Chase Elliott

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by AndyMarquisLive, Aug 4, 2019.

1. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Not to be confused with the pretenders that call themselves racing fans but never have anything positive to say about the racing.

AuzGrams likes this.
  2. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Amen Bro, preach it

Pat and Johali like this.
  3. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

Well said. :booya:

4. Nitro Dude

Nitro Dude Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance

I saw this you tube video of Chase giving a tour of his new bus that some of you might like to see.

Pat, Johali, Ventisca and 2 others like this.
  5. Hotrod

Hotrod Team Owner

Just WOW ! Not sure how ya top that race win Chase !

oh and the BURN OUT !

6. be9ak7ts16

be9ak7ts16 Johali Lives

Me thinks we are seeing a future legend here.

2 Sweet, Johali, Truex_rox and 4 others like this.
  7. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

I sure thought when he messed up the restart it was over. But by god he did it! Was so happy.

be9ak7ts16, Truex_rox and Hotrod like this.
  8. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

awfully impressive Chase's road racing record. That's two Watkins Glenn wins and a Roval

2 Sweet, Truex_rox, Joker and 4 others like this.
  9. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

anyone doubt that HMS has found the speed??

10. Dr_B_UNC

Dr_B_UNC Team Owner

Yes. When they’re in it on a 1.5 again I’ll believe. Then again, Chase would have factored in Vegas 2 had the 1 not crumpled his fender.

11. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

Half his Cup wins have come on road course didnt think that would be his thing

Hotrod and Blaze like this.
  12. Conover

Conover Team Owner

Chase is the real deal. He’s become his own man, developed and grown his skills and his personality. His comeback from the mistake, despite some fortunate cautions, was a memorable moment in his career.

13. 10-4

10-4 Crew Chief

Chase Elliot can wheel a ride and I liked this race but it really burns me up that he's in a Chebby.

14. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

If Harvick has to be screwed by cautions, I'd at least like the winner to be someone I like. I like Chase.

Hotrod likes this.
  15. Truex_rox

Truex_rox 19 looks better than ever.

That was a hell of a win. Like Blaze said, I thought he had choked it away, but he closed in, and when I saw that he was on the back of Truex and Harvick, I knew there was blood in the water.

16. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

You think about the names of the guys that typically win this time of year, and here Chase is now with 3 wins in the last 10 postseason races. If you average that out you've got someone who's gonna be in the thick of it often come Homestead.

3 wins in the last 5 road course races is also pretty stellar. Was running 3rd at Sonoma this year when he lost power too. Enough about Truex being the best road racer, there's a discussion to be had.

17. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

The ONLY thing keeping Chase from being a serious threat to go to the finals is there is still too many weeks when HMS seems to take the weekend off like they did at Richmond. IF they can give him a car that's close every week from here on out, he can strike a little fear into them.

2 Sweet, Joker and AuzGrams like this.
  18. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

I think this is super premature. It took him 3-4 years to become a consistent race winner and modern day legends were better earlier in their career.

I do think young drivers are jumping through the ranks too quickly.. Chase will have himself something like a 50 win 2 championship career. If that meets everyone's resume for a legend.. sure.

Cool win though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

19. be9ak7ts16

be9ak7ts16 Johali Lives

Never said he was going to be a legend, just said he might be. I saw the 16 year old Chase wheel a late model. I said back then he was going to be a star and was a fan.

ChexOrWrex, 2 Sweet, Johali and 3 others like this.
  20. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

I saw him when he was 16 as well, saw him win at that, was cool. Saw him again when he was 17 also haha. So proud of how far he’s come.

ChexOrWrex, be9ak7ts16 and Hotrod like this.
  21. Hotrod

Hotrod Team Owner

I want to say he was 15 when we saw him spank a field of late models at Lanier.
    He's been fun to watch grow no doubt.

be9ak7ts16 and Blaze like this.
  22. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

One thing to keep in mind is that at no time in Chase's Cup career has the team he drives for had even the SECOND best cars on a weekly basis. Probably not the third best either. That has limited his opportunities to rack up huge numbers. I'm also not sure in this era that we are going to see guys come in and be lights out right away they way we are used to. Who was the LAST guy to come in and win a lot early on? Even the vaunted KB didn't win much to start with. Neither did Lagano, Larson or Jones.

be9ak7ts16 likes this.
  23. Taco

Taco Team Owner

Blaze likes this.
  24. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

25. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

26. Bucky Badger

Bucky Badger Go Kyle Go

Thanks me too.

aunty dive likes this.
  27. Switchback

Switchback Team Owner

50 wins, 2 champs? That's a hell of a bold prediction .

28. DUN24

DUN24 Skeptical of the Spectacle

What a performance on Sunday. Dude is an animal.

be9ak7ts16, ChexOrWrex and acmerocket like this.
  29. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

50 wins & 2 championships is pretty freaking good.

be9ak7ts16 and Blaze like this.
  30. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

I’d get excited but this point system is ******. 1 off week outta 10 and you're kicked outta contention if you don’t pull out a miracle.

2 Sweet, AdoubleU24 and be9ak7ts16 like this.
  31. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

I disagree & I know the system could be better than a 1 race take home, but if you have a 40-50+ point advantage over some of the other guys. Kyle had 2 bad races & still moved on.

LewTheShoe likes this.
  32. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

Sure is! Just not sure if that would meet everyone's criteria for a legend. Is Bill, and Rusty? I suppose it's subjective.

33. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

Similar to his dad, imo. Are those legendary numbers? No. Imo to the leave that mark you need to either push 70 wins or 3 titles. That was a really cool win Sunday though.

34. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

Bill & Rusty are legends to me. There's a difference between being a legend and being in the GOAT conversation.

Blaze likes this.
  35. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

36. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

37. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

LOTS of people with numbers WAY below that are considered legends in this sport.

AuzGrams, 2 Sweet and Blaze like this.
  38. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

2 Sweet likes this.
  39. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

2 Sweet likes this.
  40. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner