Chase Elliott

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by AndyMarquisLive, Aug 4, 2019.

1. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

I’m less impressed with the schemes and more impressed with the graphic design job of making schemes not seen on a car yet look so photorealistic.

2. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Glad to see Hooters back in Nascar and going for their second champion driver.

sdj and 2 Sweet like this.
  3. Dr_B_UNC

Dr_B_UNC Team Owner

#3 evoked the original Kulwicki scheme to me, but stopping the orange stripe before rear quarter panel is a head scratcher.

2 Sweet and DIDIT like this.
  4. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

AdoubleU24 likes this.
  5. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

#1 is the only answer.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

6. Dr_B_UNC

Dr_B_UNC Team Owner

True. Although I’d be intrigued if #2 was matte black...

7. Ford 222

Ford 222 Team Owner

I looked the black one. But the White Kulwicki look is cool. Be really cool if they did a Kulwicki remembrance race/scheme. Too bad they can’t do an undercamero scheme this weekend...that was so cool that weekend.

Btw that flat black/green MD scheme was beautiful.

8. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

I haven't looked it up, but I'm going to speculate that Chase is now the owner of the worst playoff round in the history of the current format. I felt like they brought cars good enough to be at least top five in all three races, and got not one single thing to show for it. :eek:

9. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

10. Nitro Dude

Nitro Dude Hauler Driver and Cylinder Head Maintenance

That is definitely the scheme I like best also...I'm having a little trouble making a decision about the girls.:)

11. Truex_rox

Truex_rox 19 looks better than ever.

Chick #2 or #3 for me.

Oh, y'all are talking about the designs.

The first one is awesome.

The second one would be nice for a one-off or a few events, like the second Daytona race.

The third one resembles a mean streak of artist's block.

The fourth one really is wingin' it. "Say, we need something to fill the fourth slot. Slap this on really quick! Yeah, that's just right, a splotch across the back will do."

2 Sweet likes this.
  12. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

In a couple cases they brought inferior cars judging by the quality.

13. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

Inferior in durability, yes, not in speed. The truth is that unless he could have won one of the three races, it probably didn't matter, but I would have much preferred him to be where Blaney was with at least a fighting chance.

Team Penske likes this.
  14. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

I truly believe he wins Martinsville. Numerous people have made comments since that race about how good that car was. I think he beats Truex. They didn't even get a chance to tune on the damn thing and we saw how awesome that car was.

I want to be mad but ever since this format started, the 24/9 team has always brought fast cars and they've been in it until the end with very few issues. Eventually they were going to encounter some misfortune. Sucks it had to be this year, but they'll be in the thick of it again come this time next year.

Dr_B_UNC and 2 Sweet like this.
  15. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

The 9 team needs to worry about getting a lot more playoff and regular season bonus points like the 18 did this year.

Team Penske, AdoubleU24 and Dr_B_UNC like this.
  16. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

with optional Hooter girls

JJ_14, sdj, Truex_rox and 4 others like this.
  17. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

I voted for Daytona Sunrise but this one is cool too

2 Sweet likes this.
  18. ChexOrWrex

19. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

YUK with a capital Y. :( Like so many things in life, NASCAR sponsors seem to give us the best schemes first and then keep tinkering with them until they totally suck.

20. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

They all look the same when you remove their wrap.

Don't read too much into that.

21. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

There are subtle differences, each that can be enjoyed...we are talking about the car right?

22. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Apparently I wasn't subtle enough.

Yeah ... the car ... the car.

kkfan91 likes this.
  23. ChexOrWrex

Fairly bad assets placement lmao. Scheme needs to calm it’s tits.

4A174098-AEC5-4F3C-9E2B-35E3F8E72742.jpeg

24. Turtle84

Turtle84 Vortex Shill

I like anything matte black, reminds me of Truex's 78 car, except fancier and more orangy.

25. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

This would have looked badass on the Underbird.

26. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

The Underbird was MUCH better looking. Besides, I can't stand flat black. That's another one of those style trends that totally escapes me. When I see flat colors, I think primer.

2 Sweet likes this.
  27. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I read an article a long time ago about the art of getting a car to stand out on the track (graphic design). Most are hindered by their sponsor's colors that are usually kind of boring. Good Job Hooters.

28. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

I would counter that that car will mostly disappear out on the track.

29. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

To me, the Furniture Row cars always looked like they didn't have time to finish them. As I said, I totally don't get flat black, matte black, the carbon fiber look, black wheels, the rat rod rod look, anything like that. I saw a picture of the new 2020 Suburban the other day with black wheels. From a distance, it looked like somebody stole the hubcaps. NOT a good look.

Joker likes this.
  30. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Its your opinion.

I like the looks of a matte black finish, rat rods, black wheels because I ditest chrome. Chrome finishes are nice, but chrome accents and all that other mess is gaudy to me. When its done right, it looks fantastic. Just chrome to me doesn't look good.

The car is a looker and will stand out. Matte finishes on the gen-6 cars have always looked great. Honestly, finishes like that stand out amongst the crowd from the usual metallic or gloss finishes.

AdoubleU24 likes this.
  31. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

I like the look of the cars after they've scraped the wall a couple of times.

DanicaFreak and Kiante like this.
  32. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

That is an even more effective way for the sponsors advertising get air time. Totally beats the eye catching paint job. That pesky Larson is good at that.

33. ChexOrWrex

Lmao wut its bright ****** orange. Gtfo.

It’ll stand out like a sore thumb amidst the sea of unimaginative blue and white schemes.

aunty dive likes this.
  34. Turtle84

Turtle84 Vortex Shill

78 did look unfinished and basic design, but that's part of why I grew to like it. Just flat black with an orange number, nobody in elite equipment was running anything that looked similar.

Truex_rox likes this.
  35. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

I not really a chrome guy either. I'm much more into cast and machined aluminum, titanium, etc.

36. Mispeedway15

Mispeedway15 Team Owner

That’s a badass look on the 9

37. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I can't counter this enough. Stick out like the proverbial diamond in a goat's ass

Turtle84 and sdj like this.
  38. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

All right @aunty dive , this is a family style forum! :D

aunty dive likes this.
  39. 10-4

10-4 Crew Chief

I remember when the blacked out trend started around 15 years ago or so it was different I thought it was cool back then but it's way overdone anymore.

I absolutely hate the black wheels in Nascar. Seems like two or three years ago everyone except for Penske and the 42 team went to the black wheels. I like to see that brake dust darken wheels over the course of a short track run. It's like glowing rotors at night. Or diesel smoke from a semi. Haha!!

Joker likes this.
  40. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

I don't like flat finishes either. It reminds me of the kids that take a car with shiny gloss paint and ruin it with cheap rattle can spray paint or plastidip.

That black Hooters car certainly doesn't look bad though.