Chicago RACE thread.

I actually don't ever remember this happening while I was watching; If they stop the race now, do they start from the beginning tomorrow or from lap 110 or whatever?

Nope, resume at whatever lap they are in now.

Something similar happened a few years ago at Richmond. Race started, got postponed then got restarted under caution the next day.

Remember that "arm" of rain....got here quicker than I thought....better now than after 1/2 way.

I actually don't ever remember this happening while I was watching; If they stop the race now, do they start from the beginning tomorrow or from lap 110 or whatever?
They restart from where they stopped. Chicago has lights, so they can wait hours before they restart. Usually if they can't get going by 9:30 local, they'll quit for the day. I think they'll finish tonight, but it will be several hours. Time to watch the Manning brothers and unload the dishwasher.

How hard can it be not to speed on pit row. Kurt does that crap all the time, ridiculous.
I would say since just about every professional driver has done it then it must be pretty hard.

Nope, resume at whatever lap they are in now.

Something similar happened a few years ago at Richmond. Race started, got postponed then got restarted under caution the next day.

They restart from where they stopped. Chicago has lights, so they can wait hours before they restart. Usually if they can't get going by 9:30 local, they'll quit for the day. I think they'll finish tonight, but it will be several hours. Time to watch the Manning brothers and unload the dishwasher.

Shanks guys!

radar.gif

The track is in the county to the southwest of Chicago, just east of that freeway intersection.

EDIT: It's going to be hours before the race resumes.

If the air titan had been used, this race would be more than halfway. We'll see how that works out.

Screw the air Titan, NASCAR needs to spray some NeverWet on their tires

View attachment 8161

The track is in the county to the southwest of Chicago, just east of that freeway intersection.

EDIT: It's going to be hours before the race resumes.

Umm that looks decent enough that they could resume later tonight.

If that's all that there is then I'm confident they will get it in tonight.

What's the track curfew though?

Oh well...doesn't look like a gullywasher but this will definitely take awhile. I do like the red flag clock/ticker though...it's hypnotic. :owned:

This just in....NASCAR official missing....wait....where's the 48 crew?????

Cue the comments of Jimmie not having the desire to win because he wants to go home and see his family.

why the heck not? cause Nascar says ya can't? you buying that noise?
A - How fast would windshield wipers have to go to keep up with rain splatter at 190mph?
B - Even with rain tires, how much traction do you think the tires would generate? Watch an IndyCar or F1 race in the rain. They take the turns way slower than normal. If they go too fast, they slip and spin. The modern NASCAR tri-oval is basically 80% turns. It'd be a slow bore fest. Anybody attempting to speed up or pass would just spin around like bumper cars.

A - How fast would windshield wipers have to go to keep up with rain splatter at 190mph?
B - Even with rain tires, how much traction do you think the tries would generate? Watch an IndyCar or F1 race in the rain. They take the turns way slower than normal. If they go too fast, they slip and spin. The modern NASCAR tri-oval is basically 80% turns. It'd be a slow bore fest. Anybody attempting to speed up or pass would just spin around like bumper cars.
somebody would win the race..ask them how they did it ok?

Listening to him on raceday is the best. He was flipping sh*t about the lugnut, I thought my eardrum was gonna pop.
LOL. I seriously need to consider getting Raceview just to listen to the radio traffic. I spent a good few hours yesterday watching/listening to Kyle and Kurt radio meltdowns on Youtube.

somebody would win the race..ask them how they did it ok?
Of course somebody would win. Would NASCAR's fans and TV partners appreciate a 5 hour race of stock cars driving in a single file line in an oval in pouring rain?

I'm serious, watch an IndyCar or F1 race in the rain. Unless you're Ayrton Senna or Michael Schumacher, NOBODY passes in the rain. Especially not in a loose-ass stock car on a banked tri-oval.

Umm that looks decent enough that they could resume later tonight.

If that's all that there is then I'm confident they will get it in tonight.

What's the track curfew though?

Did I say otherwise? I said "It's going to be hours before the race resumes". That meant I expect the race to resume tonight.

The track has lights, so they can race after dark.

Why can't they race on a damp track with the right tires? It takes 20 minutes to blow off most of the water, but the 'bone dry' drying time kills these races.

Of course somebody would win. Would NASCAR's fans and TV partners appreciate a 5 hour race of stock cars driving in a single file line in an oval in pouring rain?

I'm serious, watch an IndyCar or F1 race in the rain. Unless you're Ayrton Senna or Michael Schumacher, NOBODY passes in the rain. Especially not in a loose-ass stock car on a banked tri-oval.
I have been watching cars race in the rain since way before you were born. It rains at Lemans more than it doesn't..track drys up when it quits and the line gets wider quick. Not all this hours of track drying houwey balooy. And by the way, when everybody goes to work tomorrow and the fans go home, how do the precious sponsors you are worried about feel about that?

I have been watching cars race in the rain since way before you were born. It rains at Lemans more than it doesn't..track drys up when it quits and the line gets wider quick. Not all this hours of track drying houwey balooy.
Oh, did LeMans race on an oval back in the old days?

Back
Top Bottom