Brad Keselowski - Official Thread

Brad K is solidifying a HOF career. Adding a 600 win to Southern 500 and Brickyard wins. 31 Cup wins and 39 Xfinity wins. Championships in both series. Doesn’t get the credit he deserves as an elite driver IMO.

Oh I don't think there's any doubt. If Bobby Labonte got in, he should be a slam dunk.

Brad K is solidifying a HOF career. Adding a 600 win to Southern 500 and Brickyard wins. 31 Cup wins and 39 Xfinity wins. Championships in both series. Doesn’t get the credit he deserves as an elite driver IMO.
Without a doubt. Brad fell into second tier stardum after his 2012 championship, which, was the most impressive championship of the last 15 years. He did what Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick, Joey Logano, Truex etc couldn't do during Johnson's run. They were all championship calibur drivers (except Truex) and he did something they couldn't. Brad is still a top 3-5 driver of the 2010s, and is right now a top 5 driver and a top 3 talent imo. Since that impressive title, he has 3 crown jewels to boot.

The only drivers in equal equipment I would take over Brad are

Kyle Busch
Kevin Harvick
MAYBE Joey. That's it.

Brad is still a better, more experienced driver who has better race execution than the likes of

Arguably Joey
Truex
Chase
Blaney
Jones
Kurt Busch

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I always think of Keslowski as a clutch guy. Back when Talladega was a cutoff race in the chase I think it was 2015 and the only way he made it to the next round was winning and damned if he didn't do it. It was exciting to see too.

Kez is right. Practice is imo way overrated and not necessary. I really enjoyed the action packed 2 weeks of racing on Sundays and Wednesdays. Although admittedly if I was working as normal it probably wouldn't be as good because I'd miss the Wednesday race, on tv anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think it is a winner, drivers like it fans like it. I can't see Nascar not going that way in the future. It's a money saver also and they are trying to cut out the fat.

Could be a way to shorten a lengthy season overall without cutting out too many races. How cool would a west coast swing ran in 8 days be? Is that even logistically possible? I don't know but it would be cool.

Kez is right. Practice is imo way overrated and not necessary....
Meh.

I mean, Kez is "my driver" and I like how he tends to think outside the box, but I'm not excited about rules packages and race procedures that are designed to introduce more randomness into the races. I prefer a meritocracy where driver skills and team execution tend to be rewarded.

At the top level of the sport, really at any level but especially at the top, teams should have some opportunity to check the setup and tune the car to work properly. I'm fine with what we're doing right now... giving up practice and qualifying to get the sport restarted. But once the force majeure condition has passed, some amount of practice and qualifying should be restored.

I don't want the PGA to ban the driving range nor the putting green. I don't want MLB to ban batting practice. NFL quarterbacks should have practice with their receivers. And racing teams need practice for all the same reasons, IMO.

Could be a way to shorten a lengthy season overall without cutting out too many races. How cool would a west coast swing ran in 8 days be? Is that even logistically possible? I don't know but it would be cool.

Kez said awhile back when asked about shortening the season that he thought they should run 50 races a year. It would be cool using this much shorter format to run shorter races like sprints during the week. One can dream.

Kez said awhile back when asked about shortening the season that he thought they should run 50 races a year. It would be cool using this much shorter format to run shorter races like sprints during the week. One can dream.
If they keep doing 2 a week with no qualifying they could do a 100 races a year. :)

Meh.

I mean, Kez is "my driver" and I like how he tends to think outside the box, but I'm not excited about rules packages and race procedures that are designed to introduce more randomness into the races. I prefer a meritocracy where driver skills and team execution tend to be rewarded.

At the top level of the sport, really at any level but especially at the top, teams should have some opportunity to check the setup and tune the car to work properly. I'm fine with what we're doing right now... giving up practice and qualifying to get the sport restarted. But once the force majeure condition has passed, some amount of practice and qualifying should be restored.

I don't want the PGA to ban the driving range nor the putting green. I don't want MLB to ban batting practice. NFL quarterbacks should have practice with their receivers. And racing teams need practice for all the same reasons, IMO.

They have engineers and simulators to figure out plenty. They can fine tune in race conditions. You never see the crew cranking on these cars in a pit stop anymore. It's just tire changes and gas. There needs to be more unknowns and work for these pros to earn a win, not less.

As far as team/driver skills goes 2018 was imo some of the best racing in the last 10 years and I didn't understand why the need for all the radical aero changes in 2019. So in that I agree with you but not the practice deal.

I see a reason for the changes, this year started off really well, and after the break they have continued. The changes made to the car and the changes to the format are proven crowd pleasers

Some people dislike Brad or are jealous of his abilities BUT can you name drivers who have been successful with different CC's. When Penske switched the drivers to other teams did anyone think he would be Penske's top winner this year?

Some people dislike Brad or are jealous of his abilities BUT can you name drivers who have been successful with different CC's. When Penske switched the drivers to other teams did anyone think he would be Penske's top winner this year?
I thought Brad got the shaft. Bullins had been successful in Xfinity and with Blaney at Wood Brothers. But it seemed like something went stale, but was rekindled with Brad. Kudos to Penske for making this change and kind of scratching my head about what is going on with the 12 team.

I thought Brad got the shaft. Bullins had been successful in Xfinity and with Blaney at Wood Brothers. But it seemed like something went stale, but was rekindled with Brad. Kudos to Penske for making this change and kind of scratching my head about what is going on with the 12 team.
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Bullins in charge of the xfinity team when Brad and Joey were doing a lot of winning? I think when Blaney went to Wood Bros. he went also as his CC. The Penske xfinity team hasn't been a winner since until very recently.
It could be that Blaney isn't listening to his CC very much. Joey doesn't seem to be having much fun since Nascar returned to racing. Could be he isn't meshing with his CC either.

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Bullins in charge of the xfinity team when Brad and Joey were doing a lot of winning? I think when Blaney went to Wood Bros. he went also as his CC. The Penske xfinity team hasn't been a winner since until very recently.
It could be that Blaney isn't listening to his CC very much. Joey doesn't seeCCm to be having much fun since Nascar returned to racing. Could be he isn't meshing with his CC either.
You are correct, Bullins was the CC when Logano, Kez and Blaney won the Xfinity owners championship. They dominated and he seemed to never make the wrong call. I thought it was great when he went to the Wood Bros as Blaney's CC. While I can't say Blaney hasn't been t fault some of Bullins calls last year seemed to put the team behind. This year there has been some strategy calls by Gordon that just didn't seem to make sense and didn't work out. But hey, no one knows whats going to happen and I guess it could have gone the other way and Gordon would have looked good. Couple that with Blaney's pit crew phoning it in the last two weeks, he is in a must win at Bristol.

Cool video of the backstory when B Kez, as a young driver trying to establish a foothold in the sport, found himself in negotiations with the formidable Roger Penske. Discount Tire played the crucial role in breaking the impasse...

I heard on the radio this week while traveling (I think Danielle Trotta?) that the prevailing thought about Brads contract was he signed a year so he can reassess his options for 2022. Where the hell does he think he’s going? JGR drivers hate him, I don’t see HMS letting anyone go (he probably hated to see Byron win). Haas? Replace Harvick? He doesn’t appear to be going anywhere? Anywhere else is a step down IMO?

I heard on the radio this week while traveling (I think Danielle Trotta?) that the prevailing thought about Brads contract was he signed a year so he can reassess his options for 2022. Where the hell does he think he’s going? JGR drivers hate him, I don’t see HMS letting anyone go (he probably hated to see Byron win). Haas? Replace Harvick? He doesn’t appear to be going anywhere? Anywhere else is a step down IMO?
I wouldn't believe much of what you read or hear. Especailly if it doesn't make any sense.

I wouldn't believe much of what you read or hear. Especailly if it doesn't make any sense.
I don’t understand why he’d only agree to a year unless he thinks he can get a better ride/deal somewhere else? I mean all he did was put pressure on him for another year wondering where he will be driving the next?

I don’t understand why he’d only agree to a year unless he thinks he can get a better ride/deal somewhere else? I mean all he did was put pressure on him for another year wondering where he will be driving the next?
His one year deal just may mean he is considering stepping down for other business considerations.

Brad Keselowski on Race Hub said because of Nascar chaining down the aero this year, cars can be faster after they hit the wall. Might have worked for Truex :idunno:. At any rate it might be something to look at this season

Brad Keselowski on Race Hub said because of Nascar chaining down the aero this year, cars can be faster after they hit the wall. Might have worked for Truex :idunno:. At any rate it might be something to look at this season
cars intentionally brushing wall to improve downforce?

thats quite a lottery the driver would be playing. I remember benny and DW and other commentators used to say that car is faster now! and laugh about it

ive always wondered about cars that when faster after hitting a wall,dont they have to go though the same tech as the other cars?

Alabama slammer

Nobody said that when Dale Senior or Junior were winning.
Maybe Brad can "see the air" also.
Well remember Brad learned the ins and outs of plate racing from Jr.

Jr literally passed on knowledge to a whole lot of drivers out there. Then, look at Logano massively improving since joining Penske on plate tracks. Same with Blaney and being a competitive on plate tracks.

Back
Top Bottom