59th Rolex 24 at Daytona

20210131_064720.jpg

Whats left of the Dragonspeed 81 car.

Thats the best angle I could get of it.

Still doesn't work. I mentioned it on a Bob Pockrass tweet and Spectrum sent me the usual apology and send us more info bullsheet. Nope. Time to pull the plug. Going streaming only. Found on my other Roku TV, which is connected to outdoor OTA, it downloaded a bunch of streaming channels. I mean A BUNCH. So...internet and probably YouTube TV are coming my way. Maybe 30 bucks cheaper than my current deal.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Spectrum Cable NBCSN in Raleigh NC has been broken for more than a week. Just pathetic. It's pixelating horribly and no sound. Couldn't watch the SX race either. Tried rebooting the box couple times. I'm about due to shut it all down anyway. Maybe next week is the time. Had two year no raise deal. It expires sometime soon. I'll not use their TV service again. Been horrible the whole 2 years. Had 5 different techs out which changed everything 5 TIMES! Works OK for maybe a month. JUNK! Time to cut the cord.

I have had similar problems in Charleston as well

I eat at Bob every chance I get, which isn't often. Fried mush, and biscuits with that terrific sausage gravy.
Oh yeah!
Still doesn't work. I mentioned it on a Bob Pockrass tweet and Spectrum sent me the usual apology and send us more info bullsheet. Nope. Time to pull the plug. Going streaming only. Found on my other Roku TV, which is connected to outdoor OTA, it downloaded a bunch of streaming channels. I mean A BUNCH. So...internet and probably YouTube TV are coming my way. Maybe 30 bucks cheaper than my current deal.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
I tried streaming with YouTube TV and found it too cumbersome for my liking and so stayed with cable for now. YMMV.

They are loud as hell though, they have a much deeper tone compared to the LMP2 and reminds me a lot how the Cadillac and C7.R sounded. Like a mix between them, a very deep tone.
Nothing better than V8 engines.
I'll never forget the feeling of the grandstands almost vibrating with 40 cars flying by at once during the cup race I got to attend at Pocono 2017.

Oh yeah!

I tried streaming with YouTube TV and found it too cumbersome for my liking and so stayed with cable for now. YMMV.
It can't be worse than Spectrum.

1. DVR---attempted to delete programs as far back as May of 2020. Says it's done. Nope. 59% full and scrolling up.
2. Frequently at boot-up, TV can't see the cable box. Have to cycle the box on 3 times to get a connection. Black screen (usually twice), snowman shoveling snow in a snowstorm, then TV says "No connection (is it on)?" Whe it finally connects the DVR makes sounds like it lacks oil pressure. Lots of grinding and popping of hardrive.
3. Current start-up channel is CNN. At least 4 times a week, has message that "your TV supports a higher resolution, do you want to update"? Say yes every time. At the point I'm at HHHHHHHDDDDDDDDDRRRRRRR 99.09.
4. Frequently loses channels. Just has an error code and guide gets shrunk by half. Normally unplug everything for a minute and it's back up.
5. Channels pixilating and no/poor sound. Absolutely no better "connection" than OTA antenna.

I suspect many of the issues ARE the DVR/Box. But if I have to drive 15 miles to get to an office you can get inside in less than 2 hours I'm turning all their stuff in. I suppose I could try to get them to send me a replacement? I originally did the self install. It's one coax, one HDMI and power connection. Meh. Will see Monday.

Back
Top Bottom