BUBBA WALLACE FINISHED SECOND!

Oh yeah, i sure will and so will Bubba,
I wouldn't want anything less. I like the guy and want him to do well. I'm only saying that Daytona is a lousy indicator of long-term performance. I'll consider celebrating until after I see a few more races, especially away from plate tracks. Until then, I'll remain cautiously optimistic. That's all I'm saying.

Sorry. We can't all agree all the time. I'll continue to respect your opinion most of the time. It's a big Internet; we'll both survive.

Dont know if I get a vote but you seem like a decent and fair person to me. How bad can a guy be that knows what a pileated woodpecker is hahaha? Nice job taking the high road as it says a bunch.

With the deteriorating condition of NASCAR, I would think most everyone would be very happy for Bubba. The youngster has personality. And he ain't afraid to mix it up with a veteran. I'm taking a shine to Bubba, The sport needs a good story. This kid is a good story. I'm more proud of Bubba than I am of Dillon. And I have been an RCR fan for many a moon. As best I can tell, Bubba EARNED his way to the Cup series. It wasn't handed to him. NASCAR is just about the only spectator sport where nepotism can elevate a person to the top. And most NASCAR fans can't/don't identify with silver spooners. I for one, hope Bubba does great.

With the deteriorating condition of NASCAR, I would think most everyone would be very happy for Bubba. The youngster has personality. And he ain't afraid to mix it up with a veteran. I'm taking a shine to Bubba, The sport needs a good story. This kid is a good story. I'm more proud of Bubba than I am of Dillon. And I have been an RCR fan for many a moon. As best I can tell, Bubba EARNED his way to the Cup series. It wasn't handed to him. NASCAR is just about the only spectator sport where nepotism can elevate a person to the top. And most NASCAR fans can't/don't identify with silver spooners. I for one, hope Bubba does great.

I don't know a thing about Bubba but people seem to like him so I hope he can do well with the 43 and then end up with a really good team. He could take Hamlin's ride in the 11 which would be great.

I don't know a thing about Bubba but people seem to like him so I hope he can do well with the 43 and then end up with a really good team. He could take Hamlin's ride in the 11 which would be great.

That would be hilarious. Anyone can’t the Adderal reference in his interview post race when he claimed Hamlin walled him?

I think Bubba is gonna do much better than Almirola did in the 43 after watching him perform in his first 4 races and now today.

Just hope they can find more sponsorship.
they have been picking it up in bits and pieces, I bet they get more after this, it is exactly what the Petty bunch needed, good finishes.

If you had Podium access you would have briefly considered the source.

Very briefly.

I'm probably not a candidate for the podium. I can't imagine anyone not being proud for Bubba and RPM. He's elevated that team in my opinion. Will they have this level of success for the remainder of the season? Who knows, but they deserve every ounce of coverage they have received today. That young man drove a whale of a race. Anyone that has ever watched much racing at all could see that.

I'm probably not a candidate for the podium. I can't imagine anyone not being proud for Bubba and RPM. He's elevated that team in my opinion. Will they have this level of success for the remainder of the season? Who knows, but they deserve every ounce of coverage they have received today. That young man drove a whale of a race. Anyone that has ever watched much racing at all could see that.

I loved it when they interviewed Bubba right after the race and he said Petty told him to remember the first rule...don't wreck the car..I could hear Petty saying that.

:D:D:D
He disappeared inside the care center and then emerged with Wallace, whom he gave a bear hug. He chatted briefly with family members and kept smiling while staring up at the scoring pylon before wandering over to some waiting reporters with a playfully gruff, “What do you want?”

Not a bad start to the season, huh?

“Almost,” Petty said. “(Wallace) was laying in there, and they was checking his blood pressure, and I walked in and said, ‘What was the last thing I told you?’ ‘I don’t know.’ I said, ‘Don’t tear up my car.’ He just went out. I think his blood pressure went to 330!

“I wasn’t going to blame him. That’s for dang sure.”

Wallace, who placed a career-best second as the highest-finishing African-American in the 60-year history of the Daytona 500, later recounted his version of events.

“My heart is still pumping over that, sitting on the cot in the infield care center,” Wallace said. “(Petty) walks in livid, and he first thing he said, what’s the first thing I told you, with a very stern attitude and look, and I’m like, ‘Ummmm,’ and he says, ‘I told you not to wreck the car,’ and I was like, ‘I didn’t do it.’ So we shared a good laugh, and he come in and gave me a big hug after that.

“To see the smile on his face, I think you had to be there to experience that moment.”

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/02...-hard-to-do-after-wallaces-second-at-daytona/

The smile never left Petty’s face, which lit up when asked to describe Wallace’s performance.

“They’d make pit stops because they was adjusting the car, and he’d run himself back up to sixth, seventh,” Petty said. “He probably passed more cars than anybody. But he was in the race all day long. That was good. It was a good day for us.”

Particularly for a team that is hunting for sponsorship. Wallace scored Richard Petty Motorsports’ best finish since Aric Almirola’s July 2014 victory at Daytona.

“This shouldn’t hurt anything,” Petty said. “If we could have won the race, it would have been better, but second is the best thing besides winning. He was in the race all day long. That made us feel good.”

I wouldn't want anything less. I like the guy and want him to do well. I'm only saying that Daytona is a lousy indicator of long-term performance. I'll consider celebrating until after I see a few more races, especially away from plate tracks. Until then, I'll remain cautiously optimistic. That's all I'm saying.
Of course it is, and most people with a lick of common sense would agree with that.

Least Bubba has the coconuts to show his face on camera .

Of course it is, and most people with a lick of common sense would agree with that.
Personally with just my opinion, I think when he got set out, he analyzed his performance, because when he drove for Petty last year he drove a different race. Did so in his truck win also .He did the same this year,at Daytona. In the duels he was there at the end pushing Blaney and didn't pull a Dillion. Did the same thing at the 500, a shame it was Dillion he had to push. Stand up racer.

Great race for Bubba! Not only did he get a great finish, he was in the lead pack pretty much all day. I'm not expecting miracles in that car, but I think he can get some good finishes and elevate that team overall. I've said for some time that I thought he had earned the chance to drive a halfway decent car and show us what he can do with it. In his limited amount of races in the 43, I feel like he has delivered as much or more than could be expected. I hope the sponsors are paying attention....

Big fan of this kid. If nothing else, he’s turned into a hell of a metal drummer. What a run today. Bubba showed speed last year, can’t wait to see how his true rookie campaign turns out.

If you don’t like these cats you’re wrong in the head.

I think Bubba did a damn good job today. Whether or not that will translate to the non-RP tracks remains to be seen, but I've been really impressed with what I've seen out of him so far.

I think Bubba did a damn good job today. Whether or not that will translate to the non-RP tracks remains to be seen, but I've been really impressed with what I've seen out of him so far.

He improved in every cup race he raced in last year. Would not shock me to see him end the year with more than a couple top tens. Hell, he has one now.

So proud of Bubba and the Petty team. He’s one of my 3 drivers (along with Chase and Blaney). He drove hard, made some good moves and some mistakes, but kept battling. We were there live. I had his frequency on my scanner for the last two laps. They were NOT happy with Hambone and don’t blame them.

So proud of Bubba and the Petty team. He’s one of my 3 drivers (along with Chase and Blaney). He drove hard, made some good moves and some mistakes, but kept battling. We were there live. I had his frequency on my scanner for the last two laps. They were NOT happy with Hambone and don’t blame them.

The S.O.B. mashed up a really good Petty speedway car. don't matter to Hambone, they have plenty.

bubba needs this sponsor

upload_2018-2-19_8-1-47.jpeg

The S.O.B. mashed up a really good Petty speedway car. don't matter to Hambone, they have plenty.
Dude cut his tire for 2nd place. Couldve easily caused another big wreck.

Back
Top Bottom