Clippers owner Donald Sterling is in deep trouble again

does rochelle sterling own 1/2 of clippers ? community law in calif.
can nba force her to sell ?

banned for life ? after only 3 day nba back room talks.....no hearings / etc .

list goes on -n- on.

The part that I can't get past is the fact that everyone feels that is ok and just to punish an American because they disagree with his words. Many brave men died so that Americans could freely express themselves and now we seem to have a majority rallying together to hang someone for their opinion. Anyone that agrees with the NBA's decision is basically saying, "Either you say the things that we like or don't say anything at all. Or we will affect your livelihood. Think like us, or you will be punished."
****k that. Speak your mind whether anyone likes it or not. Or join the flock of ****king sheep.
Sterling is an a**hole. There is no law against being an a**hole. There's no law against not liking a specific demographic.

Yet, you're OK with forcing the NBA to associate themselves with someone that negatively impacts their private business. Makes sense to me!

"Hey Sterling! You're free to say what you want, but hey, you, over there, the NBA! You don't have the freedom to do what you want with your own business! Nobody died for that!"

Yet, you're OK with forcing the NBA to associate themselves with someone that negatively impacts their private business. Makes sense to me!

"Hey Sterling! You're free to say what you want, but hey, you, over there, the NBA! You don't have the freedom to do what you want with your own business! Nobody died for that!"
Drop your purse, girl. Be a man for a change.

I want to live in a country where I'm free to speak my mind without fear of persecution. Shame on me. How un-American.

So who else thinks we'll see V. Stiviano on Dancing With The Stars, Celebrity Apprentice, or something similar somewhere down the road?

I want to live in a country where I'm free to speak my mind without fear of persecution. Shame on me. How un-American.

I want to live in a country where I can run my business the way I see fit. Shame on me. How un-American.

Gosh, you're so clever! 4 year old standing over your shoulder telling you what jokes to type?

"I got nothing, so I'll be a child and throw out insults!" 'Murica.
I actually DO have something; a mind of my own, free to think and speak what is on my mind, without fear of somehow being penalized.
Rock on sheep

I actually DO have something; a mind of my own, free to think and speak what is on my mind, without fear of somehow being penalized.
Rock on sheep

Yes, I'm a sheep because I think everyone, including business owners, should have rights. That makes sense. Give me that over thinking only one side should have rights. Hypocrite. Perhaps you should try doing something with that mind instead of letting it go to waste. Try using it occassionally. I promise, it won't hurt.

You guys and your "first amendment", "freedom of speech" rally cries are just absolutely hysterical. This has nothinng to do with constitutional rights and the first amendment.

I got nothing, so I won't debate your argument, I'll just be unoriginal and mess with your quote. Cause I have a great mind!!! Excuse me for being a hypocrite though. I clearly don't understand the freedoms I have.

:fixed: Derp.

;)

Its funny you want to call someone a sheep just because their opinion is different than yours. Lol

Did I mention, Baaaaaa?

Thank you. Debates clearly over. It was fun. Come on back if you ever grow up. Well, come on back when you are actually able to debate my last statement. Perhaps study up on your freedoms and what the freedom of speech actually means first though. Maybe then you won't look like a fool. Of course, I'm sure you will find someway to look like one regardless. Enjoy!

*Cue juvenile insult or repetitious sheep comment*

Another thing I'm concerned about. Is your username, "Breathe Of Life" or supposed to be "Breath Of Life?" Enlighten me.

Dumbfuk, you agree with slaying Sterling because his opinion differs from yours.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

Hey "dumbfuk", where have I said that I agree or disagree? If you're going to argue, at least get your facts straight. I've not once said whether I thought Sterling was right or wrong. My arguement has nothing to do with my opinion of Sterling. My argument is that the NBA has the right to do what they want with their business. Thanks for verifying how clueless you are.

Hey "dumbfuk", where have I said that I agree or disagree? If you're going to argue, at least get your facts straight. I've not once said whether I thought Sterling was right or wrong. My arguement has nothing to do with my opinion of Sterling. My argument is that the NBA has the right to do what they want with their business. Thanks for verifying how clueless you are.
Leave your "business" correspondence to someone that can at least spell. ;)

Leave your "business" correspondence to someone that can at least spell. ;)

Spellings right "dumbfuk". Ones a noun, ones a verb. Derp. You know nothing about why I use that username, and why the verb is used instead of the noun, so again, keep looking like an idiot. Lol. I love having internet debates with those that don't have the ability! (I'm kidding. It's pretty boring, but you have certainly helped my night at work go by!)

Spellings right "dumbfuk". Ones a noun, ones a verb. Derp. You know nothing about why I use that username, and why the verb is used instead of the noun, so again, keep looking like an idiot. Lol. I love having internet debates with those that don't have the ability! (I'm kidding. It's pretty boring, but you have certainly helped my night at work go by!)
Ok, genius. S'plain the username and why you can't spell it....

I'm concerned that you cannot spell, yet you want to label me as a fool, as alluded to in post #95.

I'm glad you're atvleast able to understand that. I mean, considering you aren't even bright enough to understand what you are arguing about and all.

See post #102

Obviously "genius", you're the last person I'm worried about explaining anything to. Hell, you thought it was misspelled. When you become a grown up, maybe we can discuss why my username is what it is.

You're going to be waiting a while. I'm logged in aren't I? Obviously I spelled my username correctly Corky.
o_O
Stupid takes real time to explain.
But...you're hellbent & ready to tell me why my views on the Sterling saga are wrong. I get it. It's because you're used to being herded in a direction not of your choosing.
I, on the other hand, make my own decisions. I don't GAF whether or not I fit in. I make decisions for myself and they are never based on what everyone else is doing. Try it, at least once.
:)

o_O
Stupid takes real time to explain.
But...you're hellbent & ready to tell me why my views on the Sterling saga are wrong. I get it. It's because you're used to being herded in a direction not of your choosing.
I, on the other hand, make my own decisions. I don't GAF whether or not I fit in. I make decisions for myself and they are never based on what everyone else is doing. Try it, at least once.
:)

Try it? Try using your brain for once. Answer this. How can you call someone a sheep about something, when you don't even know what their viewpoint is on it? A sheep would be if I said Sterling needed out because he's a racist. That's what the majority think. That would make me a "sheep". Yet, I've not once said anything of the such in this thread. You are just making assumptions, and well, you know what they say about when you assume! But you just continue calling me a sheep!

Even so, just because someone agrees with the majority on a certain subject doesn't make them a 'sheep' Corky. Smh.

So you're against someone having an opinion.
Tell me exactly what it is that you feel Donald Sterling should be punished for.
What laws did he break?

So you're against someone having an opinion.
Tell me exactly what it is that you feel Donald Sterling should be punished for.
What laws did he break?

As I have already said, the NBA has the right to do what they want with anyone that is associated with if that person has a negative impact on their business. Clearly, Sterling now causes a negative impact on that business.

He is free to say whatever he wants. In return, he must suffer the consequences of what he chooses to say if it creates backlash. Perhaps you should go back to that little cartoon (;)). Free speech doesn't protect him from criticism or consequences.

Since you were so adamant about it. My username? My son was 4, and anytime he would mention "breath", or "breathe", he would almost always mix them up. We always chuckled about it. My son came down with a sickness. He said to me one day, "dad, if I get too sick and can't breath on my own, will you give me some breathe of life?" It was sad coming from my 4 year old son, but now its something we tease him about. Don't know, just used it as a username on everything since then. Hope that helped clear things up for ya buddy!

None of Donald Sterling's opponents have addressed the whore. Isn't her involvement at least as detestable as Sterling's comments? Did she not knowingly engage in a questionable relationship with a married man? Did she accept an expensive residence, two Bentley automobiles and a Ferrari? Seriously, who is the real criminal here?
You only see what Donald Sterling said as the real crime here.
That racist bastard should be severely punished!!
Because some ****bag whore illegally recorded a private conversation and allowed it to become publically available.
You claim to be a "business owner." Clearly not on the level of Donald Sterling, but what if your little empire was destroyed because the public decided that your comments were unacceptable?
People are now penalized in the U.S. for their words.
Nice attempt on your explanation of your own inability to spell. Aren't you glad that the majority doesn't penalize you for your words?

And...for a second, I don't believe your bull****t story about your 4 year old son. I believe you have the spelling abilities of a 4 yr old. So should you be penalized because I think your spelling sucks or do we just look at it as a shortcoming for you that really doesn't break any laws? Or should we poll the majority via social media?

None of Donald Sterling's opponents have addressed the whore. Isn't her involvement at least as detestable as Sterling's comments? Did she not knowingly engage in a questionable relationship with a married man? Did she accept an expensive residence, two Bentley automobiles and a Ferrari? Seriously, who is the real criminal here?
You only see what Donald Sterling said as the real crime here.
That racist bastard should be severely punished!!
Because some ****bag whore illegally recorded a private conversation and allowed it to become publically available.
You claim to be a "business owner." Clearly not on the level of Donald Sterling, but what if your little empire was destroyed because the public decided that your comments were unacceptable?
People are now penalized in the U.S. for their words.

Maybe you should go back and read what I have said. I never once made a claim to be a business owner. Not sure where you got that from. I've also never said he deserved to be severely punished. I've simply stated that, while he is free to say what he wants, the NBA is free to act how they seem fit in the best interest of their business as well. Freedoms work both ways. Reading is tough apparently.

Yes, she obtained it illegally. I think she should be held accountable for her part as well. That doesn't change the fact that what he said is now public and that it is now having a negative impact on the NBA's business.

Nice attempt on your explanation of your own inability to spell. Aren't you glad that the majority doesn't penalize you for your words?

Again Corky, there is nothing spelled incorrectly. You wanted an explanation, I gave it to you. Gee, how did I guess that that would be your response. *Breaking News* I don't really care.

Maybe you should go back and read what I have said. I never once made a claim to be a business owner...
"...I want to live in a country where I can run my business the way I see fit..."
WTF does that mean? You don't have a business but you wish you did?????

"...I want to live in a country where I can run my business the way I see fit..."
WTF does that mean? You don't have a business but you wish you did?????

Obviously, it means if I was a businessman, I'd want to be able to run it how I would want to. Now really sure whats so hard to understand about that?

Well of course it's an if. What the hell does that have to do with anything? I guess hypothetical speaking is something thats too difficult to understand.

You're obviously grasping at straws now, so with that, I will say goodnight!

This is going to get interesting this week we the owners vote.
From here.....
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-...ure-to-be-subject-of-nba-team-owners-meeting/

"The next step is, is to get the owners to vote and to get him to sell the franchise."

And that's what Silver plans to do. He said in a press conference this week that the owners "have the authority subject to three-quarters vote to remove him as an owner."

That's 23 of the 30 teams in the NBA. When asked anonymously, 16 owners told the Associated Press they would vote in favor of forcing Sterling to sell the Clippers. Eight declined to reveal their position.

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban tweeted after the league's announcement that he agreed 100 percent with Silver's findings and actions. But on Monday, he expressed concerns about setting a precedent

"I think it's a slippery slope when you start trying to remove people from the NBA or any organization based off of their private thoughts that they have at home," he said.

The league's bylaws spell out exactly what will happen if Sterling's ownership rights are terminated: the commissioner will take control of the clippers, set a price and put the team up for sale. But one long-time NBA executive tells CBS News, "The league expects a fight on this."

And that fight could end up in federal court, says Gabe Feldman, the director of the Sports Law Program at Tulane University. He said, "The question is does his racism give the other owners the legal right to vote him out. And we don't know the answer to that yet."

My Opinion?....No
First off, 29 x .75 is 21.75, so 22 votes would be just over 75%, 75.86 to be exact. Not trying to be a dick, just pointing that out.

Secondly, while it is a slippery slope, the NBA is in a really rough spot at this point and the only way out of it is to sacrifice Sterling as a blood offering to the angry mob. He created the mob himself, no one else did. Whether or not she illegally taped him, which it certainly appears she did, he still said what he said and these are the consequences of his actions. On the tape, he claims that he wants her to avoid being seen in public with black people because we live in a society that will judge him by the company his mistress keeps. On the tape, he also claims that he doesn't want to try to change the racist culture because he can't, that it just is what it is (and also because it benefits him). Now he thinks that society and culture should not be heeded when it comes to his racist rants.

Back
Top Bottom