College Football 2018

I’m so damn nervous right now.
Every non-Alabama fan to Georgia right now...

D3CEE56B-01CF-440E-9517-45D91FAC5528.jpeg

Tuna Tagviola is overrated.

Also.......I think it's silly for anyone to suggest UCF should be in the playoff. If UL-Lafayette went undefeated, should they get a playoff berth? Fuck no, because they play in the Sun Belt. UCF and the fucking AAC is no different. Who is the toughest team they played....Temple? Oooooh scary!!!

Tuna Tagviola is overrated.

Also.......I think it's silly for anyone to suggest UCF should be in the playoff. If UL-Lafayette went undefeated, should they get a playoff berth? Fuck no, because they play in the Sun Belt. UCF and the fucking AAC is no different. Who is the toughest team they played....Temple? Oooooh scary!!!
AAC is way better than the Sun Belt fwiw.

The problem is the committee ranks G5 teams much lower than the BCS formula ever did and the playoff is still too exclusive for a G5 team to make it almost no matter what.

AAC is way better than the Sun Belt fwiw.

The problem is the committee ranks G5 teams much lower than the BCS formula ever did and the playoff is still too exclusive for a G5 team to make it almost no matter what.

If UCF played in the SEC, I think they would be a 7-5 team at best. :idunno:

If UCF played in the SEC, I think they would be a 7-5 team at best. :idunno:
The non-AQ/G5 rep has won the BCS/NY6 bowl they got more often than not. Idk about a full season in the SEC, but they have a ton of speed on offense and play good second half defense, so 7-5 at best seems harsh IMO.

At the very least I don’t think wanting an 8-team playoff with more access is much to ask for. It’s kinda dumb you go into the season knowing you’re probably not going to a playoff even if you’re unbeaten. There’s not another sport in the planet where that can happen.

Unreal.

Teams from Georgia can not be trusted. Atlanta United probably blows a 3-0 lead next week or something.

Hey let's run a fake punt with 11 yards to make it. Kirby should be fired for that call!

Dumb call, should have at least timed out against the stacked defense

But wait minute, firing Smart would be the dumbest call of the year

I just can't believe Hurts came in and did a reverse Tua this time. That's cruel for Georgia fans.

Still think UGA deserves a spot in the playoff 4. If you want the best 4 teams in CFB, you keep UGA at #4 (maybe even #3 with the eye test and strength of schedule).

Oklahoma is a 1 loss team with a conference championship, but lets be real - they’d get torn to shreds vs the dawgs.

The committee put Bama in last season after losing to Auburn. The same logic keeps UGA in this season, IMO.

Still think UGA deserves a spot in the playoff 4. If you want the best 4 teams in CFB, you keep UGA at #4 (maybe even #3 with the eye test and strength of schedule).

Oklahoma is a 1 loss team with a conference championship, but lets be real - they’d get torn to shreds vs the dawgs.

The committee put Bama in last season after losing to Auburn. The same logic keeps UGA in this season, IMO.
Meh...not sure you can put a two-loss Georgia in over Oklahoma AND Ohio State, both of whom (assuming OSU holds on to beat NW) would be conference champions with only one loss. It would also likely force Alabama to play Georgia again in the first playoff game.

Meh...not sure you can put a two-loss Georgia in over Oklahoma AND Ohio State, both of whom (assuming OSU holds on to beat NW) would be conference champions with only one loss. It would also likely force Alabama to play Georgia again in the first playoff game.
Placing Ohio State, who not only lost to Purdue but got blown out, over a team who lost to the #1 team in the final 60 seconds of the game, would be mind boggling to me.

Whole reason 4 teams is an awful set up. Nightmare scenrio incoming. It was never about “conference champions” only getting in, it was about choosing the best teams based on record and the eye test. I still think the eye test shows that UGA deserves that spot.

I could vouch for Oklahoma bumpin ND out, but they’ll never drop an undefeated team.

Placing Ohio State, who not only lost to Purdue but got blown out, over a team who lost to the #1 team in the final 60 seconds of the game, would be mind boggling to me.

Whole reason 4 teams is an awful set up. Nightmare scenrio incoming. It was never about “conference champions” only getting in, it was about choosing the best teams based on record and the eye test. I still think the eye test shows that UGA deserves that spot.

I could vouch for Oklahoma bumpin ND out, but they’ll never drop an undefeated team.
I agree there should be 8 teams in the playoff, but winning your conference has to mean something at some point. Putting Georgia in over Okla. and OSU if they win tonight would confirm the SEC bias everybody talks about IMO.

Plus, it wouldn’t really be fair to Alabama to have to beat Georgia again to make it to the NCG.

Playoff should be Bama, Georgia, LSU, Florida
#secspeed

I agree there should be 8 teams in the playoff, but winning your conference has to mean something at some point. Putting Georgia in over Okla. and OSU if they win tonight would confirm the SEC bias everybody talks about IMO.

Plus, it wouldn’t really be fair to Alabama to have to beat Georgia again to make it to the NCG.
Alabama proved that winning the conference isnt a prerequisite last season. Losing the SEC, coming in #4 and winning it all. It’s about the 4 best teams all season & pass the eye test, not how the team did vs half their regular season schedule.

Only allowing conf champs into the playoff was a fabrication developed by irrational Big 10 fans.

Alabama proved that winning the conference isnt a prerequisite last season. Losing the SEC, coming in #4 and winning it all. It’s about the 4 best teams all season & pass the eye test, not how the team did vs half their regular season schedule.

Only allowing conf champs into the playoff was a fabrication developed by irrational Big 10 fans.
Yeah, let's just pretend Georgia didn't lose by 20 to LSU...

2018 Georgia does not equal 2017 Alabama. Auburn was Alabama’s only loss last year, and the decision for the #4 seed last year was between them and Ohio State, who despite winning their conference, had two losses including a 55-24 loss to Iowa. I completely understood why they took Alabama over Ohio State. Georgia this year however has two losses, one of them a blowout, and are going up against one, maybe two Power 5 conference champions with one loss. Georgia’s non-conference schedule was a joke as well (Austin Peay, Middle Tennessee, and UMass).

And Notre Dame will kill that arguement for good with them being in the playoff.

2018 Georgia does not equal 2017 Alabama. Auburn was Alabama’s only loss last year, and the decision for the #4 seed last year was between them and Ohio State, who despite winning their conference, had two losses including a 55-24 loss to Iowa. I completely understood why they took Alabama over Ohio State. Georgia this year however has two losses, one of them a blowout, and are going up against one, maybe two Power 5 conference champions with one loss. Georgia’s non-conference schedule was a joke as well (Austin Peay, Middle Tennessee, and UMass).
All good points as well.

I think Georgia is probably "better" than Oklahoma but they lost two games in a 13-game season and didn't win their conference. Considering that Oklahoma both has a better record and won a power conference, AND that UGA would yet again be playing Alabama I think them getting in would be ridiculous. If eye test is what it all comes down to we may as well just not keep score and look at recruiting ranks. No second chances in a sport with this exclusive of a playoff.

Back
Top Bottom