78 FRR is done

Everyone is screaming to contain costs and the current sponsorship model is going the way of the dodo, but what's the answer? I seriously ask because I don't know the finances of it all, but what if NASCAR went to a similar system as other sports leagues like the NFL? Meaning owners are granted franchises (charters), and revenue AS A WHOLE LEAGUE is then divided up amongst the team owners. In other words, the Frances stop getting rich while teams are left to fend for themselves. TV money, advertising as a whole for the sport, etc is divvied up instead of going to NASCAR, ISC, and SMI... I know it's an apples to oranges comparison, but would some variation of this model need to be enacted for the sport to survive long term?

You can look at what Indycar is doing. Don't fret for the Billionaires, it's going to be fine.

Teams come and go. Someone will pick up where FRR left off..

What I hoping comes out of this is that the other owners wake up and realize they can't continue spending like there's no tomorrow.

That's what they do, right? They put other people out of business. That's how they became billionaires. They come to this sport, and we want it healthy. They will run it dry, and buy a hockey franchise or something. Mr. Visser did what he came to do, and left the way Carl Edwards left....except Barney left with the trophy. We are left with what happens next--whatever that may be.

NASCAR is the only sport that relys solely on ad revenue to stay afloat. They missed the mark on the tech industry and stayed the course on the cars as rolling billboards.

On top of that, most of the on track product is stale and cannot retain attention in today’s fast paced society.

Your local dirt and short track has the stands packed and is drama filled with extreme rivalries and passion. It’s exactly what NASCAR should be, but is not.

Too little too late.

It is always sad to see a team close down. Furniture Row represents a startup team that worked up from being a back marker to a champion. They did it during a time when that hasn't happened in a long time. I hope the team can perform at the high level they've accomplished for the remainder of the year. But that will be hard, the 78 team has a burden the other teams don't have.

Lots of different opinions regarding salary caps, spending caps...
I can’t really see how this is going to be a positive for the power teams. Sure it could help the little guys but I’m not so confident that you could monitor and effectively regulate the mega teams.

Wow just got the news! Major wow....I knew this was coming thanks to the gents and ladies on here that had info but to see it actually unfold is still jarring. I don’t see how this is a good look to lose you’re defending Championship Team but at the same time I’ve been watching this sport long enough to see many teams come and go. Just can’t remember the last defending championship team to say Adios. Props to Preacher Joe for offing his competition if previous reports here are true, man MTJ just can’t find stability every team he’s been on has folded or had ownership issues. The Big 3 just became the Big 2. Hopefully Cole ends up at HMS, though not sure who you’d pair him with.

Lots of different opinions regarding salary caps, spending caps...
I can’t really see how this is going to be a positive for the power teams. Sure it could help the little guys but I’m not so confident that you could monitor and effectively regulate the mega teams.

They will always find a way around regulation

I sincerely hope that this all represents a pay raise for MTJ.

Utter Bombs! Couldn’t the Preacher convince Arris to stay with the 19 and then have Bass Pro/Arris sponsor the ride? Or is Arris tied to Suarez?
Feel bad for Suarez, that sucks, but I think we all kind seen it coming.

And JGR get the pair that has been beating them for the last few years......

Kevin makes some good points on Race Hub, talking about how other major sports pool the incoming monies from ticket sales, souvenirs, television contracts and league sponsors being evenly distributed back into the teams as a means to offset costs. NASCAR, for the most part is greedy and doesn’t allow this.

Kevin makes some good points on Race Hub, talking about how other major sports pool the incoming monies from ticket sales, souvenirs, television contracts and league sponsors being evenly distributed back into the teams as a means to offset costs. NASCAR, for the most part is greedy and doesn’t allow this.
No one should be shocked by that.

Stupid question but when Visser sells his charter, they do have a race shop in Denver right? Will that team use it or is the shop a separate transaction?

A champion of the sport can't get the funding. Holy smokes! This is a watershed moment in NASCAR. I hope that those with their heads in the sand and have been asleep at the wheel make drastic changes in how business is conducted in NASCARland. I'd be running to implement rules in the off-season to cap team spending per car, and shorten races (if the networks will allow it).

Stupid question but when Visser sells his charter, they do have a race shop in Denver right? Will that team use it or is the shop a separate transaction?
The charter is a separate from the actual race team and the team's assets, so Barney's race shop will not go with the charter unless he sells it to the buyer along with the charter .

Maybe being in Colorado (which had some pluses) was just to much logi$tically to overcome. I have to believe it was an added cost burden
Best wishes to the employees especially the more entry level types, that may consider relocating to a new team in North Carolina to be an impossible alternative.

Back
Top Bottom