College Football 2020

One player cannot help an inept franchise.

Jaguars got off to a quick start in the 90s and never recovered that form.
Bortles brought them to an AFC championship game so it's not a complete slight against him. The Jaguars are poorly ran and I think Lawrence is good not great.

Dude, you literally posted a photoshoped picture of Lawrence in a Jaguars uniform in the NFL thread.
He posted more times in last week's Lawrence bowl than most fans do when their team plays in the actual superbowl and he's already dumping the poor bastard.

If any NFL scout watching this game picks Lawrence over Fields, they are a total fool. Fields is playing 65% at best and is lights out in the air. Imagine if he was playing this good with the ability to run? They’d have 2 more scores.

Lawrence is having trouble connecting beyond 20 yards. He could overthrow ISIS tonight.

That’s Lawrence’s third fumble tonight. This is a Heisman finalist?

No wonder Justin Fields is rightfully pissed. He has outshined Lawrence in every facet tonight and somehow the commentators and producers are still enamored with Trevor. I know one performance doesn't define a career but damn Fields deserves his moment tonight.

The problem Jacksonville will have is that they're probably going to have to put Lawrence in week one. They don't have a quarterback they can sit him behind for a year, unless they go sign Cam Newton or something.

Here's to hoping a new GM knows what to do with 11 draft picks and over $100 million in cap space.

LOL at that chick chatting up fields on the sideline.

I know it wont happen but with how much they keep talking about last year’s game, I wonder if they’re gonna mention how the awful targeting call on Lawrence that booted a top defensive player and the awful non-fumble/incomplete catch call totally changed the game and basically robbed it from OSU.

This revenge game has been a long time coming.

Side note, Lawrence lost the ball again and then threw an INT. This is the first competent opponent he’s seen all season and it’s been a ****show for him.

If I was Jacksonville's GM, I'm trading down. Take care of the O-line and defense needs and worry about a quarterback in free agency. Dak Prescott and Sam Darnold may be available.

I know it wont happen but with how much they keep talking about last year’s game, I wonder if they’re gonna mention how the awful targeting call on Lawrence that booted a top defensive player and the awful non-fumble/incomplete catch call totally changed the game and basically robbed it from OSU.

This revenge game has been a long time coming.

Side note, Lawrence lost the ball again and then threw an INT. This is the first competent opponent he’s seen all season and it’s been a ****show for him.
His stats weren’t bad, but Lawrence looked like boiled ass tonight.

Fifth time Alabama and Ohio State have ever played, I’ll take it over what would’ve felt like an umpteenth Alabama/Clemson game.

The problem Jacksonville will have is that they're probably going to have to put Lawrence in week one. They don't have a quarterback they can sit him behind for a year, unless they go sign Cam Newton or something.

Here's to hoping a new GM knows what to do with 11 draft picks and over $100 million in cap space.
Bengals and Joe Burrow should be a cautionary tale about that. They had a **** OL and knew it and had him throwing 35, 40, 45 times a game in an obviously lost season and look what happened.

Need to give your franchise centerpiece QB help and manage his development reasonably.

The prevailing theory is that Dabo will take over at Bama when Saban is gone, but I don’t think so. Saban rarely gloats and lets his team’s performance do the talking. Dabo often has a mouth that writes checks his ass cant cash. Bama’s fans nor BOT would put up with that for long.

Bengals and Joe Burrow should be a cautionary tale about that. They had a **** OL and knew it and had him throwing 35, 40, 45 times a game in an obviously lost season and look what happened.

Need to give your franchise centerpiece QB help and manage his development reasonably.
I mean, the Jags are gonna have to get a veteran QB in free agency anyway. If they go through with Lawrence, or Fields, they will probably need to sign Newton or Fitzpatrick for Lawrence to sit behind. Minshew and Glennon are not good enough to help Lawrence progress.

2021 is a lost season anyway. Team isn’t gonna go from 1-15 or 2-14 to playoff contenders.

I mean, the Jags are gonna have to get a veteran QB in free agency anyway. If they go through with Lawrence, or Fields, they will probably need to sign Newton or Fitzpatrick for Lawrence to sit behind.
If they are gonna waste a top draft pick on a benched player, they might as well use their picks on receivers or backs who can pass block. If blocking is ****, nobody will succeed.

The prevailing theory is that Dabo will take over at Bama when Saban is gone, but I don’t think so. Saban rarely gloats and lets his team’s performance do the talking. Dabo often has a mouth that writes checks his ass cant cash. Bama’s fans nor BOT would put up with that for long.
Dabo Swinney has also been talked about a lot for the head coach job in Jacksonville.

After tonight, I would rather see Jay Gruden with that job.

If they are gonna waste a top draft pick on a benched player, they might as well use their picks on receivers or backs who can pass block. If blocking is ****, nobody will succeed.
They do have 11 picks, four in the first two rounds.

Regardless, whoever ends up being Jacksonville’s GM, that job got harder tonight.

umm...been a LONG time since I saw targetting called
You must not watch much college ball. I rarely see a game where's it's not called.
I’d be surprised if Fields is starting for Bama. I think he’s benefiting from pain killers, the ability to keep loose and have some adrenaline flowing.
He'll be fine.

For Dabo

I think you owe Ohio State ab apology.png

The ACC is 0-6 in bowl games so far.

The SEC is, and by far, the best conference in college football - regardless of the outcome of Ohio State vs. Alabama.

We’ve gotta get rid of the playoff committee. These dudes put 2 ACC teams in to get absolutely stomped. It’s laughable how bad that league is

Big XII recovered pretty well to a 5-0 bowl record after looking terrible early in the season. All solid opponents too.

ACC kinda got hurt by Notre Dame getting a second playoff spot and moving the rest of their matchups up a spot. Same thing happened to the SEC in 2017 when they got two in.

No doubt the SEC gets more talent than any other league though. Even in a bit of a down year they lost the two bowls they were supposed to and met or exceeded expectations in the rest.

Big XII recovered pretty well to a 5-0 bowl record after looking terrible early in the season. All solid opponents too.

ACC kinda got hurt by Notre Dame getting a second playoff spot and moving the rest of their matchups up a spot. Same thing happened to the SEC in 2017 when they got two in.

No doubt the SEC gets more talent than any other league though. Even in a bit of a down year they lost the two bowls they were supposed to and met or exceeded expectations in the rest.

As so they should. Truthfully the demise of Florida State and Miami are the main reason the SEC is as good as it is today. If those programs returned to being perennial national championship contenders it’d hurt the recruiting of the SEC big dogs quite a bit.

I don’t want to get ahead of myself too much here but I’ll say tonight has the potential to be a classic if both teams show up healthy and prepared. I wouldn’t be surprised if close to a third of this spring’s first round draft picks come from this game and I don’t think there’s any doubt at this point these are the two best teams in the country. Hopefully Jaylen Waddle is good to go.

Back
Top Bottom