BUBBA WALLACE FINISHED SECOND!

He did awesome. I've followed him since he was on that show with the Roush Development drivers and he's a great kid. I highly recommend that everyone watch his Facebook show. It's very entertaining and showcases him being himself. He's definitely no cardboard corporate shill!

So happy! I was hoping he will do well.
clap.gif

It's a bit early. A good finish surviving the crap shoot, but I'll wait another four or five races before I try to catch this bandwagon. By then we'll know if it has any momentum.
Maybe you should have a chat with Fox. The just crowned Dillon the savior of NASCAR. :D

Wow. Racers used to get a 4 seasons to prove themselves. Now they get 4 races.
I'll gladly give him four seasons. I'm only saying that I think all the celebration is a bit premature. People made similar comments when Ms. Patrick sat on the pole for her first race.

Wow. Racers used to get a 4 seasons to prove themselves. Now they get 4 races.

Annoying but not surprised. The finish line always moves when their faves aren't in the picture.

Bubba has improved his standings and the standings of the #43 car every cup race he's been in. Yea, he didn't do that great in Xfinity, but I think equipment had a lot to do with it. He's proven he knows how to handle a car/truck that matches his talent.

Annoying but not surprised. The finish line always moves when their faves aren't in the picture.

Bubba has improved his standings and the standings of the #43 car every cup race he's been in. Yea, he didn't do that great in Xfinity, but I think equipment had a lot to do with it. He's proven he knows how to handle a car/truck that matches his talent.
Oh, heck yeah. The guy improved his finish every race last season when he filled in for Almirola. Second at Daytona isn't enough to get me to start Googling his merchandise, is all I'm saying.

Oh, heck yeah. The guy improved his finish every race last season when he filled in for Almirola. Second at Daytona isn't enough to get me to start Googling his merchandise, is all I'm saying.
His personality is enough for me. He should be a sponsors dream. Surprised it took him this long to land a ride.

Shouldn't the savior of the sport be someone with talent, have just an inkling of likability, and not act exactly like the silver spoon child that Kevin Harvick said he was?
That's a question for the FOX commentators I'm told were anointing him. I don't watch post-race, so I can't say.

EDIT: I don't think the sport needs a savior in the first place.

I understand, he's a huge question mark still and I think he will fare well his first year. I would not expect any wins from out of the RPM camp on intermediates, but I think he could raise some eye brows at the short tracks.

I think everyone wants him to succeed, just he has to continue to show the good results. No issue with that opinion at all.

Very happy for Bubba. Looking forward
To pulling for him.

Also surprised to see you happy for him too. I thought you said you werent excited for him because he wasnt on a good team?

That's a question for the FOX commentators I'm told were anointing him. I don't watch post-race, so I can't say.

EDIT: I don't think the sport needs a savior in the first place.
Can't piss off the hand that feeds ya. I get it.

Can't piss off the hand that feeds ya. I get it.
Nah, I wouldn't watch pre- or post-race anyway. I just don't enjoy them. I admit that does make them easy bargaining chips.

Pre-race especially doesn't interest me; news I've already learned (much of it from here), opinions I don't care about, and predictions that often prove to be worse than my own.

It's a bit early. A good finish surviving the crap shoot, but I'll wait another four or five races before I try to catch this bandwagon. By then we'll know if it has any momentum.

I am happy for him and fans but you cant say a driver will have a good or bad season based on what happened at Daytona. Hopefully the kid does well but we will know a bunch more mid April.

When i first came on this board I thought you were a decent guy, boy was i wrong.

Back
Top Bottom