All-Star race experimentation receives mostly high marks

A 20 year old social media intern begging for that package.... It’s also a track that NASCAR owns. The track is simply towing the company line if they keep a tweet like that.

Edit: same with Eddie Gossage and same with Larry Mac.
NASCAR doesn't own Chicago. ISC does but they're not the same thing.

doubt it, doesn't matter anyway
Considering you used it as justification for why they can't run smaller engines, it does...

"By the time it evolves, especially for the engine shop, this particular engine package would need to look very similar to what your Daytona and Talladega package to look like. ... That's the reason you can't just say, 'Pull the trigger, let's do it,'" Harvick said.

"It's a big ship to turn. It would be interesting."

"It's a [new] motor package; it's potential body change from what we race," said Stewart-Haas Racing Vice President of Competition Greg Zipadelli. "We're just creating more work for ourselves, which just takes more resources.

"If it puts good racing on and the races are spread out, we'll all figure it out as teams. Dumping it on us right now wouldn't be the right thing to do."

My guess is they will continue to do more of these experiments to artificially create bigger ratings. If any of these were done full time the ratings would continue there normal downward trend, but with constant change they can inflate the numbers(both attendance and TV) and get a better price when they sell in the next couple of years.

The 600 should be 300 2 lap stages. Only green flag laps count.

Nascar do I has job?

Put a jump in the middle and run figure-8’s at 80 mph. So excitin’ cuz there’s so many lead changes.

High marks from who...Nascar?
Just so funny listening to people bitch about the racing last night. They are the same ones complaining about aero, and not being able to pass and this package allowed this to happen in a very exciting race. They want the speed back, well people with speed comes aero and with aero comes less ability to pass, make up your minds.

Just so funny listening to people bitch about the racing last night. They are the same ones complaining about aero, and not being able to pass and this package allowed this to happen in a very exciting race. They want the speed back, well people with speed comes aero and with aero comes less ability to pass, make up your minds.

I'd rather see them moving at 200mph than passing each other every lap. Nothing wrong with the current racing that happens on 1.5s.

yeah that is on the clip above also, Faster speeds mean one lane racing. It won't matter to some though even though some seen it with their own eyes. Ain't nothing to it, the guys with skin in the game know the deal.

....Are you ****** kidding? Who here has asked for plate races every weekend?

I’d take the occasional snoozer over that manufactured low-skilled, underpowered trash

....Are you ****** kidding? Who here has asked for plate races every weekend?

I’d take the occasional snoozer over that manufactured trash
you probably need to watch the clip above before you panic. Nobody that has power is saying that.

you probably need to watch the clip above before you panic. Nobody that has power is saying that.

I’m referring to people begging for that package every weekend.

So why do we have to do it with a plate? Do it with this aero package and an engine that makes 450hp!
Serious question, do you work for Nascar in some way?
He seems like he does.

IROC...do we really want IROC racing every week?
Probably help ya a whole bunch if you watched the clip above, nobody in power is talking about a plate every week or a different engine. You are going to have to find something else to complain about. Probably not though :p

Probably help ya a whole bunch if you watched the clip above, nobody in power is talking about a plate every week or a different engine. You are going to have to find something else to complain about. Probably not though :p
So you want Plates?

For the folks on twitter etc. that were amazed by the racing last night and think it was the best racing they have seen.....go watch a race from like 1996 on youtube and get back to me

For the folks on twitter etc. that were amazed by the racing last night and think it was the best racing they have seen.....go watch a race from like 1996 on youtube and get back to me
lol. Cherry pick a race. How about we go back and look at a bunch more that were over when it started?

Nope.. the All-Star Race is a gimmick stages, segments, last night was no different. Run the damn race 50 laps ...Let's see who wins.
Now you are complaining about segments? Just admit it, you arent gonna like anything, you are the grumpy old man.

Back
Top Bottom