Chase Elliott

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by Restrictor Plate King!, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Truex_rox

Truex_rox 19 looks better than ever.

Crazy that Jimmie Johnson is not even on there.

LewTheShoe and 2 Sweet like this.
  2. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Reality.

3. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

HMS has removed SunEnergy1 from their site as a partner, I guess they decided not to re-up.

Who likes winning anyways!

Seriously though that sucks, loved their paint schemes.

Johali likes this.
  4. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

Yep.

5. Taco

Taco Team Owner

[​IMG]

2 Sweet, Johali and Pat like this.
  6. Pat

Pat Team Owner

interesting ^^

Team Penske and Johali like this.
  7. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Noticed none of the Ford drivers made the top 5.:rolleyes:

Pat likes this.
  8. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

9. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

That was last night, it was a great show. Had a full house of Gordon, Brad, Joey, Knaus, Jamie Mac, Larry, etc.

Andy Petree flat out admitted that the Chevy teams do not share info and that Chevy does not push for them to. This was speculated about here last year when they were struggling and you compared them to the Toyota and Ford teams, but it was interesting to finally hear one of them come out and say it. Knaus said it's hard enough sharing information in-house with 4 teams under 1 roof, let alone all of the manufacturer teams.

Logano also said he expects Chase to more or less excel in this rules package since it features aspects of speedway racing which Chase has quickly become one of the better ones in the field at, and also because the feel of the cars is similar to the 2014/15 Xfinity cars in which he won his title and finished 2nd.

Elliott_Fan_9 likes this.
  10. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

yeah I saw that..I thought that whole conversation was B.S. about other teams working together and poor Chevy not doing so. In house is about as good as it is going to get unless the OEM is spearheading the meetings, and frankly the only one who has their nose in everybody's business is Toyota and that hasn't proved to be an advantage or disadvantage.

11. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner Contributor

This appears to be one expensive journey to re-creating an Xfinity Car...

Just set $10 million "budget" and run Jimmie Johnson's dream 25 Race Season (and knock off about 3 bedrooms/2 baths from the mansions these drivers live in).

Revman might be right, NASCAR-IROC may be the future -- they can get started by rolling out OEM-friendly bolt on body panels (RFID implants), with spec engine built and tuned for you (until the electric motor and chassis/battery are ready).

Perhaps NASCAR will give each team an approved wrench set to play with the suspension.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...site-body-first-look-benefits-new-technology/

AdoubleU24 likes this.
  12. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

2 Sweet and Johali like this.
  13. DanicaFreak

DanicaFreak Green monster

14. AndyMarquisLive

AndyMarquisLive Short Track Fanatic

Where's the outrage about Cup drivers in Xfinity?

15. DanicaFreak

DanicaFreak Green monster

Its chase. he gets a pass

LewTheShoe likes this.
  16. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Probably because he doesn't live in the lower series long after he has worn out his welcome?

FLRacingFan likes this.
  17. AndyMarquisLive

So it's okay for Chase to run a handful of races in NXS every year but not Kyle?

18. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

It's Juniors team, it's OK

LewTheShoe likes this.
  19. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Season hasn't even started and Andy is already pushing the narrative. Kill me.

20. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Why don't you count the number? and compare it to the driver fans complain about? There is your sign

FLRacingFan and gnomesayin like this.
  21. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

Not from me he doesn't, and I might be his biggest fan here. Chase, stay where you belong and lets somebody who needs a shot in a quality car have a chance to prove themselves.

22. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Spencer Gallagher was originally supposed to be in the car this weekend. I wonder what happened?

Chase has been a replacement driver for JRM, so its the next best bet. IMHO I would rather see Byron get more seat-time. Sponsors come first though.

FLRacingFan and gnomesayin like this.
  23. kyle busch 18

kyle busch 18 Spectator

lmao what a weak argument. Listen I'm as big of a kyle busch fan as anyone but it was ridiculous when he was racing 20 times a year in the minors. No cup champion with 50 wins should be doing that. And u guys compare that to chase elliot doing one race when he only has like 2 career cup wins lmfaooooo who cares, its not the same

24. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

No, not the same. but the easiest way to draw the line is at zero.

Dr_B_UNC likes this.
  25. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I know the first thing everybody thinks is the problem.

26. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

If he was still partying like its 1999, they would have suspended him for a looooong time.

27. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Chase has run 14 Xfinity races in three years since going full-time Cup.

Kyle has twelve seasons of 14+ Xfinity appearances since going full-time Cup.

:idunno:

28. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

^compared to an average of over 21 races a year for 16 years.

29. DIDIT

DIDIT Old School Fan

Chase at Daytona Hooters...with his side kick Blaney last night.

2 Sweet and Johali like this.
  30. Revman

Revman Mods are Motivators.

Toyota's deal is so different. You only have JGR (and LFR kind of). TRD is more heavily involved in support than the other manufacturers (Ford is catching up). Why would they not be at the table when the information is shared?

31. Revman

Revman Mods are Motivators.

Yes. It is okay. He's Chasing history.

32. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

The #8 car is one of those cars that run occasionally to help support the team as a whole.
    I am sure other Xfinity teams would like to be able to do it. I am not condoning Cup Teams like JGR, Penske or SHR do this. These are low budget Xfinity teams attempting to add to the small sponsor monies and purses being paid.

33. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Spenser Gallagher was supposed to be in the 8 car in the first place for Daytona. o_O

34. AndyMarquisLive

So how many races a year can a driver run before it's not okay to run XFINITY?

Y'all want Cuppers banned from XFINITY, but Chase running is cool? So is it a "Chase Elliott can run" or "Kyle Busch can't run" - which is it?

35. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

While you weren't paying attention, Cuppers have a reduced schedule even more so this year in the lower series while you are beating a dead horse.

2 Sweet likes this.
  36. AndyMarquisLive

So there won't be any bitching if/when Kyle Busch wins an Xfinity Series or Truck Series race this year, right?

37. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

Damn @AndyMarquisLive the Florida salt air is getting to ya.

38. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

I think people got tired of a select number of drivers running a vast number of races at the level, hence the restrictions. I don't think many people will have a problem with either running a handful this year.

LewTheShoe, Team Penske and 2 Sweet like this.
  39. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

Nobody gives a sh!t if Kyle Busch (or anyone else) runs a few Xfin/Truck races. We complain when he's doing it 20 times a year, just like we would if Harvick or Logano was doing it too. This isn't a difficult concept to understand

40. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

They will be even more of a non issue this year, both of the lower series have blocks of racing contests that Cuppers are banned from, I believe they are banned for all of the chase type races also and any all star cars with a non cup drivers are banned from homestead this year I believe. They have taken the reason for having all star cars that race for the owners championship money only out of the loop