College Football 2016

Home cooking all ******* day ****k Ohio state
I hate being that guy, but they did have a hand in it. No PI call on 3rd and 4 when they held Perry's arm in 2 OT, resulting in a FG. Throwing Darboh to the ground on 3rd down in the 1st quarter. The PI call on the uncatchable ball against Michigan. All very crucial plays.

Regardless, this loss isn't on the refs, it's on Speight.

I hate being that guy, but they did have a hand in it. No PI call on 3rd and 4 when they held Perry's arm in 2 OT, resulting in a FG. Throwing Darboh to the ground on 3rd down in the 1st quarter. The PI call on the uncatchable ball against Michigan. All very crucial plays.

Even as a Buckeye fan, I agree about the refs. The no-call PI and the 4th & 1 spot were.....questionable. We were definitely lucky to come away with this one.

True. Speight made the two most crucial mistakes. And to think he supposedly won the job due to his understanding of ball security. The second one when we were up 10 was just killer. A punt would have been fine with the way the D was playing, but he gives them the ball at the 13 with all of the momentum.

Looks like Penn State and Wisky in the B10 Chamipnship. NOBODY would have predicted that before the season started.

True. Speight made the two most crucial mistakes. And to think he supposedly won the job due to his understanding of ball security. The second one when we were up 10 was just killer. A punt would have been fine with the way the D was playing, but he gives them the ball at the 13 with all of the momentum.
The D played a great 3 quarters. They just broke down from the 4th quarter and beyond.

As I've said a million times before, fire Butch Jones. Not after the bowl game, not next week, not tomorrow. Fire his ass right the **** now and leave him sitting in Nashville.

Yep. Unquestionably the two best teams in the Big 10 and neither will play for a conference championship. Both are better than washington and Louisville too.
I wouldn't say unquestionably. Ohio State, Michigan, and Wisconsin should all make the playoffs. If not for Alabama, I would have 4 Big 10 teams in the championship. Clemson and Washington both played in pretty weak conferences this year.

As I've said a million times before, fire Butch Jones. Not after the bowl game, not next week, not tomorrow. Fire his ass right the **** now and leave him sitting in Nashville.
Problem is they have no one to replace him with. plus the DC needs to go as well.

Problem is they have no one to replace him with.

Letting the players wing it would be an upgrade at this point. He's a terrible coach and he's starting to **** on the players. Skipping out of the press conference after last night's loss and leaving Dobbs and a couple of other players to face the media is as big of a bitch move as you'll ever see a college coach make.

Tennessee needs to pony up the cash to get a big name coach or they need to come clean to the fan base that they are content with being an average football program so that people can quit wasting their time and money on this ****.

I wouldn't say unquestionably. Ohio State, Michigan, and Wisconsin should all make the playoffs. If not for Alabama, I would have 4 Big 10 teams in the championship. Clemson and Washington both played in pretty weak conferences this year.
I think the Big Ten will get two teams in, Ohio State and the BTCG winner. I believe the Big Ten has been the best conference in college football this year, and if the committee could put two SEC teams in the freakin' National Championship Game a few years ago, it shouldn't be that big a deal to put two Big Ten teams in the playoff.

I actually found myself rooting for Penn State yesterday so the Buckeyes wouldn't have to play in the BTCG because I think they'll be in even without it. It would be a lot better for OSU if Wisconsin wins it though, since they beat Wisky head to head but lost to Penn State.

Yep. Unquestionably the two best teams in the Big 10 and neither will play for a conference championship. Both are better than washington and Louisville too.
Tons of teams are better than Louisville lol. Washington is debatable.

This is exactly why we got rid of the BCS for the CFP!! We got an all-SEC BCSNCG that we had already seen and everyone, besides Alabama fans, was pissed. Wisconsin has no business being in over a 12-1 Clemson who will probably have four wins over ranked teams if they win the ACCCG. A win over Penn State probably wouldn't give them a resume significantly better than Washington's, presuming the Huskies beat Colorado. Michigan has really good wins but no one would be able to survive losing two of their final three games. It comes down to Ohio State and/or Penn State here.

I think the Big Ten will get two teams in, Ohio State and the BTCG winner. I believe the Big Ten has been the best conference in college football this year, and if the committee could put two SEC teams in the freakin' National Championship Game a few years ago, it shouldn't be that big a deal to put two Big Ten teams in the playoff.

I actually found myself rooting for Penn State yesterday so the Buckeyes wouldn't have to play in the BTCG because I think they'll be in even without it. It would be a lot better for OSU if Wisconsin wins it though, since they beat Wisky head to head but lost to Penn State.
Oklahoma State got jobbed because the Harris and Coaches' voters had Alabama too far ahead for the Cowboys' advantage in the computers to make a difference. If that happened this season they would've played as #2 and #3 in some order, most likely.

No way PSU or Wisky gets in over Michigan.

No way PSU or Wisky gets in over Michigan.
I think Wisconsin would have a better chance of moving past Michigan in the rankings if they win the BTCG, they're ranked higher than PSU and didn't lose to Michigan as badly as Penn State did. There'd probably be a lot of butthurt if OSU and Michigan both get in and the conference champion doesn't. There's an outside chance that three Big Ten teams could get in, but Washington and Clemson would both have to lose their championship games for that to even be a possibility.

If this gets too sloppy we'll probably end up with an 8 team playoff in a few years.
That has already been in discussions for a year. Pretty sure the rumor/goal was an 8 team playoff starting in 2018.

Notre Dame quarterback Malik Zaire will be transferring to either Florida, Pittsburgh, Michigan State, or Wisconsin next year.

C'mon Colorado! If Washington loses, sounds like Michigan will be the #4 regardless. Jesus. Michigan vs Ohio State for the National Championship? I would die.

If the purpose of the playoff is to get the four best teams, then it should be Alabama, Ohio State, and Michigan. Don't really give a **** who gets the fourth spot, because the National Champion will be one of those three schools.

I also think we'll have 8 teams sooner rather than later. I wouldn't be surprised to see them give a spot to the champion from each of the P5 conferences and then have three at large teams.

C'mon Colorado! If Washington loses, sounds like Michigan will be the #4 regardless. Jesus. Michigan vs Ohio State for the National Championship? I would die.
That makes no sense. What's the point of conference championship games and strength of schedule if this happens? If Wisky wins, they should be in. If Penn State wins, they should be in.

That makes no sense. What's the point of conference championship games and strength of schedule if this happens? If Wisky wins, they should be in. If Penn State wins, they should be in.
While I agree, what I posted is pretty much what the committee said though. They said Michigan and Washington are very close, so if Washington loses, Michigan will get that spot it appears. The committee chair said that comparing Penn State and OSU wasn't something they've done... OSU is basically a hard 2. UM has a better chance to make it than the B1G champ...

While I agree, what I posted is pretty much what the committee said though. They said Michigan and Washington are very close, so if Washington loses, Michigan will get that spot it appears. The committee chair said that comparing Penn State and OSU wasn't something they've done... OSU is basically a hard 2. UM has a better chance to make it than the B1G champ...
It's just surprising because Wisconsin is currently ahead of Michigan in the coach'es poll. And that's even before the B1G championship game has been played.

Michigan needs Colorado and Virginia tech to win because most likely the big ten championship winner will jump them

If the purpose of the playoff is to get the four best teams, then it should be Alabama, Ohio State, and Michigan. Don't really give a sh!t who gets the fourth spot, because the National Champion will be one of those three schools.

I also think we'll have 8 teams sooner rather than later. I wouldn't be surprised to see them give a spot to the champion from each of the P5 conferences and then have three at large teams.
Agreed on the eight teams. It only took until Year 3 for this to turn into a ****storm. I really do not envy the position the committee is in right now, as much as I disagree with some of their decisions.

The counter is that it may water down the regular season more but we may wind up with two-loss teams in this year anyways. As long as we don't go past 8 I think the sanctity of the regular season will be preserved.

It really bothers me that Iowa isn't ranked. My conspiracy theory is they didn't rank Iowa so they can exclude them in the "vs. Top 25" records for the Big Ten contenders. There are probably five teams at least that Iowa should be ranked ahead of.

Reactions: Acs
Agreed on the eight teams. It only took until Year 3 for this to turn into a ****storm. I really do not envy the position the committee is in right now, as much as I disagree with some of their decisions.

The counter is that it may water down the regular season more but we may wind up with two-loss teams in this year anyways. As long as we don't go past 8 I think the sanctity of the regular season will be preserved.

I think giving the champions of the P5 conferences an automatic bid, it helps with the issue of watering down the regular season.

I think 6 teams would be perfect. Automatic advancement for the "big 5" conference champions, plus 1 wildcard. Top 2 get a 1st-round bye.

The main reason why there are currently only 4 teams is due to the safety factor. Colleges don't want to risk ruining the lives of these kids, 99.9% of whom will never make it to the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom