Chase Elliott

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by AndyMarquisLive, Aug 4, 2019.

1. JBone88

JBone88 JR Nation's last ride

This.

2. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

Chase and his girlfriend, Kaylie Green who is David Green's daughter. They've been together for several years.

upload_2019-8-6_8-15-20.jpeg

3. Hotrod

Hotrod Team Owner

Learn something new every day. Nice couple.

Johali likes this.
  4. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

Chase ain't bad. I can see him winning a title or two.

Blaze and jaqua19 like this.
  5. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

I think Blaney is what he is, but Jones is gonna crack open next year I think too.

Jones is the most talented out of all of them imo. Chase is just "better" though. He's smarter, doesn't over drive, reports really well, clutch.. Rev and I talked about this, but he's looking like a JJ light.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

6. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

That's always refreshing to see a driver with a s/o that was around before his fame

Joker and Johali like this.
  7. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

The thing that got to me at Watkins Glenn that instead of focusing on Elliott and how he was staying ahead of Truex, the shills in the booth spent there time stroking Turex and not the two in a row factor and what a masterful job Chase was doing. As far as I am concerned Chase proved that on a road course he is right up there with the best of them. Can't believe they downplayed what he accomplished and spent their time talking about second. Qualified front row pole, completely dominated, won all of the stages and the race and we got Truex this and Truex that the whole race. Having a son racing a Toyota? Just about anybody else that had the situation in the past I could deal with it, but papa Burton bias seems way over the line to me anyway. Could be just me, rant over.

8. Johali

That and kybu back in 23rd place passing a backmarker, "AND HERE COMES KYLE BUSCH RACING TO THE FRONT AROUND COREY LAJOIE FOR 23rd PLACE". TV's cost too much nowadays for me to be throwing a BL bottle through it.

Hotrod, Dr_B_UNC, StandOnIt and 3 others like this.
  9. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Costco usually has some nice deals.

10. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

You guys want to hear a funny story/memory?

Just remembered this. I grew up in the 90s, and I HATED Bill Elliot. My dislike of him during my childhood has transitioned to a more tame "not a fan". But after Bill's interview Sunday, I remembered that growing up, I could not stand his voice. I thought he had the most annoying voice I've ever heard in my life. That interview took me back to my childhood.

I was thinking to myself, "look at him, why didn't I like this guy? Oh...that was why". A very ignorant 10 year old Jonathan lol

11. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Idk how many times I heard "Truex dogging Chase" and Truex "turning up the Wick" in that final segment.

It was more like Chase playing catch me if you can all afternoon.

Dr_B_UNC, 2 Sweet, Blaze and 2 others like this.
  12. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

\
    pretty much what I saw, and if Truex would have had to make it a dump job to get around him, it would have looked even worse that Hamlin's. He only got beside Elliott once and that was on a restart and that didn't work as soon as Elliot got up to speed. I don't think Truex wanted what Hamlin got, so the "wall of air"

2 Sweet and AdoubleU24 like this.
  13. Johali

On that last restart when MTJ was beating on him he said on the radio "why did he door slam me twice? Why don't he just race? He'll give us both a flat tire".

2 Sweet, AdoubleU24 and Ventisca like this.
  14. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

Because equipment > driver

Johali likes this.
  15. JBone88

Yawn.

AuzGrams likes this.
  16. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

I just don't think Truex could get to him at all.

17. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

It is one of the reasons I get a headache listening to the screaming gerbils. I think they get so high hyperventilating, they don't know what the hell is going on. I'm pissed because it was one of the top examples of a driver wheeling a solid axle lumberwagon around a road course, every bit as skillful as Richmond, Gordon, Stewart, Busch, Almendinger, or Ambrose IMO.

18. ChexOrWrex

Cole Pearn

Dr_B_UNC likes this.
  19. JBone88

Doesn’t drive the car.

AuzGrams likes this.
  20. ChexOrWrex

Proud of you.

21. JBone88

Thanks!

2 Sweet likes this.
  22. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

I listened to Alan's post race presser and he said that fender was digging into the tire pretty good. I've been wanting to see some close up photos of that portion of the car but haven't found any. There wasn't ever any smoke from what I could tell. Got damn lucky I think, that would've been such a miserable way to end a day like that.

23. Dr_B_UNC

Dr_B_UNC Team Owner

I wish I could repeatedly like this post. The bias was so obvious.

Johali likes this.
  24. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Hm, I guess my interest is piqued by this tease (still not an Athletic subscriber).

Ventisca and AuzGrams like this.
  25. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

Chase is young.
    Chaser is on a solid, well-resourced team.
    Chase is winning on different style tracks.
    Chase demonstrates discipline, poise, and desire to improve -- he's only going to get better. (imho)

-- Signed Ford Fan

Hotrod and gnomesayin like this.
  26. Johali

I'm not going to subscribe to a service just to read an article. Period.

Team Penske, 2 Sweet and AuzGrams like this.
  27. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Won on an oval - check
    Won on a Speedway - check
    Won 2 on a road course - check check
    Should have a couple on a particular short track in VA - check
    Won via late race restart without the best car - check
    Won by driving to the lead - check
    Won in dominant fashion from the pole - check

"One and only strongsuit durrrr". No way I'm paying to read that trash.

28. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

This is the jist of the critical part. There are some charts in there that show how well Chase compares to his peers (very), and even his predecessor Gordon (also favorable) at his age, but to get to the point...

In his synopsis, David mentions that another stage break has been discussed...is that news? I'm not sure I've heard that rumored before.

LewTheShoe and gnomesayin like this.
  29. Johali

I would have been pissed if I had payed to read that. Nothing new there just twisted a little.

StandOnIt and Ventisca like this.
  30. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

I don't have a problem with the subscription service, but I'm not subscribing either.

Oh and NASCAR can F off if they had another stage.

31. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

I predicted it was inevitable there would be more the day stages were announced. Does that count? ;)

FLRacingFan likes this.
  32. ChexOrWrex

I’ll take “Cry For Attention” for $500, Alex.

33. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Less than a cup of coffee a month for every sport I follow, and they have dedicated reporters for most of my teams. Not a bad deal at all.

LewTheShoe, Hotrod and gnomesayin like this.
  34. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Team Penske likes this.
  35. harkin

harkin SoCal Race Fan

He drove the heck out of that car to secure the win.

36. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

His restart struggles are definitely irritating at times, and it is very Gordon-like. That could be a concern going forward with this particular package where you do make serious hay on restarts, but time will tell. It hasn't cost him any wins this year thankfully.

gnomesayin likes this.
  37. Johali

I follow the Saints and Racing which is easy to keep up with. It's not about the money It's just another service that I don't need.

AuzGrams likes this.
  38. ChexOrWrex

[​IMG]

Johali likes this.
  39. Johali

I had to urban dictionary google that to see what the hell it was all about. :D

40. DaBiff1618

DaBiff1618 Team Owner

I’m flattered you think about me :). I saw a gate was wondering where the gate keeper went