Bonehead of the race?

I would like to have seen Kosheslouski get his backside kick by Danica after the race but nothing more serious than that.

Maybe not, but you shouldn't celebrate a driver getting injured. That's crazy.

The fact that you don't get that says a lot about you.

Yes I am an a**hole. Sorry I do sometimes feel gratitude when something bad happens to someone who I feel deserves it. I don't wish the bad stuff onto people, but I am a HUGE fan of karma.

I'd like to know what the deal was, did the car just go away or did he decide to save it for Daytona in July, surely he had one of the fastest cars all day and should ve at least finished in the top 10...

He was making his move to the front when McDowell jumped out in front of him and killed his momentum. He said he couldn't push McDowell.

Maybe. Do people cheering when a athlete does something stupid and gets banned? If Kesolowski wants to continue to be a hypocritical a**hole and race like one, then maybe it will jump back and bite him. If that happens I will have no sympathy for him.
The difference between an athlete being banned from a sport is they are not putting other people's lives in danger, or usually their own. Do you hate Kyle Busch for his truck series actions towards Hornaday? Or Gordon's actions towards Bowyer? Really all just dumb moves that were not well thought out. Even getting kicked out of a game is the equivalent of having a black flag penalty in this sport. But cheering for another player or driver when they are injured is asanine. I'll give you an example. I was at my college's football game a few years ago when one of our star players received a near career ending injury. Both teams came out on the field to circle and pray around him. Every single fan in the stands, no matter their jersey color, were holding each other around the shoulders and chanting his name. Thankfully, he is a-ok now, but it is that type of camaraderie and respect for the players that makes sports just that much more awesome.

If you were at that game and decided to cheer because he was hurt I can promise you that you would have been seen getting your ass whooped by hundreds of fans on national TV.

All I wanted was for Danica to lay down an Ambrose upon Kosheslouski, he would have deserved it.

2nd today for me gos to Dale Jr for sandbagging at the end of the race. I'd like to know what the deal was, did the car just go away or did he decide to save it for Daytona in July, surely he had one of the fastest cars all day and should ve at least finished in the top 10...

TRL answered that in the Race thread.

Dale Junior's explanation ---

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...r-aarons-499-talladega-superspeedway/8701261/

TALLADEGA, Ala. — Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s track position was gone and there was a thick pack of cars in front of him spread three-wide across Talladega Superspeedway during Sunday's Aaron's 499.

He looked at the situation, figured all those cars would crash soon enough and decided it wasn't worth it to be part of the mess.

"You know they're going to crash and I can't afford to wreck anymore here," said Earnhardt, who sustained a concussion in a multi-car crash at Talladega in October 2012. "You've just got to pick your battles, and I felt like we were better off not getting in a wreck and trying to stay back there."

I kinda wish he had said nothing. (thats Clutch speaking)

"You know they're going to crash and I can't afford to wreck anymore here," said Earnhardt, who sustained a concussion in a multi-car crash at Talladega in October 2012.
But diving through the grass and slamming the wall full speed at TMS is a-ok :p

Junior, you're getting old. Face facts.

Or his teammate is rubbing off on him & he doesn't care no more :eek:

He was making his move to the front when McDowell jumped out in front of him and killed his momentum. He said he couldn't push McDowell.
That GWC didn't help him none either. But he's already in the chase so the "talledega game changer" doesn't count for bad points days

The difference between an athlete being banned from a sport is they are not putting other people's lives in danger, or usually their own. Do you hate Kyle Busch for his truck series actions towards Hornaday? Or Gordon's actions towards Bowyer? Really all just dumb moves that were not well thought out. Even getting kicked out of a game is the equivalent of having a black flag penalty in this sport. But cheering for another player or driver when they are injured is asanine. I'll give you an example. I was at my college's football game a few years ago when one of our star players received a near career ending injury. Both teams came out on the field to circle and pray around him. Every single fan in the stands, no matter their jersey color, were holding each other around the shoulders and chanting his name. Thankfully, he is a-ok now, but it is that type of camaraderie and respect for the players that makes sports just that much more awesome.

If you were at that game and decided to cheer because he was hurt I can promise you that you would have been seen getting your ass whooped by hundreds of fans on national TV.

ChexOrWrex that was such a heart warming story. It touched me it really did. I am a changed man. HALLELUJAH I have seen the light!

My bonehead of the race award goes to all the members of Racing-Forums who are pitching a fit in this thread.
If Brad is the BHOTR, then JJ is too, the same thing happened to both of them. Just racing.

My bonehead of the race award goes to all the members of Racing-Forums who are pitching a fit in this thread.
If Brad is the BHOTR, then JJ is too, the same thing happened to both of them. Just racing.
JJ wasn't 6 laps down looking to "get a lap back" with 50 to go making big headed moves and dirtying up the air and disturbing the flow of the race around the leaders which eventually caused him to spin. JJ actually had a chance to score a W

JJ wasn't 6 laps down looking to "get a lap back" with 50 to go making big headed moves and dirtying up the air and disturbing the flow of the race around the leaders which eventually caused him to spin. JJ actually had a chance to score a W
What did you want him to do park it? Kes got the air sucked off his spoiler just like JJ did. I don't think either of them did anything wrong.

What did you want him to do park it? Kes got the air sucked off his spoiler just like JJ did. I don't think either of them did anything wrong.

Kesolowski was racing hard and aggressive. Throwing blocks when lead lap cars were getting runs on him. He was the only car any laps down. He could have stayed in the back and if a caution came out he would have gotten one of his 6 laps back. There was no need for him to be at the front blocking like he was the leader.

Did you not hear Danica say she was trying to squeeze in between the 2 and 24 when her and Brad made contact?
She was moving up to do that as Brad was coming down. Is that really only Brad's fault?

Brad for being 6 laps down trying to show the world how relevant he is, and starting the big one in the process.

Lets not let facts get in the way. DW made excuses for Danica. When Larry Mac pointed out that Danica moved up and hit the 2, DW persisted. When the video clearly showed she caused the wreck, DW says "Who knows what happened". lol Typical DW.

But I do like that some of the drivers are started to speak their minds, like Gordon and Matt. All the nicey-nice stuff is boring.

Lets not let facts get in the way. DW made excuses for Danica. When Larry Mac pointed out that Danica moved up and hit the 2, DW persisted. When the video clearly showed she caused the wreck, DW says "Who knows what happened". lol Typical DW.

But I do like that some of the drivers are started to speak their minds, like Gordon and Matt. All the nicey-nice stuff is boring.

There is the apologist.

Kesolowski was racing hard and aggressive. Throwing blocks when lead lap cars were getting runs on him. He was the only car any laps down. He could have stayed in the back and if a caution came out he would have gotten one of his 6 laps back. There was no need for him to be at the front blocking like he was the leader.

Blocks? What are you talking about? He had just taken the lead when Danica changed lanes and wrecked him. Danica was being to aggressive. He couldn't get laps back because Jamie Mac was the lucky dog, which is why Brad was trying to get to the front. He had a fast car, so why stop racing?

Blocks? What are you talking about? He had just taken the lead when Danica changed lanes and wrecked him. Danica was being to aggressive. He couldn't get laps back because Jamie Mac was the lucky dog, which is why Brad was trying to get to the front. He had a fast car, so why stop racing?

To be honest I heard the radio broadcast and did not watch the TV. I heard several times they mentioned Brad blocking a lane that was coming on strong. I kept thinking to myself at the time why was he blocking some many laps down. Then about 5 laps later he wrecked the field.

According to MRN McMurray had gotten his lap back the caution before.

Now there is some fisherman called FB

To be honest I heard the radio broadcast and did not watch the TV. I heard several times they mentioned Brad blocking a lane that was coming on strong. I kept thinking to myself at the time why was he blocking some many laps down. Then about 5 laps later he wrecked the field.

o_O Not sure how he blocked lanes running behind the leader. He was behind Danica and moved out to make the pass. Danica tried to come up and block Jeff and turned Brad. She isn't the first to misjudge that move, but her comment that she was looking in the rear mirror when she made that move was puzzling.

The same McMurray who finished the race 1 lap down?

lol Yes, which shows exactly why Brad was racing hard to be the lucky dog. Did you not see all the yellow flags that got Jamie back to 1 down?

Oh yeah, you didn't even watch, so let me fill you in. After Danica turned the 2, he came back 7 laps down, and Jamie came back out 6 laps down.

You should be able to figure out the rest from there.

Instead of finishing the race between 3 and 6 laps down, Brad DNF'd. Good thing he's already in the chase :rolleyes: So happy he decided to take huge risks because he has nothing to lose

Apparently you are talking about the first incident. What that has to do with wrecking the field 6 laps down I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom