Bonehead of the Race - Martinsville 2

Well then you don't know anything about racing.....
I was at a 100 lap SLM race a couple months ago. Guy led 99.25 laps...finished 3rd. 2nd moved him coming off two. I hate that ****. Just never seems fair to me. Cheap ****. Leaning on someone you are beside (8 wheels corner better than 4)? No problem. But stay off rear bumper.

If Denny Hamlin drove a black car, had a mustache and wore goofy looking goggles, fans would be worshipping him right now.
Incorrect.

Dale fans walked out of Bristol after he blatantly took Terry out. Most #3 fans will tell you to this day that is the one time they boo’d him.

Theres checkers or wreckers, then theres simply wreckers.

If Denny Hamlin drove a black car, had a mustache and wore goofy looking goggles, fans would be worshipping him right now.

Not even close. That’s low hanging fruit. Just because somebody dumps somebody going for the win doesn’t make them an Earnhardt impersonator. Nor did everyone “worship” Dale simply because he wrecked people.

I also venture to guess that Dale was more respected in the garage than Denny is, or will ever be.

Chase Elliott for his little fit. I don't think the move Hamlin put on him was dirty. Not as dirty as what Chase did to Keselowski at least.
A lot of folks wanted him to thow a bigger "fit" there and hit Hamlin.... can't please everybody I suppose

Lol you watched same race I did. Chase started the post race stuff and then pulls the Momma told me card like he didn't want anything to do with Hamlin.

Lookit here, I could be wrong, I am lots of time but I ain't the only one who disagrees with your ridiculous comment.

I'll let that speak for itself.

Lookit here, I could be wrong, I am lots of time but I ain't the only one who disagrees with your ridiculous comment.

I'll let that speak for itself.

Disagree all you want it doesn't bother me. Doesn't change the fact that Chase got his feelings hurt and made a scene. Now it's good for NASCAR and Chase from a publicity stand point but had that been Danica or Kyle Busch everyone would be saying the same thing I did.

Well then you don't know anything about racing.....

I don't claim to be an expert just a fan. I agree with Hamlin, it looked to me that Chase just spun out after the bump but it was winning time so any thing goes. I had nothing against either move and thought both was just racing.

I don't claim to be an expert just a fan. I agree with Hamlin, it looked to me that Chase just spun out after the bump but it was winning time so any thing goes. I had nothing against either move and thought both was just racing.
Damn, that's twice in one weekend. I gotta up my meds.

For two-thirds of the race, I was going to go with Ty Dillon and/or Trevor Bayne. They seemed to have issues staying out of the way. Then, Denny pulled the mother of all stunts, and has now cemented my hate for him. :growl: Friggin' bonehead.

Sure, did you not see him drive Denny into the wall. I'm sure NASCAR sat them both down in the trailer too for their actions. Ding, ding, ding...WWF crap

That's letting a guy know he done ****** up. That's all.

And he had it coming. That's hardly a fit.

A fit is constituted as whining and crying. I didn't see any of that.

Lol had Danica or Kyle Busch done that itd be a different story though.

Sure, anything you say. Look I understand why Chase did what he did. It doesn't mean I condone what he did. Ramming a 3500 lb object into another object just isn't the best idea. Also, NASCAR looks bad when drivers start doing what Chase did. It reinforces stereotypes about the sport being "redneck". Which is a nice way of saying noninclusive.

Lol had Danica or Kyle Busch done that itd be a different story though.

You keep bringing them up like people care or like that's some sort of twisted excuse.

Hamlin took full blame for it now so I supposed you know more than the driver now.

Chase Elliott for his little fit. I don't think the move Hamlin put on him was dirty. Not as dirty as what Chase did to Keselowski at least.

In the good old days drivers used to be able to move a car out out of the way without wrecking it but they also knew how and when to bump draft too. IDK what has changed but I can't blame Elliott for being upset about being nerfed.

You keep bringing them up like people care or like that's some sort of twisted excuse.

Hamlin took full blame for it now so I supposed you know more than the driver now.

I don't care what Hamlin said and it doesn't make me wrong. Hamlin can you take the blame for the wreck, Chase still threw a fit about it.

Thought they were both just racing but I think Chase's move was dirtier.
Chase's tire was damn-near cut down, and he was still duking it out with the fastest cars on track. When he moved Brad up, he was doing what he had to do. Denny evidently just thought "Hell, I will just join the fun here, hahaha." Chase's move after the race was fitting retaliation.

I'm really not sure some of you have any idea about racing. On a short track, the 8 wheels are better than 4 move them up in the turn, or even the tap to the bumper in the turn, are acceptable. But what Hamlin did is bush league and everybody knows it. You can't jack a guys wheels off the ground entering the turn. Yea, he wrecked him. And meant to. Think Hamlin may be getting a bit desperate for the big trophy. Matts departure proves that it doesn't take much in this day and time for an owner to go with the younger guy. Denny doesn't want to appear stale and be next.

Chase's tire was damn-near cut down, and he was still duking it out with the fastest cars on track. When he moved Brad up, he was doing what he had to do. Denny evidently just thought "Hell, I will just join the fun here, hahaha." Chase's move after the race was fitting retaliation.

I don't disagree and I was happy to see Chase move Kes. I believe the pressure was getting to Chase and he started to overdrive a bit, which coupled with Hamlin bumping him resulted in the spin. Have no problem with what Chase did post race either but how he backed off so quickly and the Momma comment was funny.

Back
Top Bottom