Cable cutters, rejoice

I'm currently in my first month of SlingTV. My only issue with Playstation Vue is that you aren't able to use it on laptops. If NBSCN doesn't become available on Sling soon, I may have to give in and buy a Roku Box and switch to Playstation Vue.

I'm currently in my first month of SlingTV. My only issue with Playstation Vue is that you aren't able to use it on laptops. If NBSCN doesn't become available on Sling soon, I may have to give in and buy a Roku Box and switch to Playstation Vue.

The NBC networks not being on Sling were the reason I never tried it. NASCAR comes on NBCSN, the Olympics are on NBCSN, CNBC and MSNBC, INDYCAR is on NBCSN and CNBC and I watch Morning Joe, Brian Williams and Rachel Maddow on MSNBC.

The NBC networks not being on Sling were the reason I never tried it. NASCAR comes on NBCSN, the Olympics are on NBCSN, CNBC and MSNBC, INDYCAR is on NBCSN and CNBC and I watch Morning Joe, Brian Williams and Rachel Maddow on MSNBC.

Well...my previous post is irrelevant. You persuaded me. Just got back from Walmart and am currently on my free trial with Playstation Vue. :) Set up took quite a while with the Roku activation and Playstation Vue setup, but so far so good after I finally completed everything.

My problem is that I have DSL which is maxed at 6M in my neighborhood (which is good for 720 video and I can't use the internet during streaming), if I want faster internet service I have to get cable....

My problem is that I have DSL which is maxed at 6M in my neighborhood (which is good for 720 video and I can't use the internet during streaming), if I want faster internet service I have to get cable....

I'm on DSL :idunno:

But yeah, a lot of cable providers are doing everything they can to stop people from streaming. I know a lot of them limit you to 150GB of data per month and throttle certain sites.

Mine's capped at 250GB but I blow through that every month.

Thank the gods my Internet is provided through the city. **** TWC & Comcast.

Can you really? I always thought you were only able to do that with an actual cable company.

Yep, worked with the Roku app. Since PS Vue doesn't include the broadcast networks, I have been able to go to the NBC Sports app and watch NBC programming there.

Just got an email, Sling TV just added NBCSN and USA, amount other channels. Unfortunately, it was tad too late. I had a few streaming issues with them that I haven't had with Playstation Vue. There are still a few channels that'd I would have to add on via some of the $5 extra packages. They also have two separate packages still which means that in order to get ESPN and Fox Sports, you'd have to get the combo package which is $40, $10 more than Playstaion Vue. The one thing Sling TV does have over Playstation Vue is that they offer the Fox extra channels on their main package which allowed me to watch all of the KC Royals games.

Just got an email, Sling TV just added NBCSN and USA, amount other channels. Unfortunately, it was tad too late. I had a few streaming issues with them that I haven't had with Playstation Vue. There are still a few channels that'd I would have to add on via some of the $5 extra packages. They also have two separate packages still which means that in order to get ESPN and Fox Sports, you'd have to get the combo package which is $40, $10 more than Playstaion Vue. The one thing Sling TV does have over Playstation Vue is that they offer the Fox extra channels on their main package which allowed me to watch all of the KC Royals games.

Too little too late. Sling offers NBCSN and USA but still no CNBC or MSNBC. So, still gonna miss NASCAR, INDYCAR and F1 races as well as A LOT of Olympics coverage since the majority of NBC's coverage is on CNBC and MSNBC.

I made a thread about this a while back. Probably got sweapt with the other threads and posts we lost.

Anyway, I have this and have been enjoying only paying 50 bucks for like 70 channels. I'm saving around 110 dollars now.

Cant wait to get 100 gigabit of internet speed to become available in my area. I'm going to throw that extra money into more speed.

I made a thread about this a while back. Probably got sweapt with the other threads and posts we lost.

Anyway, I have this and have been enjoying only paying 50 bucks for like 70 channels. I'm saving around 110 dollars now.

Cant wait to get 100 gigabit of internet speed to become available in my area. I'm going to throw that extra money into more speed.

I've got the fastest internet I can get. Waiting for Time Warner to come to town (it's available 150 yards away). Although, while their download speeds are twice as fast, I've heard their upload speeds are even slower than CenturyLink.

Regardless, my internet's fast enough for me to stream on four devices at once.

The only gripe I have with Vue is that MSNBC is "Mobile Restricted" and the ****** morons at NBC News won't open up MSNBC on their mobile app. Meanwhile, CNN, CBS, ABC and Fixed Noise all have their apps opened up for live streaming.

I'm on the basic, $30/month plan and am satisfied. Would upgrade but I'm already paying a ****load of money between CenturyLink ($95/month), Vue ($30/month), AT&T ($60/month) and Netflix ($10/month). Plus I've already got the basics.

I'm mad as hell at CenturyLink. They're forcing me to pay for home phone service which I don't even have. Plus, my service has gone out countless times in recent weeks. They've said it's only "overnight" outages but that's when I'm up.

I've got the fastest internet I can get. Waiting for Time Warner to come to town (it's available 150 yards away). Although, while their download speeds are twice as fast, I've heard their upload speeds are even slower than CenturyLink.

Regardless, my internet's fast enough for me to stream on four devices at once.

The only gripe I have with Vue is that MSNBC is "Mobile Restricted" and the ******* morons at NBC News won't open up MSNBC on their mobile app. Meanwhile, CNN, CBS, ABC and Fixed Noise all have their apps opened up for live streaming.

I'm on the basic, $30/month plan and am satisfied. Would upgrade but I'm already paying a ****load of money between CenturyLink ($95/month), Vue ($30/month), AT&T ($60/month) and Netflix ($10/month). Plus I've already got the basics.

I'm mad as hell at CenturyLink. They're forcing me to pay for home phone service which I don't even have. Plus, my service has gone out countless times in recent weeks. They've said it's only "overnight" outages but that's when I'm up.

That's ****** up.

I'm only paying 50 for Internet alone. They tried to bundled me with Internet and phone and I said no thanks.

That's ****** up.

I'm only paying 50 for Internet alone. They tried to bundled me with Internet and phone and I said no thanks.

I have to have phone to have internet. And I don't use home phone. I have two cell phones.

If CenturyLink EVER bitches about my data consumption, I'll kirk out on them. I told them I wanted the most expensive internet plan I could get that way I could get the fastest speeds and unlimited internet. Even told them when they replied that, "Unlimited means unlimited, and I'm gonna use a mega****ing****ton of data".

When I had Cox Internet and Cable, I was paying around $145 per month. Now with Cox Internet and Vue, I'm paying $95. Of course I got more channels with Cox, but I'm perfectly fine with the channels that you get with the basic Vue package.

Just wanted to mention that Playstation Vue is also on Amazon's Fire TV Stick.

I recently purchased one of the Amazon Fire TV Sticks for my daughter. She had an older HDTV with no internet connection capabilities. I saw the Fire TV Stick on sale at Amazon during one of their promotion events. I think I paid $19 for the thing.

It allows you to download apps. One of them being the Playstation Vue. That's something that I'll probably look into more after my commitment to Dish Network expires.

We recently downloaded the NBC Olympics app. Awesome is the only way that I can describe it.

Anyhow, two thumbs up for the Amazon Fire TV Stick. Good product and it works flawlessly.

Just wanted to mention that Playstation Vue is also on Amazon's Fire TV Stick.

I recently purchased one of the Amazon Fire TV Sticks for my daughter. She had an older HDTV with no internet connection capabilities. I saw the Fire TV Stick on sale at Amazon during one of their promotion events. I think I paid $19 for the thing.

It allows you to download apps. One of them being the Playstation Vue. That's something that I'll probably look into more after my commitment to Dish Network expires.

We recently downloaded the NBC Olympics app. Awesome is the only way that I can describe it.

Anyhow, two thumbs up for the Amazon Fire TV Stick. Good product and it works flawlessly.

Does the firestick or vue get fox sports 1 and nbcsn? i.e. does it get the nascar channels?

The firestick makes services available like Vue. Firestick on its own does not make FS1 available. A quick search of the

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/

shows that yes, it is available on Vue on their $29 package.

Playstation Vue is wonderful. I've had it since June now and love it. Worth every penny.

Waiting for NFL Network and RedZone, but I'll be out of town and at a racetrack on Kickoff Day anyway so it doesn't matter.

I love Playstation Vue, I've been able to keep up with all my shows and the news a lot better. Plus, I can still use my Roku to watch Netflix, YouTube and Twitch channels.

I do wish that Playstation Vue was already having NFL Network as an option as I would have been able to watch the Detroit Lions game in preaseason week 1. Of course it's only preseason, but it's still fun watching your team. As I've stated though, I'm not even sure I'll get it. It just depends on what they charge for it.

NFL Network is finally live on Playstation Vue. I did upgrade from the $29.99 to the $34.99 package in order to get the NFL Network, but I don't think I'll be paying the one time fee of $39.99. Apparently that price roughly works out to the same as most cable companies, I don't have off but maybe one Sunday a month, so it definitely wouldn't be worth it to me.

NFL Network is finally live on Playstation Vue. I did upgrade from the $29.99 to the $34.99 package in order to get the NFL Network, but I don't think I'll be paying the one time fee of $39.99. Apparently that price roughly works out to the same as most cable companies, I don't have off but maybe one Sunday a month, so it definitely wouldn't be worth it to me.

Yeah, I'll be upgrading to that shortly.

I'm sure all are aware, but I didn't even mention what the $39.99 one time fee was for. That's the extra Red Zone add on.

We have Cox here and they have the rights for the showing of local games of the university. No way around it for a novice like me. Son he knows of a way but it is kind of a pain.

Interesting how it was made such a big deal about Sling and Vue getting the NFL Network, yet half of the Thursday night games aren't even available due to streaming contracts. To my understanding, the TNF games that aren't broadcast on a local station will only be available on the NFL Network, correct? If those games end up available on Twitter as well, I think it may already be time to go back to my previous package on Vue as TNF was really the only reason I upgraded.

Also, it'd be great if Vue would pick up the NHL Network, but considering that hockey isn't crazy popular in the states, I really don't see that happening.

Interesting how it was made such a big deal about Sling and Vue getting the NFL Network, yet half of the Thursday night games aren't even available due to streaming contracts. To my understanding, the TNF games that aren't broadcast on a local station will only be available on the NFL Network, correct? If those games end up available on Twitter as well, I think it may already be time to go back to my previous package on Vue as TNF was really the only reason I upgraded.

Have to have a package with NFLN to get Red Zone. I was gonna get Red Zone but the Jags have already pissed me off to the point that I won't watch and it's only three weeks in.

I have DSL (6M max in my neighborhood) and if I want to improve my internet speed for streaming I'll have to switch to Comcast.

Me too. With 6M service I can stream at 720 dpi (which is fine) but I can't use my internet while streaming. I contacted them about higher speed service but they don't offer higher speeds in my area.

Hmm... I'm at 10mbps (usually clocks in at around 8mbps and I can stream in 1080 on my big screen and watch stuff on the computer as well. During the Olympics, I had three or four streams running at one time.

Yeah AM...I am getting killed price-wise by Comcast ($170 a month without premium channels).

I get the normal stuff on Cable TV and fast internet and a land line telephone with unlimited "in USA" time.

I think I'm getting shafted - but heck - I'm rich. :jamming:

Yeah AM...I am getting killed price-wise by Comcast ($170 a month without premium channels).

I get the normal stuff on Cable TV and fast internet and a land line telephone with unlimited "in USA" time.

I think I'm getting shafted - but heck - I'm rich. :jamming:

I have several friends who pay $120/month or more for TV and don't get half the networks I get on Vue. NBCSN being among them.

Back
Top Bottom