57th Rolex 24 at Daytona

One reason is that bumpin' and bangin' is discouraged and will get you penalized. Very few of these teams have more than one car, budgets are smaller, and turnarounds for repairs can be lengthy and expensive.
not really. The bulk of the penalties are car related.

Gonna be tight.

I have not watched a lot of sports car races....It seems that they dont wreck alot.....
Last year had only four cautions, but that's not the norm...the prior ten varied between 13-25. We'll see how it goes this time, but I wouldn't expect it to be the same. I read some comments a few days ago that some drivers didn't want to push too hard early on, but with the lack of cautions it cost them by the end of the race, and they anticipate having to run harder sooner this year.

Last year had only four cautions, but that's not the norm...the prior ten varied between 13-25. We'll see how it goes this time, but I wouldn't expect it to be the same. I read some comments a few days ago that some drivers didn't want to push too hard early on, but with the lack of cautions it cost them by the end of the race, and they anticipate having to run harder sooner this year.
who's going to win? :D

Gonna be tight.

I have not watched a lot of sports car races....It seems that they dont wreck alot.....

Some of the fireworks start to happen as the sun goes down, late night portion, fatigue setting in, with regards to accidental wrecks imo.

The story of the race is much more interesting as it unfolds, heartbreaking even.

one wild looking Ferrari

sweet sounds

That Ferrari has been interesting...Via Italia Racing from Brazil, which no one had heard of and was on no one's radar as a potential entry over the offseason. They have a trio of Brazilians, one of which is on the Road to Indy ladder and actually won Pro Mazda a couple of years ago, as well as one Ferrari factory driver.

who's going to win? :D
Mazda definitely have more speed than anyone IMO - but of course their problems are always more about execution and reliability than speed. It should be Mazda's to lose but no one should be surprised if they both blow up in 12-16 hours or collapse in the pits at a crucial moment.

I wouldn't dare try to pick anyone out in GTLM or GTD lol.

yeah that is why I said rabbit, The Penskes are fast and most of all reliable and the Caddy's I can't count them out with the Tailor car. . I'm going with Chips cars but that 911 has one coming I'm afraid

That has to be the most delicate/annoying thing to balance in these endurance races, how hard do we run the car? am I running it too hard? am I running it too easy? should I be running it this hard? maybe I should back off? should we take care of our equipment here? we've got a big lead, maybe we should slow down? maybe I shouldn't try to pass this guy? I'm at 97%, am I at 97%? maybe I should bring it in? lol.

That has to be the most delicate/annoying thing to balance in these endurance races, how hard do we run the car? am I running it too hard? am I running it too easy? should I be running it this hard? maybe I should back off? should we take care of our equipment here? we've got a big lead, maybe we should slow down? maybe I shouldn't try to pass this guy? I'm at 97%, am I at 97%? maybe I should bring it in? lol.
What condition am I leaving the car in for the next driver? The driver after that? What condition did the last driver leave the car in for me? What other cars on the track did he tick off, and do they know that I'm in the car now?

What condition am I leaving the car in for the next driver? The driver after that? What condition is did the last driver leave me in? What other cars on the track did he tick off, and do they know that I'm in the car now?

Haha yeah exactly

Good free Pickems group for the race if you are interested. They run it all season to.
I have participated with this group for years.

Just use a screen name or nick name where it asks for name. Easy registration, name and email only. Email only used if you are the season winner.
Scroll down to bottom of form to read rules first. Picks due by noon today.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...8s6RRqML0Q95Nck9NCNH1R2-gD_u4vXp0ztXRTtY6iF7I

Last edited:
I think this may be Acura's year. Was it just me or did anyone else see substantial rear smoke from
one or both of the Mazdas down the front straight early in quali. I only noticed it one lap.
I don't think the booth mentioned it or were talking about others with tire smoke.

I think this may be Acura's year. Was it just me or did anyone else see substantial rear smoke from
one or both of the Mazdas down the front straight early in quali. I only noticed it one lap.
I don't think the booth mentioned it or were talking about others with tire smoke.
I think it was a little rub because the tire pressures were still down. Didn't hear anything definitive, but both Mazdas sat out last night's practice to do planned engine changes.

DxnMqCAXgAI5WqZ.jpg

Watching the Michelin race and I'm reminded of another reason I love these races - the double-yellow line doesn't mean squat.

the 22 Mustang heavily damaged when a big wad of them tried to go thru the chicane at the same time 5 or 6 cars damaged

Bit of a wreckfest for sure. Someone needs to take the fight to the McLaren but that car is too damn good on the straights.

I have to keep checking in and out; that whole work thing, ya know?

the Nascar youngsters are keeping the stang in the top 5. slipping and sliding, fun to watch. That is about the only car I am following FWIW. Maxwell in the other one is running in 8th they are having good runs. Not impressed with Maxwell, he is losing spots and letting them push him around

Last edited:
I don't care what anyone says, I find watching this on a phone to be barely tolerable. Too damn small for this old man. It isn't even worth stalling when someone calls with something for me to do.

Back
Top Bottom