All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like women and I like Danica and I think she should be given the same chance the guys get which some aren't giving her and I believe she is very good for the sport.

I like women and I like Danica and I think she should be given the same chance the guys get which some aren't giving her and I believe she is very good for the sport.
What is the frame work of giving her a chance?

Alright already, I'll give her a chance.

Send her over when you're done. ;)

Pretty sad when you have to preface comments about Danica here by saying you like women so you won't be labeled a misogynist.

Everyone here has a driver they don't like for whatever reason. Why is it a big deal that some people don't like Danica?
It's like some people demand she get special treatment because of her gender, and if you don't give her special treatment you run the risk of being labeled a misogynist?

I agree that some of the Danica haters take it too far when they talk about her looks and personal life. But some of the Danica proponents take it too far as well.

car.jpg

When does Justin Beiber get his thread?

She brings a ton of money and attention to nascar, and that's a good thing. She handles all the media hype real well too. I can't imagine what it would be like getting in a car with all that fuss surrounding her.

Pretty sad when you have to preface comments about Danica here by saying you like women so you won't be labeled a misogynist.

Everyone here has a driver they don't like for whatever reason. Why is it a big deal that some people don't like Danica?
It's like some people demand she get special treatment because of her gender, and if you don't give her special treatment you run the risk of being labeled a misogynist?

I agree that some of the Danica haters take it too far when they talk about her looks and personal life. But some of the Danica proponents take it too far as well.
I don't "have" to state anything, I just state my opinions, likes and dislikes, that's what a forum is for. If you don't like my way of putting things so much that you have to jump on everything I post then you should block me.

She brings a ton of money and attention to nascar, and that's a good thing. She handles all the media hype real well too. I can't imagine what it would be like getting in a car with all that fuss surrounding her.
I think very few of the "guy's" could handle it.

I don't "have" to state anything, I just state my opinions, likes and dislikes, that's what a forum is for. If you don't like my way of putting things so much that you have to jump on everything I post then you should block me.

I also just state my opinions, likes and dislikes, because as you said that's what a forum is for.

My post wasn't directed at you so simmer down, big guy.

I was NOT labeling everyone who dislikes Danica a misogynist --- but some took it too far over the line last year with the constant pounding on her about her looks and sexuality. If you want to pound on her about her driving, no problem. But the woman can't help the way she looks.

Treat her as a driver. Leave her sex out of it. If you must go there, then go to The Podium.

I was NOT labeling everyone who dislikes Danica a misogynist --- but some took it too far over the line last year with the constant pounding on her about her looks and sexuality. If you want to pound on her about her driving, no problem. But the woman can't help the way she looks.

Treat her as a driver. Leave her sex out of it. If you must go there, then go to The Podium.

You make the rules, but it seems a bit strange when we are talking about a woman who has put her sexuality front and center throughout her driving career.

I agree but let her take the same crap that Kyle Busch takes, without the Danica police jumping all over a person for having an opinion different from theirs and being negatively labelled.

FB, a driver pimps his/her self out for every sponsor in order to keep racing. She is no different -- except that she's female.
If she turned down every thing that remotely pushed her sex, would the sponsors be willing to fork over the money?

I have never talked about her looks or or personal life, only about her diving, and I have been called a misogynist for it.

I'm not saying YOU have done this, but it has happened.

Like I said, some of the Danica haters HAVE gone too far when talking about her looks and personal life. But when you get called out for hating women for talking about things that are related to her racing, I think that's going too far too, and perhaps that should also be directed to the Podium.

OK, folks, I want to know
A. Do we continue this thread trying to keep it civilized
or
B. Do we just take this to The Podium and you can let fly

If this is going to cause so much controversy here, let's just eliminate it altogether.
I want to know.

I think the discussion has been civil. I don't see any reason to take it to the podium.

TRL, it'll blow over. Don't sweat it :)
:)
I'm not loosing sleep over this. ROTFL
Last year, before the original thread was created, after a race almost everyone with a problem about Danica created their own thread about her. It led to a terribly cluttered forum. And some of the threads were so startlingly vicious they were scary.

If we don't get some racing soon, we're all going to blow a gasket. Me, included.

:)
I'm not loosing sleep over this. ROTFL
Last year, before the original thread was created, after a race almost everyone with a problem about Danica created their own thread about her. It led to a terribly cluttered forum. And some of the threads were so startlingly vicious they were scary.

If we don't get some racing soon, we're all going to blow a gasket. Me, included.

You've got that right! I'm ready for Daytona

OK, folks, I want to know
A. Do we continue this thread trying to keep it civilized
or
B. Do we just take this to The Podium and you can let fly

If this is going to cause so much controversy here, let's just eliminate it altogether.
I want to know.

You're doing fine. Maybe I didn't put enough importance on your use of the word 'constant'.

FB, a driver pimps his/her self out for every sponsor in order to keep racing. She is no different -- except that she's female.
If she turned down every thing that remotely pushed her sex, would the sponsors be willing to fork over the money?

IMO, there is no driver who has made their career on their sex appeal. Have you seen her ads? Sexy showers, body painting with lesbian overtones, bent over a car with her ass in the air, etc. The words 'remotely pushed her sex' just don't apply.

I'm not trying to challenge your authority. We're just having a conversation.

I goof on Danica, but she didn't take anyones ride, so her being in cup doesn't really bother me. She doesn't drive out of control and cause wrecks too often, so that's a plus.

She wrecked about a dozen last year and won the award for the most wrecked cars. Maybe the wrecks werent her fault IDK

For the time being. What happens when the racing starts and she takes out, or is involved in a wreck that takes out someone's favorite.
That's what I'm concerned about.

It's already happened. She took at Ricky, and I don't recall things getting out of hand. She intentionally wrecked Hornish, and most of the talk was about bad racing. She intentionally took herself out, using Cassell for the combo shot, but that was plain funny.

She wrecked about a dozen last year and won the award for the most wrecked cars. Maybe the wrecks werent her fault IDK

Mostly her own. IMO, she has been very careful when it comes to avoiding costing others. Some of here wrecks were due to trying to avoid others and simply losing control.

Mostly her own. IMO, she has been very careful when it comes to avoiding costing others. Some of here wrecks were due to trying to avoid others and simply losing control.

She has taken some REALLY hard hits in the last few years but not once have I ever heard her whining about being hurt, she is a tough little gal for sure

For the time being. What happens when the racing starts and she takes out, or is involved in a wreck that takes out someone's favorite.
That's what I'm concerned about.

If someone starts going on about her looks in a lewd way or takes a swipe at her because she's a woman, those posts should be removed IMO. This is a racing forum and people's opinions should be about her racing.

But at the same time, if someone throws the M card at other members of the forum simply because they criticized her racing, I think those posts should be removed too.

Last edited by a moderator:
She has taken some REALLY hard hits in the last few years but not once have I ever heard her whining about being hurt, she is a tough little gal for sure

Yep, but she doesn't have to worry about the seat belt crushing the bean bag. That's often the situation when a driver is crouched over by their car. Being light also helps.

She's also avoided using her popularity to condemn other drivers actions, right or wrong, on the track.

Yep, but she doesn't have to worry about the seat belt crushing the bean bag. That's often the situation when a driver is crouched over by their car. Being light also helps.

She's also avoided using her popularity to condemn other drivers actions, right or wrong, on the track.

Bean bag LOL -------- Thats the first time I ever heard that term. I learn something new every day :)

Yep, unlike some other drivers.

I for one am glad that TRL tries to keep this place clean and fair and runs the forum in a way that's best for everyone. Like she say's, take it to the podium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom