57th Rolex 24 at Daytona

lol right rear poacher right rear poacher.... he's got a right rear puncture...ohhhh

Holy crap they gave the race leading Mclaren a drive thru

Unreal. Didn't even look like he was guilty of anything except having a fast car, and the BMW staying out in the lead when they shouldn't have.

Gotta take a lunge when you have the opportunity. As good as McLarens are on the straight they’re just as bad in the infield. Minimum drag/downforce setup. Audi has the infield package to do it.

Beautiful chicane action. First time I've come back to my desk that wasn't a caution! They're doing some nice racing when they aren't imitating Ironhead at Bristol.

Wilson in the Aston Martin holding that long was incredible. Excellent 4 way battle for the lead.

I think he could have stretched it out even more myself, they would just blow by everybody else on the banks. Always so cool to watch drivers get more out of the car than it has by just driving the wheels off of it. That little red Alpha was giving the Honda's hell for a while there.

Pretty interesting and how things change, the car broke down, didn't finish the race but won anyway. Pretty funny ta ta dah with Dorsey, Roush and a crewman.

One of my top 5 favorite events on the entire racing calendar. I had the pleasure of going to The Rolex in 2017, stayed for 14 of the 24 hours, and I have to say of all the races I’ve been to, this event is tops. Didn’t go this year,I’ll have the pleasure of watching from home as it’s 0 degrees outside and expecting 6-10 inches of snow tomorrow so today is as good as any to try to go the distance and watch all 24 hrs on tv. Tip of the cap to those on the board that are attending the 2019 Rolex have a great time!

One of my top 5 favorite events on the entire racing calendar. I had the pleasure of going to The Rolex in 2017, stayed for 14 of the 24 hours, and I have to say of all the races I’ve been to, this event is tops. Didn’t go this year,I’ll have the pleasure of watching from home as it’s 0 degrees outside and expecting 6-10 inches of snow tomorrow so today is as good as any to try to go the distance and watch all 24 hrs on tv. Tip of the cap to those on the board that are attending the 2019 Rolex have a great time!
Suddenly, much of the weekend here being in the 50s doesn’t sound so bad.

Suddenly, much of the weekend here being in the 50s doesn’t sound so bad.
Yea my wife and I are regretting not going down to Daytona for the race this year and now we get slammed with this weather. Odds are we probably would have been stuck there till Tuesday with this incoming snow but that’s okay there worse places to be stranded than Daytona Beach even if it’s in the 50’s-60’s.

Back
Top Bottom