Brad Keselowski - Official Thread

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by LewTheShoe, Mar 7, 2017.

1. 28car

28car Team Owner

They have to be athletes, who else could pass on nap time every weekend!
    After an hour of sitting on my bum watching them turn left I can hardly stay awake
    And
    Put me on the interstate at pit road speed
    I’m sleepy in a half hour, let alone 3 hours

My sarcasm post

2. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Interesting Twitter thread posted by Keselowski on the infamous Texas incident with Gordon from his perspective. From the moment it occurred, I mostly agreed with Brad's take expressed here. There was room left, Gordon drove down into the corner seemingly unaware, and was at least partially if not primarily at fault for the contact. Racing incident, aggressive but not over the top move by Keselowski, that's that.

And while I defended his superb driving ability yesterday, it never can be said enough what a spineless pretend tough guy nuisance pissant Kevin Harvick has been personally throughout his career.

CodeMan125, Ford 222, Kiante and 4 others like this.
  3. Truex_rox

Truex_rox 19 looks better than ever.

I don't condemn Harvick too much because he's a really good racecar driver, but... talk about someone hitting the nail on the head.

Your statement right then and there pretty much sums up why I have never warmed up to him even though he drove a Chevy for most of his career and carried RCR for the longest time.

4. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

off topic Harvick was mentioned I see. I know one thing, after KDB hooked Harvick @ Darlington way back in 11, and Harvick went after him and KDB ran away, there hasn't been any nonsense from KDB about Harvick since. No smart ass remarks even. Maybe pretend works or maybe it isn't pretend. Both of them have been racing hard for wins since that time in the win column and there isn't any drama. Wonder why.

5. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2019/03/08/kevin-harvick-kyle-busch-discuss-relationship/

To hear this article tell it with comments from both drivers, it's more about Harvick maturing somewhat, which I think has happened, sorta. I haven't heard anyone ever allude to the fear Harvick struck in them, because that's laughable. Delana or the RCR crew member who Harvick waited for to be at his side that day are scarier.

For the most part I don't think Harvick wants his son watching him behave as he has at earlier times. Sometimes it takes that for a man to grow up, I know the feeling.

I mentioned Harvick because he was a major instigator in the incident Keselowski chronicled. Will be done discussing him for now, at least here.

6. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

7. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

8. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

I have to disagree with you to an extent. You don't remember Kyle & Sadler later that year in Trucks or when Kyle took out Ron? Both Kyle and Kevin were going at it through the media.
    Kyle & Kevin haven't had any run ins or call outs though after that suspension that I can recall.

9. Ford 222

Ford 222 Team Owner

Incredible agreeance on all points. Post is right ON. Especially about Harvick...

10. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Get this thread back on track with something lighter, kinda.

Truex_rox likes this.
  11. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

Anyone else thought Brad would have another title by now?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Turtle84 likes this.
  12. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

He doesn't do well in the Homestead Bowl.

13. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

I believe that Brad's Championship run was a wake-up call that proved a rough-around-the-edges young motivated mortal could defeat Jimmie --

AND that other established drivers in decent programs like Harvick, KyBu, Truex, Edwards, Denny, et al needed to step up their game.

14. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

kind of a pioneer kinda thing.

15. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

Fun fact, after ten full seasons Rusty had 32 wins. Brad has 30 at the same point. Will be interesting to see if he has success into his late 40s as well.

CodeMan125 and StandOnIt like this.
  16. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

This all day. Has he ever really kicked somebody's ass?

17. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

Yup.

18. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

No

19. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

More wins than Bill Elliott suggests yes.

20. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Harvick was a scrawny freshman wrestling in the 98-pound weight class on the junior varsity team at North High School in Bakersfield, Calif. And he wanted to quit.

His coaches, though, urged him to persevere. And so the kid kept at it and stayed on the team, pushing himself through what he called "the hardest thing you could ever challenge yourself to do." He eventually won the CIF sectional title as a 140-pound senior.

This one is where KDB eats chicken feathers and runs like a coward.:p Hard to whip somebodies ass when ya can't catch them.

Bitch slapped Kurt

Joker likes this.
  21. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

Kevin isn't a bad guy I just lost a bit of respect with him and Ross Chastain at Darlington. Not to say Ross is some clean racer either though. BUT Ross is fighting for his career at the time with only 3 shots in the 42 & Kevin decides to give him no room.

Kyle & Kevin seem to be on decent terms now.

22. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

True, aren't any of them perfect in any given situation. I'm not too sure that coming back and busting Harvick's ass and taking him out of the race might have been more effective to Chastain's career as running the rest of the race.

23. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Fact: Rusty was a part owner of his team which gave him more say in things.
    Cars were different, tires were different, Nascar was different.
    Rusty was "Team Penske' and all effort went into making him a winner.
    Team Penske now has 3 cars full time competing against each other.
    JGR was a General Motors team.
    There was NO Toyota Manufacturing racing.
    The list goes on. You may as well say Team Penske will never be as great as WB's and yet they keep them in the game.

24. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

High school hero story.
    Nothing.
    Nothing.
    And nothing.

25. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

You know Harv gets under these guys' skin when they have to necro old posts about him on a thread about a completely unrelated driver.

Turtle84, DaBiff1618 and StandOnIt like this.
  26. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Back on topic ...

27. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

Holy cow, his wife is gorgeous.

28. Ford 222

Ford 222 Team Owner

Lol. So is Shrubs. Wonder why?

29. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Racecar drivers get to meet pretty girls. As many as they like.

That is all.

Truex_rox and Joker like this.
  30. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

Yeah, well that is as much about Delana's wife looking for a broadcasting career as anything else. He is working on his likability index.

31. LewTheShoe

LewTheShoe Team Owner

What you say is true, but Paige Keselowski was no pit lizard. Brad worked for a while to get a date with her, ultimately enlisting the aid of mutual friend Frank Kimmel, whom Brad had known since childhood. And as they say... the rest is history. (NBC Sports)

32. Ford 222

Ford 222 Team Owner

Hate to even go here on a Kes thread but can’t agree any more. HAD to respond. I’m sorry. Couldn’t help myself.

33. Revman

Revman 2X CHAMPION

That's cool. Brad represents his team, this sport, his family, and this country with great respect and dignity. I admire that very much.

Team Penske and LewTheShoe like this.