Austin Dillon's #3 Cup ride in 2014?

I thought Dillon was just a privileged member of a racing family with better than average equipment. His run at Eldora and seeing him being competative in Nationwide changed my opinion. He should get a different hat; those pictured in hats in this thread have a certain look that the kid doesn't have.

I don't think Richard could handle a totally black car, either.
I was ok with Ty's black 3 truck, saying to myself looks good out there, running well, like a black 3 chevy should be doing. When it got spun, my mind shot back to Sr for a second, you hardly ever saw the black 3 get spun, it did the spinning. I don't know too close to the memory I guess. Probably didn't bother younger fans who never saw Sr. race very much.

those freaking notch back monte carlos are the best looking race cars ever I think, anyone else thing that?? back to the whole why not retire the 2, 96, 15, and all that crap. seriously everyone recognizes that earnhardt really got famous driving the 3 car. the 3 is his number. say what you want but the 3 is it. so when a pickup has a 3 on a the back of it stylized like dales number, is he a ricky rudd fan?!?!? of course not. I guess we will just have to disagree but that is my opinion

I thought Dillon was just a privileged member of a racing family with better than average equipment. His run at Eldora and seeing him being competative in Nationwide changed my opinion. He should get a different hat; those pictured in hats in this thread have a certain look that the kid doesn't have.
Hopefully Cheerios will require him to wear a baseball cap with the Cheerios logo on it at all times when he's out of the car.

I wonder how long it'll take next year before some disgruntled Cup driver says Dillon is trying to be Dale Earnhardt because of something he does on the track.

Didn't Hamlin say something like that this year after a NW race?

I wonder how long it'll take next year before some disgruntled Cup driver says Dillon is trying to be Dale Earnhardt because of something he does on the track.

Didn't Hamlin say something like that this year after a NW race?
Hamlin bullied him around at the fall Texas NNS race last year, but that's just Denny being Denny.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...ONLY A FOOL THINKS OTHERWISE........NASCRAP IS LICKING THEIR CHOPS TOO...100'S OF MILLIONS TO BE SPRED AROUND LIKE MONOPOLY MONEY...

time to let it go. DALE is gone.imo I think he did more for nascar then the king. DALE and espn made nascar what it is today. He put fans in the stands. I have no problem with the 3 on the side of a RCR car.

The more I think about it, the more I don't mind seeing the number 3 car return. That said, I don't like how the style will be exactly the same as Earnhardt's style. You won't be able to tell whether a 3 fan is a Dillon fan or was an Earnhardt fan. I think Dillon and Childress are using that style 3 for attention.

The more I think about it, the more I don't mind seeing the number 3 car return. That said, I don't like how the style will be exactly the same as Earnhardt's style. You won't be able to tell whether a 3 fan is a Dillon fan or was an Earnhardt fan. I think Dillon and Childress are using that style 3 for attention.
Yep a black 3 car is too much too soon in my case. a lot of drivers, Stewart for one, really like to race black cars but most sponsors don't like the color because they want the sponsors colors on there. Sr. was one of the first to run an all black GM Goodwrench car, so the color black is associated with the three. Ty ran the black 3 truck and even though it was a truck, it seemed a bit much from my standpoint.

austin's formal cup announcement yet ta come.
sponsor too. figure both at same time. ?

prototype car wrap is cheap today.....w/ tha millions involved.

If he has general foods as a sponsor..Cheerios, there is big money behind that brand. Off topic, but last night I had to watch an episode of "hows it made" they were making M&M's. Learned the plant was in Jersey, and got to see the machine that put the little "m" on them. I would get fat working there.

Retire the #3. I know policy is not to retire numbers because they don't want to get into triple digit numbers and that makes sense. On the other hand Bill France Jr. and Dale Earnhardt brought this sport to a whole new level and that 3 was made famous by Earnhardt. It needs to be respected. 100 Years from now some youngsters might ask their dad why nobody runs the 3 and I would like to think the dads would tell a great story about the great Dale Earnhardt.
Once that number is used again for several years and say Childress passes on and the team gets sold, if the rules stay the same, once it isn't used for a year anybody can apply for it.
I know it's just a number, but it's just my opinion.

soi......me point was.....if ya gonna "pitch" cheerios fer $18 mill sponsorship....
.......havin actual car wrapped......vs computer model..... at power pt. presentation is bigger bang fer buck.

I can see it now. When Austin Dillion is a Cup regular, the cowboy hat is what we'll argue about most about him.
what happens if he sticks his sponsor's name on the front? the fan outcry will have the sponsor pulling out. I think Kyle needs a hat that looks like a big M&M, Logano needs an oil can hat and Kez needs two miller light cans with a straw.

Real?

BVlCBK1CAAIq1bb.jpg:large

I'm so ready to see that # 3 back on the track and to be completely honest I'm glad that an Earnhardt is not going to drive the car. I never liked Sr because of the things I myself saw him do. The number was not just Dale's number as said in an earlier post 81 different drivers have had that number. Get over it people. At least Austin will talk to people and have a personality.

Get over it people --- a number is a number is a number --- and the 3 is just a number. It didn't belong to Dale, it belongs to RC --
Yes, it has connotations, but this Earnhardt fan wants to see the number back on the track.
Yep.

As a lifelong Dale Sr fan i'm happy to see the number come back, & I think Austin's earned the right to run it. If the Vegas race comes before I have another opportunity to go back home to the southeast, i'll be at the collectibles hauler to buy a diecast for sure.

The 3 belongs to NASCAR . Not RCR. If you thought KyBu got booed at every track, wait till Woody from Toy Story shows up in that 3 car.

The 3 belongs to NASCAR . Not RCR. If you thought KyBu got booed at every track, wait till Woody from Toy Story shows up in that 3 car.
you're wrong dude,it's a RCR car he will be a god. all six of the 3 championship came in a RCR car.

I'm so ready to see that # 3 back on the track and to be completely honest I'm glad that an Earnhardt is not going to drive the car. I never liked Sr because of the things I myself saw him do. The number was not just Dale's number as said in an earlier post 81 different drivers have had that number. Get over it people. At least Austin will talk to people and have a personality.

Wow ..,great post worm06 . Welcome to the forum . Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Look at this thread, man. Four ornery people (myself included) don't want to see the #3 out there, everybody else is bonkers happy over it. Dillion will get cheered and people will break out their ole #3 flags and will be generally happy. It's a train I can't stop so I'm living with it until it doesn't bother me anymore.

Back
Top Bottom