A new month yields a new Kurt Busch meltdown.

"Pocky" asked him a fair question about if it changes the way he races Allgaier and if he did race different because of his probation. That's not "starting stuff", that's a legitimate "stupid question" or as we call it in reality, a question. Kurt chose to be a dick about it.

Well thats my point Andy, Pock was doing his job by asking a question ( maybe not a good one ) Kurt should have done his job and just said No Sir or Yes Sir, then smile and walk away.
Kurt needs to learn that the media can be your worst enemy or your freind based simply on how you treat them.

Any predictions on what the sanctions by NASCAR will be?

I'm going with actions detrimental, double secret probation, $10, 000.00, and having to sit out one Nationwide event.

nascom:

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR has suspended Kurt Busch until June 13 and has extended his probation until Dec. 31 for his actions following the Nationwide Series race June 2 at Dover International Speedway.
Busch violated Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing; violation of probation; verbal abuse to a media member) of the 2012 NASCAR Rule Book. Busch had been placed on probation May 15 for his actions during the May 12 Sprint Cup Series event at Darlington Raceway. That probation was scheduled to end July 25.

Any predictions on what the sanctions by NASCAR will be?

I'm going with actions detrimental, double secret probation, $10, 000.00, and having to sit out one Nationwide event.

Man I miss David Poole, he would have been all over this.

*** Busch has been suspended from racing until Michigan.

The suspension is extreme, but at the same time, he's gotten away with a lot of stuff that other drivers have been suspended for.

I hope this will get his attention and turn him around. He has been spiraling out of control for too long.

Nothing has worked up to this point. I doubt that this will have much of an impact overall...

So, who's gonna be in the 51 at Pocono?
Will Kurt ever be back to that car?
Who has Brian Vicker's number?

Extreme had it been his first time. I'd call it appropriate.

I think it's extreme for what he did but it had to be done since Kurt's always been a loose cannon. NASCAR's let Kurt get away with a lot of stuff. If Kevin Harvick pulled 40% of the crap Kurt's pulled, he'd be expelled from NASCAR by now.

Wow was'nt expecting that, what they do hold a special penalty meeting on a MONDAY?

As Tony Stewart stated last night on Wind Tunnel, there is likely something bothering Kurt on a deeper level which rears its head when things don't go as planned. I really do hope he gets it worked out and can find some inner peace.

I really hope no one is taking joy from any of this because its quite sad.

I think it's extreme for what he did but it had to be done since Kurt's always been a loose cannon. NASCAR's let Kurt get away with a lot of stuff. If Kevin Harvick pulled 40% of the crap Kurt's pulled, he'd be expelled from NASCAR by now.
Wait, where's the word "fact" in there Andy? Jeez:rolleyes:

Maybe Kurt should sit down and talk to Jeremy Mayfield. NASCAR can make you go away if you continually fail to follow their rules.

Getting parked seems to have worked out for Kyle. Let's see how it works for Kurt. So, who drives the #51 this week?

Kurt has been parked twice and lost two rides (maybe three now) for being an a**hole. he isn't changing.

On a side note I think this is a little over board on Nascar's part. Kurt was just being a jerk and no one/thing got hurt. Not sure why Nascar felt like he needed to be parked.

On a side note I think this is a little over board on Nascar's part. Kurt was just being a jerk and no one/thing got hurt. Not sure why Nascar felt like he needed to be parked.

I think it was just a we're getting tired of dealing with this guy kinda thing.

I think it was just a we're getting tired of dealing with this guy kinda thing.

I understand that. However drivers have gotten far less worse for intentionally wrecking cars under caution and on pit road. I also understand already being on probation had something to do with it, but still seems a little harsh to me.

Well, he's now on probation for the entire season. I expect he'll run his mouth again and further penalties will be added.
"What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men..."

Only thing I find surprising is his suspension is only for this upcoming week. His probation being extended until the end of the year isn't surprising.
He has issues that's for sure.

If I were Kurt from now on I wouldn't do anymore interviews with the media. Not even interviews in Victory Lane. I would just have my PR person release statements all the time. It seems Kurt and the Nascar Media can't co-exist. I say it is both their faults. Kurt is an a**hole, but at the same time these media members know he is an a**hole and still ask him questions that will instigate him. For his and Nascar's sake no more interviews.

Only thing I find surprising is his suspension is only for this upcoming week. His probation being extended until the end of the year isn't surprising.
He has issues that's for sure.
I believe that his suspension for only one race has to do with NASCAR's respect for contractual obligations with regard to Kurt's sponsor.

Not sad.

This is appropriate, sad is what he has done to force the response.

He needs his heart and pride broken, to understand the show goes on with or without him.

Let him cry it out, and learn to be a better man. Petting his bitter tears, and defenses for him is not a help. Even his friends should be telling he has lived like a jerk, and to grow up.

He needs some solitary pain, it going to come now and maybe help him, or when the situation passes a point of no return.

So proceed with the suffering stage.

It's Kurt's responsibility to control himself. It's not the media's obligation to ask him softball questions. If he can't handle it, it's time for him to move on.

Nothing pisses Kurt off more than questions about rivalry. Remember Pocono last year? Then he went off on Mezner at Richmond when he asked about he and JJ winning the chase while feuding.

Kurt should take lessons from Tony, who starts talking about the weather when he doesn't want to respond to a reporter. Robin Pemberton got that treatment when he was running around trying to stir up trouble anywhere he could.

If that's the best question that guy could come up with he needs to find something better to do. There was no story there. I like when some of the drivers throw it back at these media people...then again other drivers don't get fined and ridiculed for it.

I have had issues with Kurt for several years but for what it is worth, here is my take on this...

Kurt Busch drives a race car that is owned by James Finch. Finch may own the car, but the fans are the stockholders that pay the bills. The media is the conduit that brings the financial report back to the stockholders.

Never, ever whizz on the media.

Kurt has no one to blame for this mess but himself. He was listed as one of the top ten hated athletes in the US. Maybe he should have taken notice when that fact came out.

Back
Top Bottom