And You Wanted NBC

Love, love, love this thread as it has it all. Folks are complaining about people complaining who have complained about something they don't think should be complained about which has triggered another round of complaints. Someone is completely butthurt over practice because the commentary didn't line up with what was shown on TV and Dale Jr wasn't interviewed, we hate something called a bat cam as it may cause untold damage when it falls from the sky and it is just plain stupid.......:D

It is gonna rain on the race and cause a delay, the stages are going to mess up the traditional "big one" wrecks, Leigh Diffey sucks marginally less than Rick Allen, NBC sucks, my job sucks, my feet hurt and I am mad as hell and ain't gonna take it anymore....oh wait.......yes I am....as long as they is givin I am takin..........:D

I am not a big fan of plate racing but am looking forward to the race tomorrow night and with our neighbors to the north celebrating their 150th birthday and us celebrating another 4th of July in freedom it is all good.......but I will try and find something I don't like such as the price of ribeye or the fact that you can't turn brake rotors anymore.

That brake rotor thing pi$$es me off just about as much as dim a$$ curly cue light bulbs and safety gas can nozzles!!!! Oh.......and getting to watch every NASCAR race. That sucks too!

This is how I "fixed" mine.

I did your fix and took it one step further. I installed a valve stem minus the core at the other end on top of the can creating a nice bleeder valve. Flows much faster and the valve stem cap keeps it from spilling during transport.

Or, you could try this upgrade to an existing can.....

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Spout-Water-Update-Your/dp/B00CYNDNM8/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1498840573&sr=1-1&refinements=p_4:EZ-Pour

Last edited:
Listen to him speak. He sounds like a talk-radio advertisement voiceover

Maybe that's why I don't notice it, then, because I actually listen to a locally produced approximation of talk radio on my way into work every morning and that desensitizes me to it. (although said radio program is hilarious, especially when they reenact Facebook scuffles on Tuesdays)

Last edited:
NBC was an improvement over Fox.

The overall presentation was better. Picture quality was twice as good as Fox and FS1 -- at least on DIRECTV, better camera angles and the graphics aren't a cluster**** scattered all over the place.

I like Marty Snider, Kelli Stavast and Parker Kligerman in the pits. And Steve Letarte is my favorite booth analyst right now. Jeff Burton isn't my favorite analyst but the combination of Burton and Letarte is a major upgrade from Gordon and Waltrip on Fox IMO. And no Michael Waltrip pre race show.

Mike Joy is definitely better than Rick Allen, but that's really the only thing better about Fox.

NBC was an improvement over Fox.

The overall presentation was better. Picture quality was twice as good as Fox and FS1 -- at least on DIRECTV, better camera angles and the graphics aren't a cluster**** scattered all over the place.

I like Marty Snider, Kelli Stavast and Parker Kligerman in the pits. And Steve Letarte is my favorite booth analyst right now. Jeff Burton isn't my favorite analyst but the combination of Burton and Letarte is a major upgrade from Gordon and Waltrip on Fox IMO. And no Michael Waltrip pre race show.

Mike Joy is definitely better than Rick Allen, but that's really the only thing better about Fox.
Give RIck Allen the boot for Allen Bestwick and you have a winning broadcast team.

NBC had great camera angles tonight. Hopefully the wide shots translate over to the more "standard" tracks. FOX broadcast is 35% up close shots of the leader's hood.

Re: Picture ... Fox only broadcasts in 720, NBC broadcasts in 1080.

On a full size 1080p TV, which most televisions are, Fox's picture is very pixelated and degrades a ton.

Watching a race on Fox or FS1 is almost like watching in standard definition compared to NBC'S far superior picture quality.

Give RIck Allen the boot for Allen Bestwick and you have a winning broadcast team.

NBC had great camera angles tonight. Hopefully the wide shots translate over to the more "standard" tracks. FOX broadcast is 35% up close shots of the leader's hood.

Take Burton with him. I still like Rick Allen ... Like I said in the past, the Truck Series broadcasts were so much better when he was on them. But the guy was off tonight for sure.

The NBC trio is an upgrade though for me but barely... Jeff Gordon drove me insane on Fox. Basically, if he said something, you could count on the exact opposite being true. And his bias towards Chase Elliott is downright nauseating. It's fine to have a favorite, but when he gets to making an excuseapalooza and blaming everyone else on the track when Elliott makes a mistake, it makes me want to throw the TV through a window. Without first opening the window.

I had enough of Rick Allen for one night, he might be the worst I've heard in all my years watching NASCAR. No wait that's not true, that @sshat Bill Weber is still my number one worst ever.

I was and am piss drunk but I give the broadcast 10/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Props to NBC for last nights race. It wasn't a total commercial fest like it has been the last few years.
The three in the booth are still pretty bad. I put them somewhere below the Fox crew but above Mike Waltrip.
The "Bat Cam" was dumb and added nothing. Not to mention it was out of focus most of the time. I applaud NBC for trying something new but it was a bust IMO.
I fail to see why Ato Bolden was added to the team. I didn't think he had anything to add that any fan off the street couldn't add. It is pretty clear that this seems to be his first season around NASCAR. It is interesting to see him excited and you can almost see him becoming a bigger fan as the night went on. The whole bit about runners with necklaces versus stock cars with hood pins was just sad. There is no relation between a sprinter and an automobile at 200mph.

Overall, last night's coverage of the race was better than anything Fox has shown this year, plus NBC had a post race show in which they actually interview drivers.

Watched last nights broadcast. Thought it was just fine with that trio in the booth.

Also, I thought the helmet cam view was awesome. I liked that perspective.

On a full size 1080p TV, which most televisions are, Fox's picture is very pixelated and degrades a ton.

Watching a race on Fox or FS1 is almost like watching in standard definition compared to NBC'S far superior picture quality.
Good points. But the races on NBCSN are no better than FS1 on DirecTV. Unfortunately, there are only a handful of races on NBC, all the others are on NBCSN.

You may want to think about upgrading your equipment. You are experiencing no where near the quality of broadcasting that you should be if you are seeing a pixelated screen or SD quality programming.

You may want to think about upgrading your equipment. You are experiencing no where near the quality of broadcasting that you should be if you are seeing a pixelated screen or SD quality programming.

I didn't say it was SD quality, I said compared to NBC, Fox looks like an SD feed.

You can look it up, Fox Sports broadcasts at an inferior resolution than NBC Sports and CBS Sports. That's a fact. It's actually a common complaint with football fans, that Fox's picture quality is bad compared to CBS.

Watched last nights broadcast. Thought it was just fine with that trio in the booth.

Also, I thought the helmet cam view was awesome. I liked that perspective.

I thought the broadcast trio improved over last year and I am going to give them a chance to hopefully improve even more. I didn't hate the helmet cam but about 3 10 second shots throughout the race would be plenty for me.

I didn't say it was SD quality, I said compared to NBC, Fox looks like an SD feed.

You can look it up, Fox Sports broadcasts at an inferior resolution than NBC Sports and CBS Sports. That's a fact. It's actually a common complaint with football fans, that Fox's picture quality is bad compared to CBS.
I don't have the same experience. My picture quality looks great.

Back
Top Bottom