Chase Elliott

Well, errrr, that's his fan base?
Least its not our driver.
094V58W.jpg

Chase lost it going for the lead at Bristol. What else do you expect a driver to do? Its called racing not follow the guy in front of you and play it safe. I've said this many times for many drivers, even one I'm not a fan of. Keep digging Chase.

Tire went down. Just like when Kenseth took Joey out. ****** Goodyear.

If he doesn't pull off that pass he likely wasn't going to win anyway, so I don't think he lost the race, he just crashed when he should have finished second.

Wait, what?

In all fairness, he didn't loose it. He was outdriven by a champion on a 5 lap shootout and then wrecked going for it. It's just short track racing

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Wait, what? Volume II.

Sprint cars.
That's right. He is a great guy. My wife and kid had breakfast with him in Fontana a few years back. No ****....They were at a table, and he was at his. He asked if he could join them. They talked racing the whole time. I'm not a big breakfast guy so I stayed in the room. Do ya think somebody could have texted me or something? Noooooooooo. That impressed the hell out of me. I was really excited to get him at LFR, but of course, that didn't happen....

Tire went down. Just like when Kenseth took Joey out. ****** Goodyear.
Couldn't believe he said that.

Chase used to be so self depricating, and would find faults in his driving even when he didnt mess up. Curious, now that's he's tasted success, he's more resistive to take responsibility. He's become just a little bit entitled. Which isn't bad, it's fueling his drive. As I said in another thread (which meant no offense), the more reps Chase gets in a cup car, the better car control and making he will get.

But ultimately, this will happen. We shouldnt be fooled. Every driver messes up, even Kyle Busch. Every driver makes impulsive decisions and bonehead moves from time to time. It's just part of the nature and stress of being in a competitive 125 degree ****pit for 3 and a half hours.

Wait, what? Volume II.
You think that he was going to get around Joey without wrecking himself there?

The race was over when Joey cleared him. He was stronger on the short run, Joey had the preferred line. Chase dive bombed it in too deep, lost the nose, and wrecked himself and Joey out of win. If Chase lands it in the center, Joey drives around him on the outside. Wash, rinse repeat another 2 laps until Joey wins. The wreck didn't cost Chase the win, it cost him 2nd. Totally agree with the other poster there.

Chase said he THOUGHT he had a tire go down but wasn't sure. Then immediately dismissed it as soon as he saw the replay. There is nothing entitled about the guy and I'd argue you're a pretty bad judge of character if that's the conclusion you've come to about him after all that we've seen. Good lord.

Go nitpick somewhere else. I love how you were nowhere to be found when Kyle got his ass waxed in the truck race @Revman or when Chase won at Charlotte. I guess Kyle should've tried harder huh?

Chase said he THOUGHT he had a tire go down but wasn't sure. Then immediately dismissed it as soon as he saw the replay. There is nothing entitled about the guy and I'd argue you're a pretty bad judge of character if that's the conclusion you've come to about him after all that we've seen. Good lord.

Go nitpick somewhere else. I love how you were nowhere to be found when Kyle got his ass waxed in the truck race @Revman or when Chase won at Charlotte. I guess Kyle should've tried harder huh?
Don't. Feed. The. Troll.

This is the "get out of jail free" card guys like Rev so desperately wanted. Instead of talking about KyBu hooking a guy in the LEFT REAR on a straightaway at 170 mph, Chase screwed up big time "sending it" for a win and became the story.

This is exactly why I like Chase Elliott. He has a good head on his shoulders and he knows how to think things through and make the right choices and show class and respect. He will be a great role model in NASCAR and give the fans exciting racing for years to come, and will probably be a NASCAR Champion some time during his career. But, the fans that are still waiting for the Elliott / Busch WWE cage match are probably going to be a little disappointed...because it isn't happening.

I like both Joey and Chase, but I don't think Chase owed Joey an apology or much of one. Like Cole Pearn said Joey is probably the last driver you need to apologize to for wrecking somebody. (I do think Pearn forgot Stenhouse)

I like both Joey and Chase, but I don't think Chase owed Joey an apology or much of one. Like Cole Pearn said Joey is probably the last driver you need to apologize to for wrecking somebody. (I do think Pearn forgot Stenhouse)

I just think that if you lose control of your car and take somebody else out, you owe it to a guy to say, "My bad, that one is on ME", even if it IS Joey Logano, or Kyle Busch or anyone else that I don't like. I still feel bad for Joey getting caught up the day Jeff Gordon gave Clint Bowyer what he had coming to him. He didn't deserve to have that happen in that situation, and I'm not sure Jeff ever really owned up to that one very well either.

Not riding in either Joey's car or Chase's I have no idea how they have been racing each other all year. And as far as I am concerned I have no dog in the hunt, but I do believe history recalls that Sr. was pretty stingy with his "I'm so sorry's"

Edit, thought you responded to me.

Atleast the entitled comment seems to be in response to my own comment, since Rev didn't make it. Quote the people you are responding to dude. It's less confusing and less passive aggressive, especially if you are calling into question one's judge of character..which, I assure you mine is just fine.

Of course there is a bit of entitlement. Every young star from Jimmie Johnson, Carl Edwards, Tony Stewart, KB, BK etc have all been entitled. There's nothing wrong with that. Entitlement isn't a bad thing, and it fuels a competitive edge.

There's nothing negative about pointing out how a 24 year olds success will effect him. Chase isn't in his prime as a driver and he isn't in his prime as a man/adult..there's nothing wrong with pointing that out, especially when acknowledging that he will continue to get better. Constructive criticism isn't bad. Chase as a 24 year old..like every 24 year old in the history of man kind, isn't a flawless human being. And that's fine. He's a great racecar drivers who's best years as a driver and a man are still ahead of him.

Last edited:
Not riding in either Joey's car or Chase's I have no idea how they have been racing each other all year. And as far as I am concerned I have no dog in the hunt, but I do believe history recalls that Sr. was pretty stingy with his "I'm so sorry's"

Not so much in public, but he often tried to make amends with angry drivers when nobody was looking. Besides, how many people can actually pull off that persona? As far as Chase and Joey, if Chase roughed him up, or spun him out because he thought Joey deserved it, that's one thing, but when you make a mistake or you just try something that doesn't work, in my mind you have to own that. That's why I was not in the retaliate against Kyle crowd for what happened at Darlington. Kyle owned it, and to me, that means he owes you one, but you don't wreck him on purpose either.

I dont fault Chase for it.. I get **** happens but the way it played out it seemed like he didnt care just because it was Joey and that's what I dont like.. if it were one of about 6 other drivers that Joey has actually had issues with I would understand that mentality.. but to not care because of how he has raced OTHER people is just stupid and childish to me.

I dont fault Chase for it.. I get **** happens but the way it played out it seemed like he didnt care just because it was Joey and that's what I dont like.. if it were one of about 6 other drivers that Joey has actually had issues with I would understand that mentality.. but to not care because of how he has raced OTHER people is just stupid and childish to me.
I see your point. I will argue that it doesn’t have to be about the publicized incidents “for the win” that you mention (drivers who’d owe Joey.) In my biased opinion Joey is the new Ryan Newman, he just has the resume to back it up. Joey gives zero quarter and “races people hard,” so they don’t cut him any slack in return or offer much remorse.

I see your point. I will argue that it doesn’t have to be about the publicized incidents “for the win” that you mention (drivers who’d owe Joey.) In my biased opinion Joey is the new Ryan Newman, he just has the resume to back it up. Joey gives zero quarter and “races people hard,” so they don’t cut him any slack in return or offer much remorse.
I just didnt expect that from Chase

Couldn't believe he said that.

Chase used to be so self depricating, and would find faults in his driving even when he didnt mess up. Curious, now that's he's tasted success, he's more resistive to take responsibility. He's become just a little bit entitled. Which isn't bad, it's fueling his drive. As I said in another thread (which meant no offense), the more reps Chase gets in a cup car, the better car control and making he will get.

But ultimately, this will happen. We shouldnt be fooled. Every driver messes up, even Kyle Busch. Every driver makes impulsive decisions and bonehead moves from time to time. It's just part of the nature and stress of being in a competitive 125 degree ****pit for 3 and a half hours.

That's because he has fallen in love with his popularity. Who wouldn't? We saw that in Martinsville when he couldn't hold onto Denny's bump, and started waving his arms at the crowd. That self deprecating stuff was a PR move. Claire B fell in love with him...."He tries so hard...." (Tear). Once he tasted some success, the crowd started cheering....he became entitled. When Chase loses, it is just so awful...Drivers who are up front get screwed out of wins all of the time. OUR Champion could have had 10 wins last year, but we don't lament his loses--we celebrate, right? Chasey on the other hand.....He just tries so hard....and he is such a good boy.....just the way his Daddy raised him. Barf.

That's because he has fallen in love with his popularity. Who wouldn't? We saw that in Martinsville when he couldn't hold onto Denny's bump, and started waving his arms at the crowd. That self deprecating stuff was a PR move. Claire B fell in love with him...."He tries so hard...." (Tear). Once he tasted some success, the crowd started cheering....he became entitled. When Chase loses, it is just so awful...Drivers who are up front get screwed out of wins all of the time. OUR Champion could have had 10 wins last year, but we don't lament his loses--we celebrate, right? Chasey on the other hand.....He just tries so hard....and he is such a good boy.....just the way his Daddy raised him. Barf.

Whats with all the "he owes me an apology" talk?
I dont know about owes one.. but he would have been smart to at least seem slightly regretful. He's not as good at driving aggressively as Joey is and I won't be surprised when this bites him in the ass.. the only difference is Joey knows how to do it so that he'll still finish ahead of the other guy. Something Chase obviously hasn't figured out yet.

Either that or he was actually dumb enough to think that move had any other outcome.

I dont know about owes one.. but he would have been smart to at least seem slightly regretful. He's not as good at driving aggressively as Joey is and I won't be surprised when this bites him in the ass.. the only difference is Joey knows how to do it so that he'll still finish ahead of the other guy. Something Chase obviously hasn't figured out yet.

Either that or he was actually dumb enough to think that move had any other outcome.
I'd tell him i made a bold move trying to win the race and she didnt stick. See you next week

I'd tell him i made a bold move trying to win the race and she didnt stick. See you next week

I'd tell him next time don't bang me under yellow and slide job my line, and I might have tried it cleaner. Race you how you race me.

You’re trying way, way too hard Rev.

Back
Top Bottom