Change Coming to Bristol Again?

Kevin Harvick on Bristol track change Bruton announced this week: "It's about time.''

Harvick on Bristol: "Hopefully, they'll do a good job. They had great intentions in mind & tried to make things better (before).'

Harvicks record in the 12 races before the change - Average finish of 10.6 with 1 win and 6 T5's

Harvicks record in the 11 races since the change - Average finish of 14.5 with no wins and 3 T5's

I wonder why Kevin feels that way.

Harvicks record in the 12 races before the change - Average finish of 10.6 with 1 win and 6 T5's

Harvicks record in the 11 races since the change - Average finish of 14.5 with no wins and 3 T5's

I wonder why Kevin feels that way.
The track was reconfigured between the spring and fall races of 2007 so there have only been ten races on the track under this current configuration.

15.4 is his average under the current configuration in the past ten races.

9.5 is his average in the ten races prior.

Another thing to consider though is that the COT was also introduced that same year for the spring race @ Bristol. The spring race @ Bristol was the first time that it hit the track.

Kevin did pretty good early on with the progressive banking in the CoT, but his numbers got real bad in 2009 and he doesn't run Bristol very good since.

Brad likes the current configuration, but it's the only one he's ever raced on. He has 2 wins, but I'm sure that didn't play into his retarded anti-media rant concerning changing the track. :rolleyes:

Brad needs to realize that everything isn't so deep, so there's no point in trying to say something super important. I do like that he says what he thinks. It's entertaining as hell.

Brad likes the current configuration, but it's the only one he's ever raced on. He has 2 wins, but I'm sure that didn't play into his retarded anti-media rant concerning changing the track. :rolleyes:

Brad needs to realize that everything isn't so deep, so there's no point in trying to say something super important. I do like that he says what he thinks. It's entertaining as hell.

Once Brad gets married to a little polish girl, he will forget the twittering.

Once Brad gets married to a little polish girl, he will forget the twittering.

Will she polish his "doorhandle"?

One thing that must have had an impact on the attendance at Bristol was the string of deadly tornadoes that ripped thru a large part of the country. I would suspect that many people from Kentucky, Indiana, etc are regular visitors to Bristol for NA$$CAR rassin. I doubt that many of the unfortunate people who were impacted by those storms made the trip...

I think that Bruton Smith is seriously over-reacting to a non-issue.
But it's his track and his money.
He can do whatever the hell he wants with them.
I'll still be watchin!

Will she polish his "doorhandle"?

One thing that must have had an impact on the attendance at Bristol was the string of deadly tornadoes that ripped thru a large part of the country. I would suspect that many people from Kentucky, Indiana, etc are regular visitors to Bristol for NA$$CAR rassin. I doubt that many of the unfortunate people who were impacted by those storms made the trip...

I think that Bruton Smith is seriously over-reacting to a non-issue.
But it's his track and his money.
He can do whatever the hell he wants with them.
I'll still be watchin!

He needs to stop the bleeding. It's killing his stock price.

That's a good point about the COT. When those cars were first raced, they were like lead sleds. Now, seems like there's no difference than the old cars. Then, we'll have all-new cars next year. Bristol is going to be a million dollar crap shoot for Bristol. The variables are a lot different than 2006 when he made the first decision to change the track.

I liked Denny's comments in his media session. When they repave Bristol, they will be stuck racing on hard tires for 5 years and there wont be much passing because the tires don't fall off.

Bruton was on RaceHub last night to announce that there will be an announcement made on April 25th about the changes to Bristol Motor Speedway. o_O

Way to milk this Mr. Smith.

Bruton was on RaceHub last night to announce that there will be an announcement made on April 25th about the changes to Bristol Motor Speedway. o_O

Way to milk this Mr. Smith.

Translation: "We don't know what we're going to do yet".

Jr made a good point about old Bristol having more of an apron, and there being sticky sealer below the yellow back then.

They mentioned on Sirius NASCAR Radio this morning that they had seen pictures of the soft walls being removed ahead of whatever works is to be done. I wonder if those are just some old pics from the last renovation. Heck, I though about releasing this one just to stir up some controversy.....

bristol1.jpg

and.....

SL-060735-D-25.jpg

They mentioned on Sirius NASCAR Radio this morning that they had seen pictures of the soft walls being removed ahead of whatever works is to be done. I wonder if those are just some old pics from the last renovation. Heck, I though about releasing this one just to stir up some controversy.....

bristol1.jpg

and.....

SL-060735-D-25.jpg

Those are old pics there. BMS posted some on their Twitter account showing some of the signs and soft walls being removed.

I have been watching and like all types of racing for over twenty years and NASCAR seems to be the victim bad management . Changing rules, cars and tracks constantly. The over saturated TV commentary drives me nuts as well. I also think the peak is over. That with the money issues people are having it is the beginning of the end. If it really was about crashes then should we make the cars less safe and stable to increase the excitement, no way. I enjoy watching a car at it's limit having to get the correct balance. I love that science more than seeing guys crashing then waiting 15 minutes of no racing and commercials.

One other comment. Whenever I hear the argument "when was the last time NFL or Baseball pulled 100,00"
How about every weekend. Just because they are not at the same track, economically the major sports are pulling way more people every single week. Two teams play in twenty plus cities as compared to 40 plus teams plus all at one city.
Any given weekend baseball or football are generating way more attendance and money than NASCAR
The proof would be NASCAR races in 20 plus cities every week. they would not draw much at all.

Of course I could just be wrong too.

DeRednecking racing was a poor decisions. Loud and proud, the anti Golf clap crowd is answer to the solutions or something like that...

Fans that will fight over there favorite drivers at the concession stand, and tarty women to fight over as back ups, an Earnhardt Ironhead tatoo on my manhood.
Old tire stacks on the old trailers to stand on, when everybody in the pits wants to fight you.

The awful odor of couth has become to strong in racing, we didn't get this far on the couth and polish. We ain't F1, so tip the cap slightly sideways, get to yeehawing, and getRdone.
We need some fans that hate too, not
just Internet hating either, but ones that go to the track to see the hated ones loose.

Sounds like a joke, maybe it should, but it was more fun when we were not to afraid to be so primitive.

Note: I don't have any tattoos, just caught up in the post, a posting tool nothing more.

I have been watching and like all types of racing for over twenty years and NASCAR seems to be the victim bad management . Changing rules, cars and tracks constantly. The over saturated TV commentary drives me nuts as well. I also think the peak is over. That with the money issues people are having it is the beginning of the end. If it really was about crashes then should we make the cars less safe and stable to increase the excitement, no way. I enjoy watching a car at it's limit having to get the correct balance. I love that science more than seeing guys crashing then waiting 15 minutes of no racing and commercials.

One other comment. Whenever I hear the argument "when was the last time NFL or Baseball pulled 100,00"
How about every weekend. Just because they are not at the same track, economically the major sports are pulling way more people every single week. Two teams play in twenty plus cities as compared to 40 plus teams plus all at one city.
Any given weekend baseball or football are generating way more attendance and money than NASCAR
The proof would be NASCAR races in 20 plus cities every week. they would not draw much at all.

Of course I could just be wrong too.

Your comments are right on Jimi ...the only other thing about attendence is that Nascar has to draw their fans to really out of the way places like Martinsville and Pocono , while the other sports are being played right inside a big city. Heck ,some you can access by subway.

bristol1.jpg

and.....

SL-060735-D-25.jpg

It seems no matter what track Bruton has work done on, he has to label EVERYTHING....
nhmsdebris.jpg
This is from Loudon last week where some improvements are being done..

Saw this today.....

Bruton Smith, Speedway Motorsports Chairman and CEO, will announce details regarding Bristol Motor Speedway track changes during a press conference slated for 11:00 AM EST on Wednesday, April 25.

Bristol Motor Speedway will provide live video streaming of the announcement on its BristolLIVE! page and via the BMS USTREAM Channel.

I have a feeling that this could very easily turn out to be one of those, 'Be careful what you ask for', results come August. I sure hope that's not the case. I could be faced with the dilemma of having to start carrying my larger cooler back into the track again to handle the extra beverages to get through the added cautions desired by the masses. o_O

Saw this today.....

Bruton Smith, Speedway Motorsports Chairman and CEO, will announce details regarding Bristol Motor Speedway track changes during a press conference slated for 11:00 AM EST on Wednesday, April 25.

Bristol Motor Speedway will provide live video streaming of the announcement on its BristolLIVE! page and via the BMS USTREAM Channel.

I have a feeling that this could very easily turn out to be one of those, 'Be careful what you ask for', results come August. I sure hope that's not the case. I could be faced with the dilemma of having to start carrying my larger cooler back into the track again to handle the extra beverages to get through the added cautions desired by the masses. o_O

Dirnking enough green beer to offset all the yellow might be a good strategy.

Back
Top Bottom