Championship Fatigue...

Novelty of the system has worn off for one. That first 2014 season it was new to everyone and it seemed like every week was frantic and people were trying to take out their frustrations on each other. Now I think there's an understanding that a bad week is actually more detrimental than before when you only have two other races to make up for it. Stage points and playoff points have also eliminated a lot of the element of randomness - for better or for worse - that those early seasons had. The resets don't allow for a man-to-man matchup to develop anymore like a Keselowski/Johnson, Gordon/Johnson, Stewart/Edwards, etc. that would captivate the fan base down the stretch. It's just not as interesting.

Doesn't help that there seems to be less parity at the top now than there has been in years. It doesn't feel too different from F1 where it's the same five guys fighting for wins each week. There's been a talent drain over the last half decade or so and the new guys, with an exception or two, haven't come into their own yet and the manufacturer gulfs seem bigger since they transitioned from COT to Gen-6.

Or they can turn up the hype by letting the Playoff eliminated Drivers compete for their Final Standings (5th thru 16th) given 2 point intervals based on their Points Standings going into the Finale.

And have the non-playoff Also-Rans bow out every two laps (unless they remain in the Top 10) in the Final Stage like the von Trapp family.

Plenty of goods ideas still out there. :)

It's still quite a bit more diverse than F1 has been. I'll take what we have now. There are tracks here and there that seem to be prone to producing snoozers, but overall, it wasn't horrible. It just wasn't the greatest or most captivating season of the decade. I'll be honest, Kyle Busch deserved the title, but for me anyway, it seemed like a foregone conclusion around the halfway point of the season. There will be better, keep your heads up! Besides, we saw many different winners this year, including some first-timers, and the fan favorite continued to prove that he's got it.

In the 60’s thru the 90’s the competition was real not manufactured. The champion had to perform every week. Case in point Bill Elliott back in 85. He won 11 races but lost the championship to DW. Why did he lose, he lost because he had to many races where he bombed badly. NASCAR was true to its fan base. Then they got greedy. There was an excitement that no longer exists, a little guy could cone into the sport and thru hard work he could become a star. We will never see an Elliott or Kulwicki again. The onset of multi car teams did not help either. Are we better off with a few mega teams or was it more exciting when you had a field full of independent players.

Last edited:
Maybe on purpose, NASCAR is not WWF, NASCAR doesnt have a script and determine the winner. To compare the two is ridiculous and insulting to the sport.

Dude, I call :bsflag:

Back in big Es day you cant tell me that NASCAR didnt do small things to make things work out in his favour.
Or screw over others. Like Mark Martins championship right @AndyMarquisLive ?

Perhaps it’s time to shake up the playoff system again. I don’t have a solution but do feel that the regular season champion should have a pass to the final four or, the very least, the first couple of rounds of eliminations.

We all have our opinions. NASCAR turned its back on the South and tried like hell to get the wine and cheese crowd in.

This was the public sentiment in the BIg E vs Jeff Gordon rivalry
Gordon seen as the wine and cheese guy from calif. Big E the ultimate good ole boy.

We all have our opinions. NASCAR turned its back on the South and tried like hell to get the wine and cheese crowd in.
Geez how old are you? You are talking like its early NASCAR and they like any other business expanded its base. Those days are long gone.

Geez how old are you? You are talking like its early NASCAR and they like any other business expanded its base. Those days are long gone.

I don't know how you can say that, they recently acquired ARCA and full ownership of Nascar.

Facts. History. favorites were played, and could be argued still are.
lol. Let me explain to you why its not, Millions and Millions of sponsor dollars flow through this sport and if they knew it was rigged and fixed they would balk immediately and would be a head shot to the sport. If it was fixed Danica Patrick would have won multiple races as well as Dale Jr winning Multiple Championships, take off the tinfoil bud.

I’m 65. I’ve been watching this sport for over 5 decades. I was watching during the height of the Pearson Petty rivalry. I watched them new guys Waltrip and Earnhardt enter the fray. I think I have enough history with the sport to express my opinions. I’m not a mindless yes man.

I’m 65. I’ve been watching this sport for over 5 decades. I was watching during the height of the Pearson Petty rivalry. I watched them new guys Waltrip and Earnhardt enter the fray. I think I have enough history with the sport to express my opinions. I’m not a mindless yes nan.
And I can express mine. Merica!

lol. Let me explain to you why its not, Millions and Millions of sponsor dollars flow through this sport and if they knew it was rigged and fixed they would balk immediately and would be a head shot to the sport. If it was fixed Danica Patrick would have won multiple races as well as Dale Jr winning Multiple Championships, take off the tinfoil bud.

I didnt say ALL rigged. I said here or there. DO you deny NASCAR brass did things to help big E and mess with others? throw a debris caution here or there...

NASCAR wanted her to succeed, but numerous other things happened.

I didnt say ALL rigged. I said here or there. DO you deny NASCAR brass did things to help big E and mess with others? throw a debris caution here or there...
Throw a caution to bunch up the field, no, dont deny it and I like it. The rest, unless you have proof, is fantasy.

Days of staying a regional based sport are long gone

To show how much the good ol days affects people, some still consider themselves the south when it fact over a hundred and fifty years ago that was true. The country has since annexed and bought land and named themselves the United States and most people consider that area as the south east. No surprise that something as recent as Nascar is that there are the same sentiments.

Back
Top Bottom