56th Rolex 24 at Daytona

They probably deserved a penalty but five minutes is pretty harsh. The way that car is running tough, they could easily come back.

Man, it's sweet having this many cool looking prototypes in the race.

They probably deserved a penalty but five minutes is pretty harsh. The way that car is running tough, they could easily come back.

Man, it's sweet having this many cool looking prototypes in the race.
10-12 fuel loads at 10-15 seconds too fast adds up quickly.

The fact that this is their biggest race of the year and we have to scramble between 3 or 4 different avenues throughout the event to be able to watch it is ridiculous.

So I went to bed around the 6-hour mark. I'm back with just under 8 left, Action Express is still up front, and Corvettes are still chasing the Fords.

Looks like GTD is the only class with any competitive racing going on right now.

What happened to the Acura protos?

Last edited:
So I went to bed around the 6-hour mark. I'm back with just under 8 left, Action Express is still up front, and Corvettes are still chasing the Fords.

Looks like GTD is the only class with any competitive racing going on right now.

What happened to the Acura protos?
The #7 and #31 made contact.

The #6 had an alternator issue.

#10 retired. They came into the garage with a fifth RR puncture, fixed it, then when I had come back down to that side of the garage they were back.

Hey, how are YOU doing? Give in to the Z Monster yet? I'm glad you've had reasonable weather, other than last night's shower.
I actually left the stadium for my car right before it started to really come down so I did get wet, but I managed to sleep from around 12-4 and I’m finally feeling awake again.

From when you go to bed and the Penske's in the top 3, to waking up to them many laps down.

200w.gif

#5 to the garage!

TV speculates engine maintenance / repairs to keep the car running, maybe telemetry showed a pending problem.

They're back out, possibly still on the lead lap.

Lol it’s a 24 hour race dude
My point being, who wants to watch 7 consecutive hours of it on a mobile app? What possibly kept them from keeping it on a cable network from the hours of 1-8a? Too many taped re-runs of other sports to show?

My point being, who wants to watch 7 consecutive hours of it on a mobile app? What possibly kept them from keeping it on a cable network from the hours of 1-8a? Too many taped re-runs of other sports to show?
I assume it was a combination of two factors. They figured it was too expensive to continue paying people for a minimal audience, combined with making more money selling ads during their regular middle of the night stuff.

As to mobile apps, the stream was perfectly watchable on my 24" monitor. :D

No broadcasters to cover the overnight hours in contract. On FSG it was commercial free, but only the rooftop camera, and IMSA Radio announcers which I think were actually the Euro TV broadcast team.

I went to bed around 1:00 and woke up at 8:00. Sad to see Castroneves' team be so far behind after leading for so long, looks like this lack of yellows has really strung the field out except for GTD.

Katherine Legge is such a damn good driver, its a shame she's not in the series full-time this year.
I think MSR are working on the funding to fill out the season still; there’s hope.
I love seeing katherine legge doing so well on track. I hope she gets another shot at Indy with a quality ride.

I follow Kat and Andy Lally on Instagram and Facebook. Andy is super approachable, very responsive to messages and I even had him write a small document for one of my college classes. Kat is absolutely a hoot. The other day they were doing some maintenance in her attic, and he recorded a video of himself absolutely scaring her crapless. They did date for awhile but they are both alphas and conflict alot, do better as neighbors. Haha

Back
Top Bottom