Are any of you NASCAR fans avid F1 fans too?

I'll chime in. While I appreciate the balls it takes to get into the car and go, I really have no respect for a guy that drives a porcelain racecar. If you are a true NASCAR fan, how the hell can you watch ballerina open wheel?
There's been open wheeled racing long before NA$CRAP was dreamed up. There was open wheeled racing a good 50 years before NA$CAR started.

I've never been in an F1 car but I've been in an Ariel Atom with an ex Ferrari test driver at Driveway Race track the other road course in Austin Tx. and that guy scared the crap out of me. So now I have a huge appreciation for open wheeled racing now.

If NA$CAR got smarter they would run more road courses and I guarantee their viewing ratings would go up.

F1 is such al Techno sport but I find it a little suspicious when one team is so dominant.. Whether it's Red bull, Mercedes or Ferreri. Only because They're all spending a crap ton of money to perform. It's not like Red Bull this year is Phil Parsons racing against Mercedes/Hendrick.. How the red bull can be down so much on the straights is shocking.
Red Bull is off because they more or less were cheating the last 2 years by running their exhaust into their defuser into the rear wing giving them more down force on their rear wheels, this year it's been outlawed.

There's been open wheeled racing long before NA$CRAP was dreamed up. There was open wheeled racing a good 50 years before NA$CAR started.

I've never been in an F1 car but I've been in an Ariel Atom with an ex Ferrari test driver at Driveway Race track the other road course in Austin Tx. and that guy scared the crap out of me. So now I have a huge appreciation for open wheeled racing now.

If NA$CAR got smarter they would run more road courses and I guarantee their viewing ratings would go up.
Did I mention ballerina?
How come none of them can drive a real car? :p

Definitely, and run them on some modern tracks with more paved runoff so there aren't as many yellows and gambling on a pass is less risky.

If he did, he would wear his panties outside his pants.
C'mon, you wouldn't pay to see him give a press conference with his panties over his pants? I would.
109.gif

Mercedes is just killng everyone. Their straightline speed was incredible this weekend. Hopefully Ferrari can continue to make gains.

Mercedes is just killng everyone. Their straightline speed was incredible this weekend. Hopefully Ferrari can continue to make gains.
I wish Alonso could be back in a top car. Ferrari hasn't been able to get it done for several years now.

In F1 there is usually one team that dominates because they came up with a technological advantage and have the right driver. Different teams have dominated over the years. The cars are interesting from a technical point of view but the races are mostly high speed parades. Passing isn't very common and blocking is (although they are trying to change that).

This was a tire management race, what was not to like? It was a lot like watching Kyle in the Nationwide series, the leader checking out and some good battles a little farther back. And Vettle ignoring team orders again! That would be a conversation to hear.

I am happy that Ricardo is giving Vettel all he can handle this year.
The car obviously has been a factor, seeing him outperformed in the same equipment is interesting.

The car obviously has been a factor, seeing him outperformed in the same equipment is interesting.
He had been faster than Vettel in the simulator already, he just needed to move up from Toro Rosso into a better car. With Mercedes and Ricciardo, it looks like Vettel's reign is coming to an end.

Vettel hasnt gotten a handle on the new car, he is used to driving a real race car I suppose

I'm sure Red Bull will figure out a cheat to give Vettel more rear wheel down force and make him happy. That is if he didn't really piss off Adrian Newey last year when Vettel was told to not pass Webber when the field was told to slow down.

Been an F1 fan since 1979, got into NASCAR around 1986ish. In the past few years though I haven't bothered with following F1 anymore, I still catch a race here and there (I taped last weekend's Shanghai race). The V6 is so horrifying to hear now, may as well watch MotoGP to hear the same sound.
Vettel hasnt gotten a handle on the new car, he is used to driving a real race car I suppose
Real car? A car that had tremendous downforce? RBR has had the best car setup for the past few years, like Williams did back in the early 90's.

This year 20% less downforce, meaning Vettel has to actually work the car around the track now, just like everyone else.

A quick breakdown of the lead changes from this past weekends F1 race.....

View attachment 13140

But, I'm sure there was racing back in the pack. Right?

I stayed up to watch. It was 3 am as well, I was quite pissed because I expected something. Some racing here and there, but the Mercs are just on another island right now.

I was mad at Williams about Felipe's stop. Absolutely freaking ridiculous.

I stayed up to watch. It was 3 am as well, I was quite pissed because I expected something. Some racing here and there, but the Mercs are just on another island right now.

I was mad at Williams about Felipe's stop. Absolutely freaking ridiculous.

China was indeed a real groaner of a race, nothing at all like Bahrain. I dont blame you for being pissed if you stayed up late to watch that

Been an F1 fan since 1979, got into NASCAR around 1986ish. In the past few years though I haven't bothered with following F1 anymore, I still catch a race here and there (I taped last weekend's Shanghai race). The V6 is so horrifying to hear now, may as well watch MotoGP to hear the same sound.

Real car? A car that had tremendous downforce? RBR has had the best car setup for the past few years, like Williams did back in the early 90's.

This year 20% less downforce, meaning Vettel has to actually work the car around the track now, just like everyone else.

Yes he was better in the cars that still had engines and blown diffusers.

I'm sure Red Bull will figure out a cheat to give Vettel more rear wheel down force and make him happy. That is if he didn't really piss off Adrian Newey last year when Vettel was told to not pass Webber when the field was told to slow down.

I would be willing to bet that 4 world titles probably made Newey quite happy. Webber was number 2 and now missing from the grid :idunno:

Figured this goes here, Bernie forgot he was married during his bribery trial.. LMAO, copy/pasted twitter post:

Bernie Ecclestone trial: Q - 'Bernie, please confirm your marital status' A - 'Divorced' Q - 'But you remarried in 2012' A - 'Oh yes I did'.

Figured this goes here, Bernie forgot he was married during his bribery trial.. LMAO, copy/pasted twitter post:

Bernie Ecclestone trial: Q - 'Bernie, please confirm your marital status' A - 'Divorced' Q - 'But you remarried in 2012' A - 'Oh yes I did'.
LOL What an old codger. I can't believe this guy still gets to run the biggest form of motorsports in the world.

Hi$ wife i$ obviou$ly in it for hi$ per$onality.

LOL What an old codger. I can't believe this guy still gets to run the biggest form of motorsports in the world.

Hi$ wife i$ obviou$ly in it for hi$ per$onality.
He and his trophy wife deserve each other.

Back
Top Bottom