College Football 2018

Discussion in 'Sports and Entertainment Center' started by Blaze, Sep 1, 2018.

1. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

They proved that in 2011 too.

I think it was dumber then, actually.

ToyYoda likes this.
  2. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Which looks a lot worse than Oklahoma losing to Texas on a last-second FG in October now too. LSU didn't look nearly as good down the stretch and Texas wound up being better than people thought they were at the time.

3. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

Dwayne Haskins making a good case to be the first QB taken in the draft next April.

Ohio State doesn’t have a history of producing great NFL QB’s, but I think Haskins has a great chance to succeed at the next level.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  4. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

I don't think he'll go yet.

5. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

Look, I’m a Bulldogs fan, and if they made the playoffs I wouldn’t think it was right (wouldn’t be mad and would cheer for them being it’s my team). But honestly, this isn’t there year, they might have gave Bama the best fight anyone has all season, but the thing is they lost, they don’t deserve the spot. I would hate it if a two lost team had got in over them last year, so I wouldn’t want it done to a team who deserves it. Oklahoma should have the spot. If this was a Top 8 deal sure Georgia would have earned a chance with that game... but that’s not the case.

FLRacingFan and ToyYoda like this.
  6. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

It’d be more “fair” if every conference had an Alabama type team to get past to win the conference.

7. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

I mean, I can agree to that. But it’s sadly not the case. We’ll just have to wait to see what happens. But like I said, not sure if the fact they almost beat Bama is enough reason to put them in. Without that lost to LSU, sure.

8. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

They were also routed by LSU though. Which still isn't as bad as Oklahoma's loss.

Michfan likes this.
  9. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

Nope, aint gonna. I grew up and still live in the Florida Panhandle. That means in the late 40s through the 70s it was a combination of Roll Tide/War Eagle/Gators being screamed outta car windows all through the night. We were and still are on the geographical border between all three. Back then we slept with our windows open and the drunken Tide fans ruled the night. :booya: :p

fergy1370 likes this.
  10. ChexOrWrex

LSU ended up a top 10 team and Texas did not.

I dont believe that #4 losing to #1 by one score in the final minute warrants a drop. Especially considering how far #1 is ahead compared to the competition.

11. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

They both were 9-3 before Texas had to play an extra game. And for some reason there is a HUGE discrepancy between the CFP committee and everyone else because Texas is higher in both the AP and Coaches Polls.

Georgia had their chance and blew it. I don't see why they should get another one in a season where there are so few games that allegedly makes them all matter. To keep Georgia at #4 or move them up to #3 (Kirk Herbstreit actually said this last night, wtf) would be to say that results don't matter - which is a pretty terrible precedent to set.

12. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

Herbstreit said that again this morning. In what universe do you move up after a loss? I don’t care if the loss was to the #1 team, you don’t move up unless everyone ahead of you lost too, which Clemson and ND (who didn’t play) did not.

I’m a Buckeyes fan, but I think Oklahoma absolutely deserves the #4 spot.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  13. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

Paul Finebaum also saying Georgia should get in, color me shocked.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  14. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

[​IMG]

Good they did the right thing.

Michfan, FLRacingFan and ToyYoda like this.
  15. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

Georgia apparently will be playing Texas in the Sugar Bowl, should be a good game.

Blaze and FLRacingFan like this.
  16. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

lol. Kirk is livid that UGA didn't get in. Huh?

ToyYoda likes this.
  17. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

Lincoln Riley must have sh!t in Kirk’s corn flakes this morning. You could tell even the other analysts on ESPN were like “whoa, take it easy” regarding Kirk’s vehement defense of UGA.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  18. ChexOrWrex

The world where ND doesnt have a conference championship to play in. Everyone knows Clemson is gonna beat the brakes off ‘em. The competition level is outstanding.

19. Michfan

Michfan Team Owner

Michigan gets to beat Florida's ass again. We play Florida more than we play Minnesota and Illinois and they are in our conference.

lisa likes this.
  20. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

I’m pretty tired of it myself. Most people here wanted UF/UCF.

Michfan likes this.
  21. Michfan

Michfan Team Owner

Yeah, that would've been much better and Michigan never plays LSU. Instead we get Florida and Michigan again.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  22. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

Glad to see the Bucks in the Rose Bowl. Says a Buckeye in Washington State.:)

ToyYoda likes this.
  23. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

Good Lord, the names of some of these bowl games....

Cheibundi Tart Cherry Boca Raton Bowl
    Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl
    Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
    Cheez-It Bowl
    Raycom Media Camellia Bowl
    Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl

24. TexasRaceLady

TexasRaceLady Plank Owner Contributor

So far ---
    Navy-- 0
    Army -- 10

25. fergy1370

fergy1370 Team Owner

Navy finally on the board..... 10 - 7

26. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

Guess I’ll watch the Heisman Quarterback Trophy Show tonight. This will make 16 out of 19 years that a QB has won it.

27. lisa

lisa Kurt Busch fan

Happy for Kylar Murray. (Spelling?)

Kinda glad Dwayne didn't win. I'm hoping he'll come back to OSU next season.

28. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

I hope Haskins comes back too, but I don’t think winning or not winning the Heisman will have much effect on his decision. It’ll be more based on where he’s projected to go in the draft. Most mock drafts I’ve seen have him as a mid-1st rounder if he leaves OSU this year. All that $ could be too tempting to pass up.