Car numbers on rear quarter panels

That's only for Stenhouse's super speedway cars so everybody can keep track of him easier.
That won't help. The problem with Stenny at supers is when he screws up, he's usually in the front. I'd suggest a rear window number but nobody could see it over the loading ramp / rear spoiler anyway.

How about illuminated numbers for night races like they have for GT? I know the NASCAR tracks are much better lit but these could look wicked cool.

9-AF4-C8-D7-6259-484-F-9031-BAB4-C8-FB2-C24.jpg

Hmm idk long-term.

Sure the sponsors like it, seems like an illusion that it would actually increase sales because of it though. If it helps keep sponsors in the sport or generate new ones, then all for it, just not sure that is a tipping point. It might force a fan to memorize the sponsor before the number, to locate their favorite driver on track, maybe that does help brand recognition.

Hmm idk long-term.

Sure the sponsors like it, seems like an illusion that it would actually increase sales because of it though. If it helps keep sponsors in the sport or generate new ones, then all for it, just not sure that is a tipping point. It might force a fan to memorize the sponsor before the number, to locate their favorite driver on track, maybe that does help brand recognition.

I won’t lie it does look cool. Makes it look more like an actual car if that makes sense

Hmm idk long-term.

If the sponsors were the same on the car EVERY week, I think shrinking down the car number would have some validity, but in today's climate with the revolving door of sponsors week to week, I think its a bad move. Maybe that could be a carrot to throw out there; Sponsor the car for the full season, and you get to do whatever you want with the number...... :)

It feels like some teams aren't into this and are 'throwing the match' here with this experiment.

The number and the sponsor logo need to feel aligned in terms of size and placement, so that they flow together. This isn't that hard.

For me, having the logo be much larger than the number makes it look unbalanced. The smaller number would look better behind the rear wheel.

I really don’t think it NEEDS changing, but I’m open to some of the concepts if they’re gung-ho to make a change...

i actually like some of the renders in this thread that show the number on the rear side window. I’m not feeling the number moved further back on the door, for me it just stands out in a really bad way after all the years of seeing it centered.

so IF a change is gonna happen to this, either rear side window or rear quarter panel.

and please let us have the roof numbers. For the love of that, please leave those as they are.

LOL @ Chuck.

This forum. I looked at it and then whooooosh ...

I’m still in the what’s the big deal camp.

The racing isn’t going to change, so I mean it’s not something I see as a huge problem.

Wish granted.

I may be the only one who can't stand looking at that effect, but I find it visually disturbing. On street cars, it screws with my night vision. I guess it won't matter much on the track unless they plan on turning the lights out. I wouldn't want to be a tire changer who glances at that area of the car, has his night vision reduced, and then tries to hit the lug nuts.

Underglow hasn’t been a thing since Need For Speed lol. Plus I don’t see how this works with the track lights on, you’d never see the underglow.

The ride height would have to be lifted significantly for the effect to work.
7fbcfc8f8fd2d4306c9fb6fec022977d

maxresdefault.jpg

NASCARs largest demographic of the base isnt gonna keep them in business forever.......

In all my time on these boards I really can’t recall any growling about the sponsor’s name on the car not being big enough.

To push the number back/make it smaller is a joke.

I know nada about the technology behind this gizmo. My big question is how well it will stand up to some beating and banging?

Back
Top Bottom