Bristol RACE thread

Hard to see a guy yelling wrapped in toilet paper leading Dale Earnhardt's team to championships.

What was up with Menard...he seemed pissed that Steve was asking about his soon-to-be child...?
Asking about his personal life instead of the race, understandable.

Reactions: JEB
My hats off to Fox for staying with live coverage all day during the rain delays.

Not like they have anything better to show.

They're supposed to be showing something called "whacked out sports." Huh?

Hard to see a guy yelling wrapped in toilet paper leading Dale Earnhardt's team to championships.

Asking about her personal life instead of the race, understandable.
Maybe, but he said "tried to get one there, didn't ya?" after the interview ended. Just seemed like he was pissed off for no reason.

I was wondering the same thing. He doesn't seem like a very nice guy. They didn't ask anything wrong. Simply if he'd stay at the track or not if his girl had her kid.

He's a spoiled rich dude. What do you expect?

Did you hear what he said after the interview was over?
Sounded like he said "tried to get something, didn't ya?" as if Steve was asking some sort of "gotcha" question. I don't get it, it's a pretty normal question especially since his kid is supposed to be born any moment now.

I was wondering the same thing. He doesn't seem like a very nice guy. They didn't ask anything wrong. Simply if he'd stay at the track or not if his girl had her kid.

Must be that successful chain of hardware stores he owns.....nope that's his dad. Must be all those wins and championships.....nope only win in his whole career. Guess he's just a douchebag!!! Yep, that's it:D

Sounded like he said "tried to get something, didn't ya?" as if Steve was asking some sort of "gotcha" question. I don't get it, it's a pretty normal question especially since his kid is supposed to be born any moment now.

Yah it was.

You see these questions asked to plenty of drivers and they're happy to say one way or the other. Next time, just dont interview him at all like they did Kurt at Homestead when he went off the rails.

Man, Kenseth's having another baby? I guess I am just different, I stopped with 1 child. I can't imagine having a bunch of kids.

Yes, the radar is clear for racing. woooo hooooo

Paul is a very quiet private guy. He also seems to have quite a temper. If you've listened to any of his interviews it's like pulling teeth just to get him to say anything.

That Menard interview was one of the more awkward interviews you will see. He was disinterested from the get go. He always appears to be that way. While it may not be anyone's business regarding his wife and child and for all we know it could be a very complicated pregnancy it does have an impact on the race because he may have Matt Crafton replace him. So the question was more than valid at this point and time. Maybe he made it clear that he didn't want to talk about it? Either way he was a dick about it and didn't need to be. To top it off he was extremely smug at the end and turned his back and closed the hauler door after taking his shot at Byrnes.

Paul menard seems like he'd punch you in the face without hesitation. I like that.

Well if Paul wants to punch ME in the face...he better get a little bit bigger...cause I could take him out :tongue:...I haven't thrown a punch (for real) since my college boxing days...but I still work out on the bags.

About 1 drop of rain every few minutes. Fingers crossed.
Radar's lookin good. A small bit of drizzle currently west of the track that could hit it but there shouldn't be much for a while after that.

You have nothing nice to say about anyone, do you? This page alone, I've seen shots taken at Danica and Bowman.

C'mon man. I said I wish Danica was better. I'd enjoy it if she was competitive, and it'd be great for the sport. And Bowman called himself "bad luck bowman" and was proud of it. A race car driver with low self esteem is pathetic.

I'm a very positive person, but I have a low tolerance for things that annoy me. I'm the kind of guy that pulls for the little guy. I loved when David Ragan won at Talladega last year. I loved when McMurray won at Charlotte in Sterling Marlin's car. When David Gilliland won that Nationwide race and got his shot at Cup. I have alot of good things to say. But you can misinterpret my posts and paint me as someone that has nothing good to say.

According to the radar, more rain is forming near the track. :eek:
47288925.jpg

C'mon man. I said I wish Danica was better. I'd enjoy it if she was competitive, and it'd be great for the sport. And Bowman called himself "bad luck bowman" and was proud of it. A race car driver with low self esteem is pathetic.

I'm a very positive person, but I have a low tolerance for things that annoy me. I'm the kind of guy that pulls for the little guy. I loved when David Ragan won at Talladega last year. I loved when McMurray won at Charlotte in Sterling Marlin's car. When David Gilliland won that Nationwide race and got his shot at Cup. I have alot of good things to say. But you can misinterpret my posts and paint me as someone that has nothing good to say.

Dont explain yourself man.

If you did that here then you wouldn't get to post at all because people always have some type of issues with someone.

That Menard interview was one of the more awkward interviews you will see. He was disinterested from the get go. He always appears to be that way. While it may not be anyone's business regarding his wife and child and for all we know it could be a very complicated pregnancy it does have an impact on the race because he may have Matt Crafton replace him. So the question was more than valid at this point and time. Maybe he made it clear that he didn't want to talk about it? Either way he was a dick about it and didn't need to be. To top it off he was extremely smug at the end and turned his back and closed the hauler door after taking his shot at Byrnes.

Maybe KuBu's Gremlins have now manifested themselves in Menard ;)

Back
Top Bottom