All-Star Race Thread

All Star race needs to be at Richmond. It just has a better atmosphere. Charlotte really its just a boring track in my opinion.
It would probably have to move to another SMI track or Bruton would hire every lawyer within a 100-mile radius of Charlotte. Bristol, IMO.

During the Nationwide race at Milwaukee in like 2005, I heard Harvick scream at his pit crew over the scanner. Sprint Cup was at Sonoma that weekend and he was flying back and forth alot between Milwaukee and Napa. During the race, the pit crew screwed up and a tire got stuck or something. When he was chewing out the pitcrew he said "I can't believe I spent all this time in the damn airplane so we can look like a monkey f*****g a football."

All Star race needs to be at Richmond. It just has a better atmosphere. Charlotte really its just a boring track in my opinion.
Richmond would be cool. Regardless, the all star race NEEDS to be at a short track.

On that note, there needs to be more short track races in Cup.

"Bass Pro Shops, theres a big one here by the track!"

The Fix Is In

McMurray is a beast at this track . I thought for sure he was going to win it in front of my own eyes in 2010.

My only BIG complaint is they need to put the Showdown back on the same night as the All Star Race....qualifying and Race just don't pack the same excitement...
Agreed. Same night was better than two nights.

Lol @ the official pushing Jamie to get off the roof of the car. Gonna inspect that car ;)

That will never happen. Expect Edwards to be at Penske next year.
My bet as well.

If I was Ford, I would go to Penske and offer money to make a competitive offer to Carl. He and Logano are the only guys driving a blue oval that look like championship material right now.

That will never happen. Expect Edwards to be at Penske next year.
Penske has never done well with more than 2 teams. I don't see the Edwards to Penske move happening. The only other logical place for him to go is to make the move to Hendrick. Unless Gibbs moves Hamlin out. But that's more unlikely than Hendrick moving Kahne out.

It's always been hyped and only rarely produced excitement. It's designed as entertainment, and that's all it is.

Well it wasn't entertaining tonight. The NPAS All Star race was more exciting than the Sprint Cup All Star Race.

I know Charlotte is the hub for NASCAR, but this place just does not put on good enough of a show to justify three race weekends.

The racing isn't great here since it's a 1.5 miler, but given that this is a glorified exhibition race I'm fine with the race being held in most of the teams' backyard. Plus with the 600 being the next weekend it give the teams a 2-week stint at home.

Back
Top Bottom