Bonehead of the Week: Daytona 500

But Montoya blatently ignored the BAD VIBRATION he had in his car in every gear and decided to haul ass around the track?Kinda boneheaded.
Yeah right . He didn;t ignore it for long ,he was on the radio complaining about to when he crashed .Must have been all of 1/2 a second . You must have missed all those drivers complaining about a vibration every damn race .Didn't see any of them slowing to 30mph. In fact I saw Kyle Busch win a race with a damaged race car , what, last week ?

Mods, please delete the childish crap posted/quoted on this page.

I can hardly believe what I'm reading...people are upset that Greg Biffle didn't win a race? Since when does that bother anyone? BS...it's more about him NOT giving the #88 a chance to win instead of him helping a teammate to win.

Plain and simple.

I'd say he's more of a bonehead for the move he pulled in the duel and lost the race.

mike honcho said:
But Montoya blatently ignored the BAD VIBRATION he had in his car in every gear and decided to haul ass around the track?Kinda boneheaded.

Yeah right . He didn;t ignore it for long ,he was on the radio complaining about to when he crashed .Must have been all of 1/2 a second . You must have missed all those drivers complaining about a vibration every damn race .Didn't see any of them slowing to 30mph. In fact I saw Kyle Busch win a race with a damaged race car , what, last week ?

Agreed Ted, As much as I dislike Montoya, He was coming off pit road talking to hes crew about the vibration, and then it broke

Mods, please delete the childish crap posted/quoted on this page.

I can hardly believe what I'm reading...people are upset that Greg Biffle didn't win a race? Since when does that bother anyone? BS...it's more about him NOT giving the #88 a chance to win instead of him helping a teammate to win.

Plain and simple.

I'd say he's more of a bonehead for the move he pulled in the duel and lost the race.

Wrong. I didn't want Jr to win. I just wanted to see a good race. Biffle never even tried and it ruined the finish to the flustercuck.

Because of the Montoya incident, I expect NASCAR to implement a rule with regard to how fast you can drive with safety equipment/personnel in the vicinity. This could've been a lot worse than it was.

Because of the Montoya incident, I expect NASCAR to implement a rule with regard to how fast you can drive with safety equipment/personnel in the vicinity. This could've been a lot worse than it was.
I'd venture to guess those guys driving those jet dryer rigs will be wearing helmets too.

More likely they will make a rule about jet dryers staying out of the way of crashing race cars.Far too many rules already . Boys have at it works.

If Montoya hit that door head on, that guy would have been dead...no question. There is already a rule that drivers need to maintain a safe speed around track vehicles, so nascar may tighten that rule up a little.

If Montoya hit that door head on, that guy would have been dead...no question. There is already a rule that drivers need to maintain a safe speed around track vehicles, so nascar may tighten that rule up a little.

That accident is as common as lightning hitting racecars.Can't remenber it ever happening before.

That accident is as common as lightning hitting racecars.Can't remenber it ever happening before.

That was freaking scary. Think about it. Montoya did a pretty good job of standing on the brakes real quickly after the rear locked. Jamie had something fail too. My money is on the rear locker for 42..

SCARY .And when you think back on all the weird crashes in Nascar..just when you think they have hit every possible weird thing , somehow they find another one.

Montoya will probably file a grievance with NASCAR explaining there was a race underway and the speedway should make sure all maintenance vehicles should be off the track...............ROFLMAO

I vote Montoya for this alone. Regardless of parts failure ... you don't go full throttle towards safety equipment. I don't care how much track you need to catch up.

I vote Montoya for this alone. Regardless of parts failure ... you don't go full throttle towards safety equipment. I don't care how much track you need to catch up.
Is this something new . I have never seen anyone in Nascar go slow while trying to catch up to the field.He wasn't going toward the safety equipment , he was hugging the bottom of the track while the equipment was at the very top . I can't believe that this is even an issue.

I see a rule coming "pit road speed within vicinity of any track vehicle"

Cmon. Elliott Sadler is the obvious bonehead. Pushing on JJ's bumper on the wrong side during the 2nd lap.

David Ragan even called it a bonehead move.

Cmon. Elliott Sadler is the obvious bonehead. Pushing on JJ's bumper on the wrong side during the 2nd lap.

David Ragan even called it a bonehead move.

Well, if Dave says it was a bonehead move, there's nothing to argue about. ;)

HAHA, you so funny.

IMO, Ragan isn't the kind of guy to say things like that. Or maybe he just doesn't seem like that kind of guy.

IMO, Daves brain turns off under pressure and he ends up having no clue about anything. Watch the video, and you'll see Dave hugging the yellow with a ton of room on the apron while his spotter screams "GO LOW" over and over. That's where everyone else went, but not old on the ball Dave. He left no room for anyone to come down and avoid the wreck, and that's why Danica had to run into him and collect both of them right into the wreck. His brain locks up worse than a Ganassi rear gear.

There are so many to choose from! Let's recap:

Carl, Kyle, David, Juan, Mikey, Greg, Fans, Magnethead, Andy, Brian, Elliott, Kurt, Cole, Jeff and everybody on this forum. Plus, NA$$CAR!

Did I miss any? :)

Oh, how could I not mention Jimmie-Chad???! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom