College Football 2016

The main reason why there are currently only 4 teams is due to the safety factor. Colleges don't want to risk ruining the lives of these kids, 99.9% of whom will never make it to the NFL.
Yet somehow the FCS schools make a 24 team playoff work.

I would love it if the Gators chomped up Alabama Saturday. I know, Alabama is a 21 point favorite. It's wishful thinking but I can still dream. :)

With all the talk about the importance of conference championships, can you imagine the pandemonium if somehow Florida and Virginia Tech both win on Saturday? They're ranked 15th and 23rd respectively, so winning their CC's wouldn't be enough to propel them into the Top 4.

Who is playing today? I am guessing the Big 10 is, who else?
Clemson vs Virginia Tech
Wisconsin vs Penn State
Those are really the only games that matter today if you are interested in the playoffs. Nothing is set in stone, but it sounds like....

-Alabama, Ohio State, and Washington have solidified their place into the playoffs
-Clemson is in if they win
-Wisconsin is in if they win and Clemson loses
-Michigan is in if Clemson and Wisconsin lose

No matter the outcome of the remaining games I still think the playoff teams should be Alabama, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan. The last 3 are the only teams in the country who I think can realistically give Alabama a run for their money, but I honestly think Alabama is too good to not win the championship this year.

I don't even know why Wisconsin has a quarterback on their roster. They would score every possession if they just ran on every play.

Gutsy call there. I like it even though it didn't work out for PSU.

I think Bama is better than half the NFL teams.
I don't think the best college team of all-time could ever beat the worst NFL team of all-time. Alabama might have 5 players who make it to the NFL that remain in the league beyond their first contract.

I don't think the best college team of all-time could ever beat the worst NFL team of all-time. Alabama might have 5 players who make it to the NFL that remain in the league beyond their first contract.
Have you seen the Browns play? lol

Have you seen the Browns play? lol
I have and I was going to mention them in my post but decided not to. The Browns currently have 53 (or whatever the # is) NFL players on their roster. Alabama probably has around 5. Who do you think would win that matchup?

Congratulations to Bama, PSU, Clemson, and Washington on their playoff births..
Part of me thinks the committee will include PSU in the playoffs just for the "story". The media would salivate over that for months.

Congratulations to Bama, PSU, Clemson, and Washington on their playoff berths..
Bama and Clemson for sure, but I still think Ohio State might bump PSU or Washington. Even though PSU beat Ohio State they're still a two loss team, and Washington's strength of schedule was incredibly weak.

Hopefully Penn State gets in over Washington.
They've got a helluva case, they just won what was probably the best conference in college football this year. On the flip side though, those two losses aren't doing them any favors. One was to a barely ranked Pitt team (unranked at the time), and in the other they were absolutely throttled by Michigan.

Bama and Clemson for sure, but I still think Ohio State might bump PSU or Washington. Even though PSU beat Ohio State they're still a two loss team, and Washington's strength of schedule was incredibly weak.

Ohio State is the more sexier of the two. They'll bring in more money and they travel better. PSU is the better story line, but I don't see them in the playoffs.

Alabama
Clemson
Ohio State
Washington

Part of me wants to say Michigan jumps over Washington, only because of the same reason Ohio State will get picked over PSU.

Clemson beats Alabama for the ring. :D

Good luck Clemson, you're gonna need it.
c13d4b1c238def928e883028e6fcabe3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom