BEST STORY OF DAYTONA 2024

Revman

Denny beat your favorite driver....again!
Offseason boredom has set in.....So, I had a question.....What would you consider to be the best story of Daytona in 2024? Could be a surprise winner, a repeat winner....maybe even a driver with a great run.....What would be the best story?

Denny Hamlin doesn't finish the race because of a blown engine on lap 1, that would be FANTASTIC!!!
You've got nothing about your boy (or shall we say The Felon's boy)? Ross can't hold Denny's cup at that place. Living in your head.

You've got nothing about your boy (or shall we say The Felon's boy)? Ross can't hold Denny's cup at that place. Living in your head.

Nice try, cast again. I answered your request of the thread, plus I hope it happens that way.

Hamlin would have to climb upon his mothers shoulders just to able to kiss Ross ass.

1. A Daytona speedweeks with no racing related injuries.
2. A caution free Daytona 500 that is decided by a late race great driving move.
3. A gerbil free month of commentary.

While I am dreaming....

4. The State border should offically be renamed as the Georgia Florida line simply because the Florida Georgia Line Duo and sorry ass abomination that has ruined the original phrase. So many sufferred and at a minimum they should be publicly shamed as well as being forced to listen to most awful noise pollution at a high volume for the rest of their lives, and then hooked up to life support just to be forced to listen to it an higher volume for at least five more years. The NBC Geribals and Dave Moody should be punished in like manner as well.

Finally may God truly and richly bless all readers. Good will to all.

NASCAR would love the story of Chase Elliott bouncing back from his winless season with a Daytona 500 victory.

Blaney has come so close to getting it done before that him opening his championship defense season with a 500 would be very cool.

RFK getting it done would solidify that they're back in form to win huge races again. They'll have a extra car with David Reagan. If Brad can stay out of trouble he could easily be a threat to win it and score his first win as owner-driver, which would put him in a very exclusive club.

Nice try, cast again. I answered your request of the thread, plus I hope it happens that way.

Hamlin would have to climb upon his mothers shoulders just to able to kiss Ross ass.
Ross has a long hanging ass with…what 3 career wins to Denny’s 50? Gotta admire your loyalty….kinda.

Denny is a straight up asshoe, plain and simple.

Hamlin been in it a lot longer than Ross. We will see in the end of careers who has the most wins, time will tell.

BTW, what the hell does a "Long Hanging Ass" even mean. LOL.

Ross has a long hanging ass with…what 3 career wins to Denny’s 50? Gotta admire your loyalty….kinda.
I have not given any thought to Chastain's ass, and I wouldn't know what kind of pet name or terms if endearments to use.

An announcement that the Garage56 car will be used as a loose model for entry to the IMSA GT3 class for 2025

Hamlin been in it a lot longer than Ross. We will see in the end of careers who has the most wins, time will tell.
He lives in Ross's head so that makes him an a**hole? Okay. Works for me. Ross won't sniff 50. He isn't that good. I do like him though....until he kissed the ring. Maybe The Felon will give him the 48 after he gives up on Cutie Pie.

An announcement that the Garage56 car will be used as a loose model for entry to the IMSA GT3 class for 2025
Garage 56 in a production based class.....when the Camaro isn't in production. Stretching it.....

BTW, what the hell does a "Long Hanging Ass" even mean. LOL.

They’re all hundred thousand aires, they’re all tools (for the most part) sometimes besides like Carl Long Motorsports and Timmy Hill, JMO.

Garage 56 in a production based class.....when the Camaro isn't in production. Stretching it.....
That's why I said loose model. I'd more expect them to pull it off as a Malibu or possibly a Cadillac model.

I'd be even more enthused if they made it a standalone class for NASCAR spec, to allow the brands to cross directly over with minimal extra R&D.

The 9 or the 48 winning. Would be a much needed positive for either team after a pretty disappointing 2023.

I wouldn't mind Keselowski winning it either.

I wouldn’t mind Chase winning it, I think if he won an early season race it would ensure the pressure is off a bit and I could see them going on a bit of a tear. A

An interesting story could very well be involving MY Toyotas as they could potentially field as many as 10 cars.....but at least 8 compared to last year's 6. The new car plus an increased car count will change OUR presence and how WE race at the super speedways. I am looking forward to that.

An interesting story could very well be involving MY Toyotas as they could potentially field as many as 10 cars.....but at least 8 compared to last year's 6. The new car plus an increased car count will change OUR presence and how WE race at the super speedways. I am looking forward to that.
All that is is more of them in the way.

I wouldn't mind seeing Larson paying back his "friend" Denny Hambone for what he did at Pocono. Just a little rub of Hamlin into the wall, Hamlin doesn't need a front fender.
Is he ever going to do anything about all of that? ...or maybe he is afraid that if he starts that, his team mate will pay him back for a time or two he drove like a dick.

I think @2 Sweet is on to something with Kez.....wondering if RFK comes out of the gate swinging.....I think they just might.

I think @2 Sweet is on to something with Kez.....wondering if RFK comes out of the gate swinging.....I think they just might.

I have to give Brad a lot of credit. Leaving a really good ride at Penske to buy into a mediocre Roush Fenway team was bold, and clearly he has that team going in the right direction.

I have to give Brad a lot of credit. Leaving a really good ride at Penske to buy into a mediocre Roush Fenway team was bold, and clearly he has that team going in the right direction.
He is a really smart guy....and I think that Buescher's run was kind of overlooked because he isn't a flashy dude.

I wouldn't mind seeing Larson paying back his "friend" Denny Hambone for what he did at Pocono. Just a little rub of Hamlin into the wall, Hamlin doesn't need a front fender.
Please, not at a plate race. If Larson hasn't taken advantage of the short track races since Pocono, I hope he can wait for a track where the field isn't bunched up.

First choice, a 500 victory by Rick Ware Racing...hopefully to silence all the grief they have taken over the years questioning their dedication to the sport.
2nd choice is a win by Kez...as previously mentioned.

Please, not at a plate race. If Larson hasn't taken advantage of the short track races since Pocono, I hope he can wait for a track where the field isn't bunched up.
Payback at plate tracks is a no-no. Tony Stewart on Matt Kenseth in 2006, and Dale Jr on Brian Vickers in 2009 are the only ones I can remember

Works just fine for me. Larson is leading the race on the last lap and Hambone tries to pass on the outside coming to the stripe. Sorry "friend".

Another storyline would be Denny winning his fourth. This would tie him with Cale Yarborough for the second-most Daytona 500 victories (with The King well ahead at 7 all-time).

That would certainly pad his stats for the "best driver who never won a championship" discussion, if he indeed never wins one.

Works just fine for me. Larson is leading the race on the last lap and Hambone tries to pass on the outside coming to the stripe. Sorry "friend".
Larson wouldn't be leading Denny on a super speedway. Silliness. Larson is hard up for friends...the sport's Most Popular Driver doesn't even like him. Denny is the best he can get.

Back
Top Bottom