Are any of you NASCAR fans avid F1 fans too?

1246367574548.gif

Sounds a bit better than deciding the championship on a fan vote or number of wins .
I think the stepped point scales F1 and IndyCar use where increments are smaller as you go down the finishing order is better than what NASCAR uses today. Passes towards the front are worth more than passes towards the back. I don't know why NASCAR went away from that other than they think we're stupid.

I think the top 20 should get points in Nascar but how do you determine the top 36 if the bottom half never gets any points?

I agree with you, points for the top 20 and bigger jumps in points as you get closer to 1st. I'd say to determine the top 36, go by points and then total laps run on the lead lap for the season.

Our points work just fine the way they are. Changing the points is ridiculous at this point with the post season that's been created. The way the system is structured now only the non winning drivers over the first 26 races will have to worry about them to enter the Chase. Once they are there, wining alone is enough to advance to the next level.

Outside of the grid girls I can't see any change that could/should be adopted from F1. :)

Back
Top Bottom