57th Rolex 24 at Daytona

Ugh. What a mess.
rainx.gif

Looking at the radar, I have a bad feeling about this red flag. Could be lengthy right up to the end.
We will see.

Hats off to the fans there. I know there are some miserable camp sites down there and
I can hear some kids now "Dad , I think I am ready to go home".

dang iiit! The Ford almost had a shot, and now a freakin RED. Quit raining dammit
The red didn't hurt as much as having to pit for fuel while it was still yellow!

Time to measure the windows; we'll spend the tax refunds on vertical blinds.

Really glad I decided to go to bed last night. Woke up and got thru six hours and 45 minutes of coverage in about 3 hours with all the delays.

Well thanks to this current red flag I might go out and shovel last nights snow before this afternoon’s 6-10 inches arrive.

#55 back in the garage again. Powertrain.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised MAZDA. They were so damn close to getting back on the lead lap last night when Bomarito was in the car, around 4am eastern. Was rooting for them.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised MAZDA. They were so damn close to getting back on the lead lap last night when Bomarito was in the car, around 4am eastern. Was rooting for them.

Like @FLRacingFan said I think it comes down to that engine. Using a high-revving 4 banger with a turbo about the size of a bowling ball has led to more issues. I hope Mazda gets some needed R&D on a new engine layout. The car is light and the chassis is great, but they lack the reliability like the other DPis'. Its been the same issue with "internal issues" or electrical ones. A better engine would be great for them, but I fear they just don't have money to pull it off.

What did you do out there in the wet all morning?
I saw the rain coming on the radar and decided to get a hotel across the street last night. It was getting way too cold for me anyways with the wind whipping. Turns out I didn’t miss much, got into the main concourse just as they were going back green this morning.

Depending on how the weather is you can just sleep in the car/stands/concourse/infield but I wasn’t chancing that this year.

Like @FLRacingFan said I think it comes down to that engine. Using a high-revving 4 banger with a turbo about the size of a bowling ball has led to more issues. I hope Mazda gets some needed R&D on a new engine layout. The car is light and the chassis is great, but they lack the reliability like the other DPis'. Its been the same issue with "internal issues" or electrical ones. A better engine would be great for them, but I fear they just don't have money to pull it off.
They'll be a threat at the non-endurance events; maybe even at Glen since they held together more than six hours this weekend.

If you look you die
If you row a boat down a river blindfolded, you'll probably die too, and probably deserve to. This looks like a Darwin Award waiting to happen, the kind of stuff women are usually smart enough to avoid. If you're gonna pull this stunt, why drag the kids along? :blink:

Isn't the blindfold challenge a" thing "these days?

I could listen to Junior tell stories all day.

If you row a boat down a river blindfolded, you'll probably die too, and probably deserve to. This looks like a Darwin Award waiting to happen, the kind of stuff women are usually smart enough to avoid. If you're gonna pull this stunt, why drag the kids along? :blink:

Birdbox. Its on Netflix of you want to watch it.

I saw the rain coming on the radar and decided to get a hotel across the street last night. It was getting way too cold for me anyways with the wind whipping. Turns out I didn’t miss much, got into the main concourse just as they were going back green this morning.

Depending on how the weather is you can just sleep in the car/stands/concourse/infield but I wasn’t chancing that this year.
Sounds like you have it down to a science, how many Rolex’s you been too?

Back in and sounds like they are going to call it? Bummer

They're going to call it. I doubt they restart this race IMHO and not to mention IMSA officials are going to wait 30 minutes to make the call.

SMH.

Yeah , next yellow radar blob to hit the track, and its on the way, they will call it.

lol Charlie. Perfect Birdbox responses. Now get off my lawn! :)
I hadn't heard of it before today. I Googled it but the premise sounds like another one of those shows that will either end before it's resolved or will have a badly plotted ending with all sorts of loose ends hanging around. I gave up on those a while back; too many disappointments.

Although I've stuck with this race, so I don't know what that says about me. :confused:

Looks like they're gearing up to call it, but wanted to answer this one.

This is sick tweet, who ya got?

NASCAR > KDB (mostly for entertainment purposes, and to force the prima donna into one of these cars)
F1 > Raikkonen
IRL > Castroneves

Wildcard ace from any era > Aryton Senna

I hadn't heard of it before today. I Googled it but the premise sounds like another one of those shows that will either end before it's resolved or will have a badly plotted ending with all sorts of loose ends hanging around. I gave up on those a while back; too many disappointments.

Although I've stuck with this race, so I don't know what that says about me. :confused:

It's just a low commitment 2 hour movie. Worth a watch imo. No loose ends. :)

Back
Top Bottom