Are any of you NASCAR fans avid F1 fans too?

Our points work just fine the way they are. Changing the points is ridiculous at this point with the post season that's been created. The way the system is structured now only the non winning drivers over the first 26 races will have to worry about them to enter the Chase. Once they are there, wining alone is enough to advance to the next level.

Outside of the grid girls I can't see any change that could/should be adopted from F1. :)

lol They could take some of their clothes away.

Our points work just fine the way they are. Changing the points is ridiculous at this point with the post season that's been created. The way the system is structured now only the non winning drivers over the first 26 races will have to worry about them to enter the Chase. Once they are there, wining alone is enough to advance to the next level.
It was changed prior to 2011 though. I didn't have a problem with the 5-4-3 increments that were around for decades.

Points will most likely end up deciding Chase spots and they'll decide at least one spot for each round of the Chase too.

o-PEAS-AND-CARROTS-570.jpg

I never miss a televised F1 practice, qualifying session or race. Having an American team world new great but I great they'll be back markers and close down after 2 years of futility.

I never miss a televised F1 practice, qualifying session or race. Having an American team world new great but I great they'll be back markers and close down after 2 years of futility.
It'll take Haas five years at least to be a competitive team. Even then, they'll be up against the unlimited budgets of Ferrari, Red Bull and Mercedes. The Toyota and Honda factory teams spent a fortune in F1 with the backing of two of the world's car manufacturers and left with their tail between their legs without a win.

I will believe it when they grid a car, until then its all BS to me. We have heard this "american team" stuff before.

As a full time hater of all things Lewis Hamilton I will be watching more intently then ever. The Bahrain race was awesome stuff other than the winner IMO

I think Haas committed through 2020. They might be better off waiting until 2016 to field a team though.

F1 qualifying is being shown now, for anybody still up and interested.

There's a re-air at 3 PM too.

cube.gif

It's the weekend and I have nothing better to do, I'm gonna sleep in.

And if I did wake up I'd watch the NBA's playoffs which started today.

Spurs play a noon game. Totally will miss it.

I don't watch F1 very often, but I do on occasion when I am with my dad and he is watching it (he's a big fan).

Watched a F1 night race a few weeks ago (I think Bahrain), and it was actually pretty interesting with lots of close battles. Definitely out of the ordinary, as most F1 races I've watched are boring.

I don't watch F1 very often, but I do on occasion when I am with my dad and he is watching it (he's a big fan).

Watched a F1 night race a few weeks ago (I think Bahrain), and it was actually pretty interesting with lots of close battles. Definitely out of the ordinary, as most F1 races I've watched are boring.

It has been much better this season, the leader still runs away from most of the others but lots of good battles further back, I hope it stays like that

I agree with you, points for the top 20 and bigger jumps in points as you get closer to 1st. I'd say to determine the top 36, go by points and then total laps run on the lead lap for the season.

I would be in favor of that as long as the chase was abolished. With a top 20 only getting points. A bad finish can really cost someone and it would go both ways.

Are tire warmers girls? mkline didn't just called an object cute, did he?

How's the racing? Raining? I'll tune in in a sec.

How's the racing? Raining? I'll tune in in a sec.
Dry. Hamilton is dominating, 2nd-5th has been interesting though. Ricciardo showing Vettel what's good again and Alonso miracling his way to 2nd in the dog**** Ferrari.

I like Hamilton.

If I was to pick anyone if'd be him.

Nicole is quite a hot piece of ass too so that definitely helped putting him on the map for me. She dumped him though. lol

Hamilton ahead by 18 seconds on second place. That's just unheard of in any motorsport series. Insane.

I like Hamilton.

If I was to pick anyone if'd be him.

Nicole is quite a hot piece of ass too so that definitely helped putting him on the map for me. She dumped him though. lol
lol I think they're getting back together. I can't keep track though. They split and get back together just as often as most celebrity couples.

I'll chime in. While I appreciate the balls it takes to get into the car and go, I really have no respect for a guy that drives a porcelain racecar. If you are a true NASCAR fan, how the hell can you watch ballerina open wheel?

Hamilton ahead by 18 seconds on second place. That's just unheard of in any motorsport series. Insane.
Rosberg screwed himself badly on the start, if he didn't he'd be right up there.

That happens on long runs at road courses though.

China GP

Posting this with my thread reading eyes closed, just for a time stamp.

I am working 6am to 6pm today. Up early watching it on DVR.
Slightly behind about 45 minutes behind real time.

Not sure what Lewis was doing approaching the Grid. Massa might still have a Ferrari job if he had restarted as well for them.

I will read the thread after I get to work.

I'll chime in. While I appreciate the balls it takes to get into the car and go, I really have no respect for a guy that drives a porcelain racecar. If you are a true NASCAR fan, how the hell can you watch ballerina open wheel?
Unless its Alonso. He's a scrapper. :D

This made me sleepy and I still want to watch a movie. :(

yeah,...watched one F1 race in the 80s and there were 5 people on the lead lap. No one had dropped out due to mechanical issues either.

F1 is such al Techno sport but I find it a little suspicious when one team is so dominant.. Whether it's Red bull, Mercedes or Ferreri. Only because They're all spending a crap ton of money to perform. It's not like Red Bull this year is Phil Parsons racing against Mercedes/Hendrick.. How the red bull can be down so much on the straights is shocking.

Back
Top Bottom