Bonehead of the race?

Instead of finishing the race between 3 and 6 laps down, Brad DNF'd. Good thing he's already in the chase :rolleyes: So happy he decided to take huge risks because he has nothing to lose

I agree he was racing too hard for the longshot finish, but he didn't do anything to cause the second wreck. If you think he did, you surely feel JJ did the same. They both spun in the same place for seemingly no reason.

I agree he was racing too hard for the longshot finish, but he didn't do anything to cause the second wreck. If you think he did, you surely feel JJ did the same. They both spun in the same place for seemingly no reason.
You're right. Brad had nothing to do with the second wreck except for being there in the first place racing like an idiot.
Everyone knows JJ prefers to keep his car extremely loose & he just lost it. Nobody is denying he didn't cause the 3rd wreck. It's obvious he did. & the wreck coming to the white.

JJ was fine where he was. Brad shouldn't have been up there imo.

o_O Not sure how he blocked lanes running behind the leader. He was behind Danica and moved out to make the pass. Danica tried to come up and block Jeff and turned Brad. She isn't the first to misjudge that move, but her comment that she was looking in the rear mirror when she made that move was puzzling.

This is the post that threw me off. Sorry. When I was talking about blocking it was when he was up front racing aggressively while 6 laps down.

This is the post that threw me off. Sorry. When I was talking about blocking it was when he was up front racing aggressively while 6 laps down.

lol Again, he wasn't up front 6 laps down, and he wasn't blocking anyone. Please watch the race before telling us what happened.

lol Again, he wasn't up front 6 laps down, and he wasn't blocking anyone. Please watch the race before telling us what happened.

MRN didn't say he was blocking at the time of incident. Before the incident even happened they commenting how he was up front driving aggressively and moving in and out of different moving lanes. They used the phrase as the top line was moving forward that "Kesolowski jumped up and blocked the top lane as it was coming up". Obviously he was just trying to get moving in the fasted lane, but at the time I was listening to it I was thinking he shouldn't be racing like that 6 laps down. Other drivers even commented on how aggressive he was racing at the time. Just a bit hypocritical when a week prior he was bitching about Kenseth's aggressive driving when he was trying to hold onto the lead. I mean if Kenseth can't drive like that to protect his lead in Kesolowski's mind then what gives him the right to drive aggressively when 6 laps down?

MRN didn't say he was blocking at the time of incident.

whew, I thought we'd never get that settled, because he wasn't.

As far as the other drivers criticizing him, he earned it by running his mouth at Bristol and Richmond.

I'll just add this. Brad has won cup races at Talladega twice, and he had a very fast car today. I can't blame him for racing hard. His 'blocks' weren't anything more than every other driver does at plate tracks.

The flip side of 'he was racing too hard 6 laps down" is why not just let him go by? He's 6 laps down. Week after week we see guys race hard for the lucky dog. Why is this any different?

I hated Brad's stunt today. "I wanted to get my laps back" like a child not being able to get what he wants.

Guess what, you shouldn't have wrecked 20 laps in then.

But wishing/cheering injury is a whole new low that I'll never touch.

You can't see the difference? One was 6 laps down and completely out of the race. One was on the lead lap hoping to get a win.

I say the bonehead of the race was Carl Edwards for moving off the wall in to the middle when he knew he had a flat.
the smart thing to do was to hold the high line and let cars go by.

No, I can't. Why those 2 cars spun is a mystery.

It doesn't matter why the cars spun. It's a crap deal whenever a car spins and takes out a lot of good cars.

But people can move on from it when it is someone they were racing against for the win. However, when it was someone who had no chance. Who was out of the race almost immediately. That pisses people off. The proof is in the pudding. There are drivers talking to the media about Brad wrecking the field, but no one is talking about JJ wrecking people. Because there is a huge difference.

I hated Brad's stunt today. "I wanted to get my laps back" like a child not being able to get what he wants.

Guess what, you shouldn't have wrecked 20 laps in then.

But wishing/cheering injury is a whole new low that I'll never touch.

Who is wishing injury on someone? They should be banned!

He had no place being in that position as far back as he was.. 6 laps? Ridic. I think that's why everyone's calling him a bonehead..

The first wreck was a combination of DP being DP and going up the track and Brad being Brad, trying to win the race on lap 15.

One can only hope

I think I need this after that one!

1304951900bu077.jpg

Am I right, or am I right? I bet I am right.

I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned Ryan Newman. After all, he is the guy that ran right into the back of Bowman which caused the race to end under caution and gave the win to Hamlin, and screwed all of us out of a green flag finish.

I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned Ryan Newman. After all, he is the guy that ran right into the back of Bowman which caused the race to end under caution and gave the win to Hamlin, and screwed all of us out of a green flag finish.
Pssssh NASCAR wouldn't have thrown the caution for cars spinning on the final lap. They threw it for a giant hunk of debris, from the spin no doubt, that could have potentially gone into the stands and injured fans. Did Ryan dump him on purpose??

Pssssh NASCAR wouldn't have thrown the caution for cars spinning on the final lap. They threw it for a giant hunk of debris, from the spin no doubt, that could have potentially gone into the stands and injured fans. Did Ryan dump him on purpose??
I have no idea if he did it on purpose, and I wasn't insinuating they threw a caution for cars spinning. But, because Newman ran into the back of Bowman which caused Cole and Allgaier to get into each other which caused Allgaier to slide into the grass and rip a pretty large piece of hard plastic off of his car that landed right before the finish line, is what caused the caution to come out. Nascar did the right thing.

Last edited:
A couple of things happened which is a result of a couple of other things not happening.

#10 was moving up to get in behind #2, while #2 was trying to drop in front of #10.

DP probably should've expected BK to drop to the bottom, while he needed to make sure that he was well clear before attempting to assume that low line.

What Keselowski was doing while 6 laps down is, well..."mind boggling."

At least he a good chuckle out of it when he couldn't play the victim by finding someone else to blame.

Not sure why Brad would be tagged for blocking . All through the race , on every lap , cars jumped in front of the lane that was moving . That's not blocking , in my mind . Even if he was laps down , than he was still just racing .

whew, I thought we'd never get that settled, because he wasn't.

As far as the other drivers criticizing him, he earned it by running his mouth at Bristol and Richmond.

I'll just add this. Brad has won cup races at Talladega twice, and he had a very fast car today. I can't blame him for racing hard. His 'blocks' weren't anything more than every other driver does at plate tracks.

The flip side of 'he was racing too hard 6 laps down" is why not just let him go by? He's 6 laps down. Week after week we see guys race hard for the lucky dog. Why is this any different?

So when the other drivers say he was out there driving like a "*******", that's ok, but you disagree with the posters here saying the same thing?

K-----ski was driving with a screw loose and it cost plenty to many. Very poor judgement and lack of professionalism on his part, there is no excuse for driving like an ignoramus.

This one is easy. Brad K for both of his mistakes. A driver 6 laps down in the last 1/3 of the race doesn't need to be up there with the leaders trying to get a lap back.

If I heard correctly they said he predicted there would be a big one with around 10 laps to go so he was hanging back to avoid it. Many drivers have done the same thing. After that mini big one he couldn't find a way around a 3 wide pack. I seriously doubt he was sand bagging.

So when the other drivers say he was out there driving like a "*******", that's ok, but you disagree with the posters here saying the same thing?

I didn't say I agreed with what the other drivers said, just that Brad had some harsh comments coming. Matt's comments were clearly meant to 'get even' with Brad. He even used the same terminology Brad used after Phoenix.

If anyone in the forum got a ranting call from Brad, they get a pass too. :D

I haven't been a Brad supporter for about a year. I just call them like I see them. DW, with his fanboy analysis of what he thinks happened, gets this stuff started al the time. He even said Brad was racing hard for the lucky Dog because there are so many yellows in these races, then took a swipe at him after JJ experienced the same spin. The man makes little sense, but people run around quoting him as if it were reality.

Back
Top Bottom