At the age of 24 has Chase Elliott gained a couple steps?

Because of Larson coming on board and running races out of the series, Chase said yeah me too and Hendrick couldn't say much. Didn't take him long to find a race.
This is great news and I can't wait to see how he does in the SBD. This will make my Christmas just a little more enjoyable. Now if Larson or Bowman could hook him up in a nice Chili Bowl ride for 2021. :) All though the Chili Bowl might not be the best place to start a new racing adventure. :(

This is great news and I can't wait to see how he does in the SBD. This will make my Christmas just a little more enjoyable. Now if Larson or Bowman could hook him up in a nice Chili Bowl ride for 2021. :) All though the Chili Bowl might not be the best place to start a new racing adventure. :(
Why not, he's doing the Snowball and the Rolex 24

I have never worked the Snowball or the Rolex so I don't know how intense it is, but I have the Chili Bowl many times and I wouldn't want to debut there. Even the most experienced and best dirt track drivers in the world have problems there.

I have never worked the Snowball or the Rolex so I don't know how intense it is, but I have the Chili Bowl many times and I wouldn't want to debut there. Even the most experienced and best dirt track drivers in the world have problems there.
So he isn't supposed to? I don't get it. Something like 350 will have problems there.

So he isn't supposed to? I don't get it. Something like 350 will have problems there.
I would love to see him there win or lose. If he doesn't care to get crashed out then I don't care. Load the hauler up pack the bags kiss mama goodbye and lets hit the road.:cool:

Does Kevin Harvick even care anymore?

Why care with this Championship 4 & stage points system?

The guy had 9 wins, a 2nd place at Kansas due to dirty air, pretty bad luck at Texas due to the rain, and a bad run coupled with more bad luck at Martinsville, yet still wasn’t terrible in those races still top 10-top 15. Why care when NASCAR will just put a fine anytime you say anything about their system.

Hey @ Nitro Dude...called it :punkrocke

looks like he is running one midget race before the chili bowl,good luck to him ,i hope his new teammate will help him out,

If he makes it into one of the B features on Saturday, that would be a very good debut. If he makes the main event as a rookie with no dirt experience, that would be phenomenal.

Briscoe, for instance, has made the big show once in six attempts, finishing 22nd.

It's awesome that he's trying.

I know, and it sucks.
He's a total dad. Did you see some of his comments on his younger incidents?

Two years ago he basically redacted the golden horseshoe #48 comment and flat out said "they weren't lucky, they were just fast".

And then another time he was providing commentary on his Greg Biffle incident and more or less said "when you're 25, you feel like you have to make a scene out of everything".

I don't know, maybe fatherhood and being a champion has made Kevin make more of an effort to be a better role model.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Two years ago he basically redacted the golden horseshoe #48 comment and flat out said "they weren't lucky, they were just fast".

And then another time he was providing commentary on his Greg Biffle incident and more or less said "when you're 25, you feel like you have to make a scene out of everything".

I don't know, maybe fatherhood and being a champion has made Kevin make more of an effort to be a better role model.

Some times to stay out of the dog house you have to make changes as well.
Being married will do that.

I think the other factor is that he aspires to be in the booth. All of a sudden, "likable" becomes important.

Obviously a hypothetical because the NASCAR champ ain't going anywhere any time soon...but with Chase's best racing coming on road courses do you think Chase could cut it in F1?

Obviously a hypothetical because the NASCAR champ ain't going anywhere any time soon...but with Chase's best racing coming on road courses do you think Chase could cut it in F1?
Realistically? No. If he had gotten into a F1 feeder series by age 18, MAYBE. Heck, Michael Andretti couldn't cut it in F1, and look at HIS experience and background when he tried it. If he could step into Lewis Hamilton's car he might be able to score points with it after getting some experience, but the reality is he would be stuck in some dog car like Haas, which would only expose his lack of experience in those cars.

He’d have to get in shape. 6G under braking and 6 - 10 lateral G in the turns.

Why care with this Championship 4 & stage points system?

The guy had 9 wins, a 2nd place at Kansas due to dirty air, pretty bad luck at Texas due to the rain, and a bad run coupled with more bad luck at Martinsville, yet still wasn’t terrible in those races still top 10-top 15. Why care when NASCAR will just put a fine anytime you say anything about their system.
Are ya on your period or something?

Dear God the 18-0 Patriots lost a Super Bowl to wildcard team as well. He had multiple races and a points advantage, and totally blew it. Could’ve easily moved Joey but decided not to at Kansas

Dear God the 18-0 Patriots lost a Super Bowl to wildcard team as well. He had multiple races and a points advantage, and totally blew it. Could’ve easily moved Joey but decided not to at Kansas

Did them 18-0 Pats play everyone every week of the season? If not then it doesn’t compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't heard any word on Chase's Rolex ride yet..I wonder if Hendrick is involved like he is with Johnson's deal.

The comparison clearly supports what @Mispeedway15 said.

Nah, because you can't compare football and NASCAR.

Football, you play 3 teams twice, so that's 6 games. Leaving the other 10 to be played against 10 other teams.

so that's 13 out of 31 other teams you play.

You NEED playoffs there.

NASCAR you race everyone, every week, at every track. Playoffs aren't needed.

I know about every week.

Before every season, teams spend half a day complaining about new rules / procedural changes. After lunch, they get busy figuring out how best to take advantage of them.

There was a clear path for Harvick. He missed it.

I know about every week.

Before every season, teams spend half a day complaining about new rules / procedural changes. After lunch, they get busy figuring out how best to take advantage of them.

There was a clear path for Harvick. He missed it.

Still a ****** system. You aren't going to change my mind.

It went good for me this year, as my driver won. Doesn't change the fact the system is ****.

Still a ****** system. You aren't going to change my mind.

It went good for me this year, as my driver won. Doesn't change the fact the system is ****.
I wasn’t trying to change your mind.

I know better than that. 😇

Brian France dreamed that NASCAR could be hacked up and reassembled to be more like his preferred basketball and football. It has never worked, and interest in the final weeks of the season continues to fade while interest in the rest of the season is steady and healthy. What it means to be a NASCAR champion is diminished. The incessant cutline nonsense gives number crunching obsessives something to occupy their time. That's it.

Nah, because you can't compare football and NASCAR.

Football, you play 3 teams twice, so that's 6 games. Leaving the other 10 to be played against 10 other teams.

so that's 13 out of 31 other teams you play.

You NEED playoffs there.

Maybe they aren’t needed but it’s what we have. Golf does almost the same exact thing with the FedEx Cup as NASCAR just more abbreviated. And the Tour Championship has staggered starting scores (1st place starts with a lower than par total)

I remember in the late 90's people asked the same thing about Jeff Gordon. I couldnt see him pulling it off then and I cant see Chase doing it now. He was born and bred to be a stock car driver.

That argument would be cool if it weren’t for the fact that he got screwed over by the rain at Texas while having a decent car, and running back into the top 10 late at Martinsville.

Didn’t really blow anything at Texas just unlucky. 2nd at Kansas because of aero.

I would much prefer NASCAR go back to the Chase format after 26 races.

Back
Top Bottom