Bristol RACE thread

C'mon man. I said I wish Danica was better. I'd enjoy it if she was competitive, and it'd be great for the sport. .

Danica WAS pretty good in open wheeled racing...she won a race and she was leading the 500 late...had things gone her way she could have won (or got 2nd or 3rd)...you don't get to that point without some talent.

Um, hello!!!, I am still in here!!!

I'm sure someone like Vickers doesn't appreciate being boxed in a car while they're not going anywhere with his history with blood clots and all.

"Another little mountain shower?" Hmm, mountains don't exactly attract rain, but whatever...

Welp, drivers now out of the cars. Looks like a 20 mile band of showers. Might be under the lights tonight, folks!

Sonsabitches! PRN goes of the air, so I turn my phone off rather than just listen to nothing, and then start watching other TV (just watched last night's "That Metal Show." Turn back to Fox, see the drivers back in their cars, turn the phone back on....."stations along the network line, this is the Perfromanec Racing Network remnding you that we are in a rain delay at Bristol Motor Speedway, and will return with an update of the weather situation at 5:30."

Damn, that's some classic footage there. I miss Ricky Rudd. Kevin is damn lucky those Goodwrench boys saved him from Ricky kicking his ass.

Reactions: JEB
Welp, drivers now out of the cars. Looks like a 20 mile band of showers.
tumblr_mt96e1NmPO1qii6tmo1_500.gif

"Another little mountain shower?" Hmm, mountains don't exactly attract rain, but whatever...

As a previous Denver resident...mountains don't attract rain (or snow) but they do have a tendency to alter what we would think of as "regular weather patterns".

My ex-mother-in-law was born in Denver in July...and it was snowing.

Paul is a very quiet private guy. He also seems to have quite a temper. If you've listened to any of his interviews it's like pulling teeth just to get him to say anything.
Yeah, I didn't see the interview, but Menard seems like a guy that just doesn't care for the cameras and the spotlight. I'm pretty much the same way. I get weird, irritated, and standoff-ish when TV cameras are around, and if I did a TV interview I'd probably come across as rude or strange too, when in reality I'm one of the nicest, friendliest people you'll ever meet, or so everyone tells me.

I don't know any of these drivers (or any celebrities for that matter) personally, so I try not to judge them negatively as people based on how they are in TV interviews. If I ever do pass some sort of judgment based on that, I always try to acknowledge that they just come off a certain way, not that they are a certain way.

And it just isn't a FOX rain delay without this wonderful Top Feuds segment.

As a previous Denver resident...mountains don't attract rain (or snow) but they do have a tendency to alter what we would think of as "regular weather patterns".

My ex-mother-in-law was born in Denver in July...and it was snowing.

I was also born in Denver in July, in the back of a 1950 ford :idunno: I dont think it was snowing that day though

"I dont think we are manufacturing this".
Yes FOX, you are. If you stopped talking about it, it wouldn't be relevant.

Yeah, I didn't see the interview, but Menard seems like a guy that just doesn't care for the cameras and the spotlight. I'm pretty much the same way. I get weird, irritated, and standoff-ish when TV cameras are around, and if I did a TV interview I'd probably come across as rude or strange too, when in reality I'm one of the nicest, friendliest people you'll ever meet, or so everyone tells me..

Yeah, chances are you are a dangerous lunatic Mr. Greg. Of course everybody tells you that you are friendly...they are afraid.

My advice: "seek counseling"...it's 2014..

Last edited:
It's frustrating how such small showers cause such big problems and such long delays.

Reactions: JEB
C'mon man. I said I wish Danica was better. I'd enjoy it if she was competitive, and it'd be great for the sport. And Bowman called himself "bad luck bowman" and was proud of it. A race car driver with low self esteem is pathetic.

I'm a very positive person, but I have a low tolerance for things that annoy me. I'm the kind of guy that pulls for the little guy. I loved when David Ragan won at Talladega last year. I loved when McMurray won at Charlotte in Sterling Marlin's car. When David Gilliland won that Nationwide race and got his shot at Cup. I have alot of good things to say. But you can misinterpret my posts and paint me as someone that has nothing good to say.
I don't want to get in the middle of you and Brents argument... but, Bowman has had that nickname for as long as i have known him and that goes as far back as his quarter midget days when he ran out here on the west coast. He is far from having low self esteem and he has worked very, very hard to get his shot in a cup car and i can gaurantee you that he appreciates it as much as any other driver out there. If you really want to pull for the little guy then Alex would be a great kid to pull for.

Last edited:
I don't want to get in the middle of you and Brents argument but, Bowman has had that nickname for as long as i have known him and that goes as far back as his quarter midget days when he ran out here on the west coast. He is far from having low self esteem and he has worked very, very hard to get his shot in a cup car and i can gaurantee you that he appreciates it as much as any other driver out there. If you really want to pull for the little guy that is a great kid then Alex would be a good one to pull for.

I'm sure he does. That's cool you got to watch him when he was coming up through the ranks. Honestly that interview was the first I've seen from him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not rooting against him. Obviously he has talent to get to this level.

Obviously he has talent to get to this level.

That's really not a way to gauge anyone's talent.

I dont quite know the percentage of talentless hacks currently running this here particular race but I'd say is pretty up there.

Hey, they just said it looks like it's clearing! We always get the race in when they say that! ;)

I'm no weather expert...but I do know some. When the sun goes down fronts generally slow down and moderate.

LOL. David Ragan just explained his "beef" with Gordon in the absolute nicest way possible.

Why are three people interviewing him? They must be bored as hell.

They already interviewed Gordon and he said it wasn't anyone's fault that the pit road incident happened.

Actually he kind of took the blame for taking off so fast off pit road. :D

I'm sure he does. That's cool you got to watch him when he was coming up through the ranks. Honestly that interview was the first I've seen from him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not rooting against him. Obviously he has talent to get to this level.
It's all good. I just didn't want to see you get the wrong idea of him from that interview.:)

Back
Top Bottom