All-Star race experimentation receives mostly high marks

Having been to numerous "follow-the-leader with very little passing" races at Chicagoland, I wouldn't mind seeing a version of this year's ASR package used there at least once.

It couldn't hurt, imo.
O'Donnell in the clip above said never say never about the package being used this year. He said he had to talk to everybody involved, the manufacturers, teams etc. Ya never know. Exciting times.

Manipulating the racing style simply to say “LOOK AT ALL THESE GOOD STATISTICS” is absolute garbage from NASCAR. On par with news networks and politicians cherry picking facts and stats to present while purposefully hiding the opposing stats for bias.

Not a good look. They are selling a bill of goods.

The whole ******* point of those douchebags on Twitter is to make this sh!t seem great. Gluck was mentioning last night that he wasn’t convinced this was the answer and he was being blasted for it. Go figure.
Why do you think Gluck was ousted from the machine?

Manipulating the racing style simply to say “LOOK AT ALL THESE GOOD STATISTICS” is absolute garbage from NASCAR. On par with news networks and politicians cherry picking facts and stats to present while purposefully hiding the opposing stats for bias.

Not a good look. They are selling a bill of goods.
yeah and I can't believe Smith wants it for the 600, or Chicagoland, what were they thinking? Even Gibbs liked it. smh

I'd rather see them moving at 200mph than passing each other every lap. Nothing wrong with the current racing that happens on 1.5s.
I really don't get this. I enjoy racing at Martinsville at 95 mph. I enjoy racing at Atlanta at 190 mph. I enjoy racing at Darlington at 175. I enjoy racing at Charlotte at 160, 170, 180 or whatever. During the race last night I could not tell the difference this year from last year in speed on TV. I even watched some of the 2017 All Star race just to see if I noticed much difference. Nope. I have been to Charlotte many times and have seen ARCA, Truck, Xfinity and Cup cars race there. It did not matter to me that the lower series were running slower than cup and had no bearing on my level of enjoyment. Actually it never even entered my mind. I never once thought, I can't wait until Cup runs so we can really get to see some speed. Maybe NHRA is your better choice if you want to see pure speed, 300+ over there!

no use getting into an argument, fans, owners, tracks are all liking what happened, the small minority they ignore anyway. they say that publicly, there is a group that don't like nothing :D

The ones defending the ‘traditional’ racing style on this site are some of the purest race fans on here who haven’t had much bad to say about the racing. Give me a break.

yeah and I can't believe Smith wants it for the 600, or Chicagoland, what were they thinking? Even Gibbs liked it. smh
It’s been less than 24 hours after the race. No reliable survey of opinions can be taken in that time frame. The pool is way too small to judge it on majority opinion. Nothing but fool’s gold being sold as purity.

If I wanted to see that type of activity I'd watch Formula One on a regular basis or just watch funeral processions go by on the way to the local cemetery.

Except I like oval racing and would prefer to see a real race instead of the cars limping around the track to ammuse people that don't enjoy a real race.

It’s been less than 24 hours after the race. No reliable survey of opinions can be taken in that time frame. The pool is way too small to judge it on majority opinion. Nothing but fool’s gold being sold as purity.
yeah tracks, drivers and team owners, what do they know?

yeah tracks, drivers and team owners, what do they know?

Let’s here what Tony Stewart has to say, let’s here more than what Joe Gibbs media intern has to say, let’s here more than what two tracks have to say... let’s hear a driver say more than “it was interesting, very easy to drive. Seemed entertaining, would not want to do it for 600 miles”

Let’s here what Tony Stewart has to say, let’s here more than what Joe Gibbs media intern has to say, let’s here more than what two tracks have to say... let’s hear a driver say more than “it was interesting, very easy to drive. Seemed entertaining, would not want to do it for 600 miles”
The NASCAR Subreddit has near 90k members, of the demographic NASCAR is trying to reach mind you, and the majority of people in that forum agree that the racing was fun to watch but was not genuine. It felt wrong. It’s all a step in the right direction but needs some dialing back to get it just right.

NASCAR was popular on TV because of it’s organic drama. Last night was the total opposite.

The NASCAR Subreddit has near 90k members, of the demographic NASCAR is trying to reach mind you, and the majority of people in that forum agree that the racing was fun to watch but was not genuine. It felt wrong. It’s all a step in the right direction but needs some dialing back to get it just right.

NASCAR was popular on TV because of it’s organic drama. Last night was the total opposite.

Yup.

Edit: the comment section will restore your faith in racefanity

The easy to drive part is also a problem. These should be the hardest cars to drive.

The ones defending the ‘traditional’ racing style on this site are some of the purest race fans on here who haven’t had much bad to say about the racing. Give me a break.

I don't mind the people who love the high downforce / low power / momentum package and openly criticized the current racing as "boring". That is their honest opinion. I find it difficult to respect those who claimed to like the current product, but now like this radical shift in the opposite direction of all recent initiatives better. It doesn't add up, and coming out of the closet now only when NASCAR and NASCAR media are promoting something totally different requires no conviction.

'Organic' is the new 'cucumbered'.

No... no it’s not. It’s a term that has been thrown around a lot over the years and with this new debate, it’s about to be thrown around a lot more.

You guys are severely downplaying the slippery slope the comments in support of this package is traveling down.

Chicagoland has been struggling financially.
Nascar would really have to get everybody involved really quick for that to happen at Chicagoland, tons of major players. It would surprise the hell out of me if it did happen. I can't see all of them agreeing, but the track saying they want that package is significant.

lol. Cherry pick a race. How about we go back and look at a bunch more that were over when it started?

I don't need to cherry pick anything. Anyone can go watch any race from the last 10 years of the Winston Cup era and form their own opinion. That's when I thought the racing was at it's best. They could really race each other, run side by side, come within inches without getting bent outta shape, beat and bang without cutting tires, faster cars could pass, you had comers and goers, smaller teams were capable of good runs, I could go on and on.

And nostalgia has nothing to do with it. The proof is right there on youtube for anyone to see for themselves. If you disagree, that's perfectly fine. I'm not going to crap on the ASR package.

I don't need to cherry pick anything. Anyone can go watch any race from the last 10 years of the Winston Cup era and form their own opinion. That's when I thought the racing was at it's best. They could really race each other, run side by side, come within inches without getting bent outta shape, beat and bang without cutting tires, faster cars could pass, you had comers and goers, smaller teams were capable of good runs, I could go on and on.

And nostalgia has nothing to do with it. The proof is right there on youtube for anyone to see for themselves. If you disagree, that's perfectly fine. I'm not going to crap on the ASR package.
YouTube highlights exciting races. That era was when you first heard I couldn't pass him the aero push was so bad and Buddy coined the term twisted sister. But I am not saying it was better or worse than any other time.

I was there.( in the 90's) I loved it, I wouldnt crap on it but at the same time I love this. Great race last night, you had handling in play, side by side racing and ability to run different lines and pass.

Back
Top Bottom