Atlanta Cup Pre Race Thread

Their is alot of different storylines for sure.. I hope the new tire is a step in the right direction as well.

Maybe. I think they will maximize their HP in preparation for the chase and perhaps go too far for a 500 mile evening race.

I an understand the #55 & #11 doing that but messing with the rest - esp. the #56 - right now may not be the best idea. TRD has won what, 5 races, since dialing back the engines? 5 of 17, I think.

I an understand the #55 & #11 doing that but messing with the rest - esp. the #56 - right now may not be the best idea. TRD has won what, 5 races, since dialing back the engines? 5 of 17, I think.

Maybe that's the smart way to think, but I'm sure TRD and JRG know they stole a few from the fastest cars on the track. They also know HMS will step up their game for the chase, so now is the time to see how far they can go. Atlanta at night is the perfect time to test durability and HP, and if they get a win Matt and Kyle are in better shape for the chase.

I think they will roll the dice this week and next, but that's just what I would do. It's weird how Chevy always seems to have some hidden HP in their engines, and the Toyota design is the oldest on the track.

Maybe that's the smart way to think, but I'm sure TRD and JRG know they stole a few from the fastest cars on the track. They also know HMS will step up their game for the chase, so now is the time to see how far they can go. Atlanta at night is the perfect time to test durability and HP, and if they get a win Matt and Kyle are in better shape for the chase.

I think they will roll the dice this week and next, but that's just what I would do. It's weird how Chevy always seems to have some hidden HP in their engines, and the Toyota design is the oldest on the track.

Agreed.

Saturday
chancetstorms.gif
Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. High of 90F with a heat index of 95F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
Saturday Night
nt_chancetstorms.gif
Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. Low of 72F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Hourly Forecast6AM12 Noon6PM12 Midnight
Temp. | Dew Point72 | 7283 | 7383 | 7276 | 72
Wind1 mph ESE2 mph SSE3 mph SSW1 mph SSW
Humidity99%73%68%87%
Chance of Precip.10%50% 50%40%
Cloud Cover55%61%62% 56%
ConditionsFogChance of a ThunderstormChance of a ThunderstormChance of a Thunderstorm
Sunrise & Sunset
7:10 AM
8:04 PM

Sunday
chancetstorms.gif
Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. High of 86F. Winds from the WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
Sunday Night
nt_chancetstorms.gif
Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. Low of 72F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Hourly Forecast6AM12 Noon6PM12 Midnight
Temp. | Dew Point72 | 7282 | 7382 | 7274 | 71
Wind1 mph South5 mph WSW6 mph WSW5 mph SSW
Humidity96%73%68%88%
Chance of Precip.40%50% 50%50%
Cloud Cover44%57%55% 47%
ConditionsChance of a ThunderstormChance of a ThunderstormChance of a ThunderstormChance of a Thunderstorm
Sunrise & Sunset
7:11 AM
8:02 PM

Yeah it is getting hotter down here in the south, nights are full of lightning bugs winking off and on, and in the distance towards the east, if I tilt my ears just right, I can hear the sound of Toyota motors popping..real distant. ka-boom, pop pop pop.

Yeah it is getting hotter down here in the south, nights are full of lightning bugs winking off and on, and in the distance towards the east, if I tilt my ears just right, I can hear the sound of Toyota motors popping..real distant. ka-boom, pop pop pop.

Are you positive that those pops aren't brain cells? ;)

I'm nervous about this weather. I hate rainouts.

Are you positive that those pops aren't brain cells? ;)
I'm guessing there will be at least two of them going pop before the race is over. You and Blowhi. The Fords and the Chevies got this one. You two wankers can cry in your beer,.:) and watch the smoke rise in the east tonite.

I'm slightly pissed that none of today's activities are tv accessible without paying extra monies.

They have to do something about this.

I see what they're doing, they're trying to cash in on FS2 and that's just not going to happen.

I'm slightly pissed that none of today's activities are tv accessible without paying extra monies.

They have to do something about this.

I see what they're doing, they're trying to cash in on FS2 and that's just not going to happen.

yeah my cable people have no plans to buy FS2 and I am not going thru the hassle to do a dish again..they don't work that great, and the packages are full of crap I don't watch and it is another upgrade above FS1 to get the thing. I know on most Nascar, Fs1 sites where there is input, people are pissed off and they aren't going for it. I hope the greedy bastards have to blink with all the holdouts and come up with decent programming.

oh my..I thought I heard a pop in the distance. That was their fastest bullet..oh well back to the shop to de tune the rest or their will be more. :) Back with Vickers..his already blew up.

They will have better performance in the Nationwide, the front runners are running Joe Gibbs engines I believe instead of the TRD hand grenades..

They will have better performance in the Nationwide, the front runners are running Joe Gibbs engines I believe instead of the TRD hand grenades..
JGR closed their engine shop and combined forces with TRD in 2012. All JGR engines come out of TRD in Costa Mesa, CA.

Looks like the 11 is going to be in test mode for the remainder of the year. The engine failure was most likely the result of running some experimentally light valvetrain components. ;)

Carl Edwards will be a big factor in this race. He's fast everywhere here.

What is Gordon woking on? His single laps have been god awful.

Seems to be about a two second drop off after 15 laps.. I'm not really sure, I want to see the 10 lap avg.

Back
Top Bottom