Chevy Fans

And people laugh at me when I suggest that Ryan Blaney might have to cut his season short.

It's a maybe at this point.

Mike Bloomberg has yet to decide to throw the full weight of his bank balance behind Ryan. I'm pretty optimistic that he will.

One connecting rod was 2.7 grams below the 525 gram minimum weight permitted by the rules.

One as in one. You don't have to be an engine builder to understand that a mistake occurred.

Lee White read the weights off of the build sheet on NASCAR Radio, and the appeal was successful given the lack of a performance advantage. Seems that this little motors like to be balanced. Go figure.

Well, one race is obviously too small of a sample size, but the Chevy gang sure looked good yesterday. I would say if what we saw wasn't a fluke and that was only the beginning, there's no telling how good they might get by the end of the year.

Still pissed about that valve stem, though :mad:

Well, one race is obviously too small of a sample size, but the Chevy gang sure looked good yesterday. I would say if what we saw wasn't a fluke and that was only the beginning, there's no telling how good they might get by the end of the year.

You have reason for optimism thats for sure.

I am wondering if Toyota has lost favor with Nascar?
Sumsing wong if Nascar made them use unaltered body panels. :rolleyes:
I'll bet JGR will be working overtime to change the cars for next week and find a different way to message those panels.

I bet JGR is having a half price Bondo sale.

Paging Revman.

That and the last caution for me.

I am wondering if Toyota has lost favor with Nascar?
Sumsing wong if Nascar made them use unaltered body panels. :rolleyes:
I'll bet JGR will be working overtime to change the cars for next week and find a different way to message those panels.

The Yoders got off so light again. They had illegal front splitters in 18 and all they did was confiscate them and send them to the rear. Now they catch ALL of the JGR cars modifying the front fender (docked Friday practice time?). That wasn't any oversight, the left front is the most important fender for downforce. Then they found even more Bondo on the front of three cars and what? 10 measly points and to the rear. They should have been docked a race of points and sent to the rear at least. Attempting to change? give me a break, they CHANGED the shape of the front fender

The Camrys of Busch, Hamlin and Bell, along with those of JGR teammates Truex and Erik Jones, were docked practice time on Friday for attempting to change the shape of the front fenders with body filler.
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...-las-vegas-motor-speedway-prerace-inspection/

The Yoders got off so light again. They had illegal front splitters in 18 and all they did was confiscate them and send them to the rear. Now they catch ALL of the JGR cars modifying the front fender (docked Friday practice time?). That wasn't any oversight, the left front is the most important fender for downforce. Then they found even more Bondo on the front of three cars and what? 10 measly points and to the rear. They should have been docked a race of points and sent to the rear at least. Attempting to change? give me a break, they CHANGED the shape of the front fender

The Camrys of Busch, Hamlin and Bell, along with those of JGR teammates Truex and Erik Jones, were docked practice time on Friday for attempting to change the shape of the front fenders with body filler.
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...-las-vegas-motor-speedway-prerace-inspection/
This might not be over yet.

Looks like Ol Pious Joe's team got caught red handed. Maybe he got an epiphany from God that the Chevy's were going to be stronger than expected and JGR decided to act. Let us Pray...

People are always slamming on my guy Chad, but the TRD/JGR bunch has gotten their hands slapped more than Chad could ever dream of.........

Looks like Ol Pious Joe's team got caught red handed. Maybe he got an epiphany from God that the Chevy's were going to be stronger than expected and JGR decided to act. Let us Pray...
Brutal.

I thought you were better than that.

Truly heart-rending.

It’s as if they put 4 cars in the top 5.

People are always slamming on my guy Chad, but the TRD/JGR bunch has gotten their hands slapped more than Chad could ever dream of.........
Speaking of slapping, I wonder how much Bondo they did slap on those Yotas. Must have been a whole lot of an advantage, it was like they showed up with 6 cylinders.

Confirmation bias.

Completely unsupported by fact.

Well, so far I only had time to go through 2019, but I found TWO examples of TRD/JGR cars being disqualified (one Cup- Jones, one Xfinity-Bell). I didn't see Chad's name mentioned at all. I'll get back to you when I've had more time to research farther back.

Well, so far I only had time to go through 2019, but I found TWO examples of TRD/JGR cars being disqualified (one Cup- Jones, one Xfinity-Bell). I didn't see Chad's name mentioned at all. I'll get back to you when I've had more time to research farther back.
2018 they had their front "blades" confiscated on all 4 cars.

Confirmation bias.

Completely unsupported by fact.

I recommend going directly to the 2012 Daytona 500.

Chad’s “C” pillars were cut off the car and confiscated. Stamped steel components provided by an outside supplier intended to prevent cheating in a sensitive area. 100K fine and a four race suspension for Knaus and Malec.

I recommend going directly to the 2012 Daytona 500.

Chad’s “C” pillars were cut off the car and confiscated. Stamped steel components provided by an outside supplier intended to prevent cheating in a sensitive area. 100K fine and a four race suspension for Knaus and Malec.

The points penalty and the suspensions were later rescinded on appeal. Only the fine remained. NASCAR MIGHT have had a case, but they botched the investigation.

My point should be obvious. Singling out one competitor to create a morality play out of an auto race is, in a word, embarrassing.

I admired Chad’s ingenuity.

My point should be obvious. Singling out one competitor to create a morality play out of an auto race is, in a word, embarrassing.

Gary Nelson would be proud, and Dale Inman, Buddy Parrot, Jr Johnson, Herb Nab, Tim Brewer, Smokey Yunick, Glen Wood, Barry Dodson, Hoss Ellington, Greg Zippadeli, etc.......

My point should be obvious too. While Chad is everyone's favorite whipping boy for cheating, I would contend he is no worse than anyone else. even Preacher Joe's bunch. I just get a little tired of seeing Chad singled out.

Back
Top Bottom