Bonehead Of The Race

48-driver-bio_190111_085551.png

Jimmie missjudged it. Bonehead of the race goes to all the drivers for playing it safe on a exhibition race instead of putting on a show for the fans.

Is Jimmie really the bonehead? I don't see it as a boneheaded move. Jimmie came down tried to side-draft and got sucked up into Menard.

I've watched the replay so many times. Paul said he kept the wheel straight, so I'm not sure you can say it was a boneheaded move. At the same time, Jimmie's track record at plate tracks are not the greatest. He's caused some carnage in the past. Just one of those bad deals IMHO. Wild ****, but I'm certain the 500 will be just as insane. The race wasn't the greatest, but I was unable to watch it all.

7 time speaks I do believe that black hat has changed him

JJ's driving error was bad enough, but these lame-assed rationalizations are an embarrassment to Ol 7 Time.

Thank you DW for keeping it real when Jeff Gordon tried to share the blame between Johnson and Menard. DW was right... Jimmie misjudged the space and drive into the 21. That was Boneheaded, but the excuses in the Gluck tweets were unconscionable.

Is Jimmie really the bonehead? I don't see it as a boneheaded move. Jimmie came down tried to side-draft and got sucked up into Menard.

I've watched the replay so many times. Paul said he kept the wheel straight, so I'm not sure you can say it was a boneheaded move. At the same time, Jimmie's track record at plate tracks are not the greatest. He's caused some carnage in the past. Just one of those bad deals IMHO. Wild sh!t, but I'm certain the 500 will be just as insane. The race wasn't the greatest, but I was unable to watch it all.

Yeah, I think he got sucked up because his “move” was barely the width of a car - I agree he didn’t drive into him but when you only give inches, you invite that aero action. I think Jimmie pretty much admitted he didn’t leave a safe margin between the cars (an ‘aggressive side-draft’). Pretty much exactly what it looked like to me.

Maybe not bonehead - that’s maybe a little harsh except his very small error wrecked the strongest car (the leader) and most of the field, so it’s kind of hard to not agree with calling it that.

Not me! I recorded this mafk

Jimmie’s car lurches into Menard’s car

but some attempt to spread blame by searching for any hint of Menard creeping over

and find nothing,

yet still blather on...

Dale E. would have been proud of that side draft, JJ got the results he wanted, "The Win"
and without bulldozing his competitor. :D

Have to give it to JJ. He creeped up and hit the 21. Paul took some blame initially because that is what he was told. Spotter said we zigged when he zagged and that’s all he had to go on. When he saw the video from behind, was pretty obvious the 48 moved right WAY more than the 21 moved left.

His comparison to a last lap pass explanation is understandable but doesn’t justify moving someone at Daytona so was it intentional or a mistake?

He did what he did to get done what he wanted done.
Looks like JJ is back in the game without his leash. :D

Anybody who watched and expects to see anything different about the racing next Sunday.

My bonehead goes to anyone that watched the race. The 500 could actually could be worse as at least with the clash it is condensed so you don’t lose an entire afternoon.

Jimmie is a self-declared aggressive driver — and he will get raced accordingly.

He won a meaningless race, and that wreck was no accident — so his run for The Ocho may be a good racing storyline that helps NASCAR this season, especially if the racing is lackluster.

pretty much. any deviance from a straight line with super speedway cars and all of the aero mumbo jumbo quits working. Almost 200 mph looks easy until.

Back
Top Bottom