College Football 2022

October C-USA needs a catchy tag like November MACtion now.

Seriously it’s good that they won’t have games on Stadium and Facebook anymore.

It’s some decent content for a G5 league. Liberty isn’t bad & schools like Sam Houston, UTEP & LA Tech have potential.

I hope the buck stops with FCS to FBS move ups

Now imagine this happening after everything we just watched.
FhJokOZUoAA2tRl

No thank you, please don't do this college football, it's not too late to change your mind, hit us up here at rf for more tips and suggestions.
Not sure why anyone would complain about more meaningful college football games. I can not wait for this 12 team playoff

Not sure why anyone would complain about more meaningful college football games. I can not wait for this 12 team playoff
The argument is that it really takes away a lot of the meaning from regular season games and shifts it elsewhere. For a sport that’s prided itself on having the best regular season in sports that’s a significant change. The Alabama games against Tennessee and LSU don’t have the same impact if 10-2 squads can comfortably make it. Same thing with Ohio State/Michigan, where in 2006/2016/2021/2022 it decided (or will decide) who makes the CFP or BCSNCG. It doesn’t have the same impact if the loser gets to host a playoff game instead of go-or-go-home.

On the flip side it makes fringe top 10-20 games mean more at this point in the season. This week’s Penn State/Maryland game would mean more in the future than it does now. So the question is really whether or not decreasing the meaning of the season’s biggest games in exchange for heightening that of the 10-25 is worth it.

The argument is that it really takes away a lot of the meaning from regular season games and shifts it elsewhere. For a sport that’s prided itself on having the best regular season in sports that’s a significant change. The Alabama games against Tennessee and LSU don’t have the same impact if 10-2 squads can comfortably make it. Same thing with Ohio State/Michigan, where in 2006/2016/2021/2022 it decided (or will decide) who makes the CFP or BCSNCG. It doesn’t have the same impact if the loser gets to host a playoff game instead of go-or-go-home.

On the flip side it makes fringe top 10-20 games mean more at this point in the season. This week’s Penn State/Maryland game would mean more in the future than it does now. So the question is really whether or not decreasing the meaning of the season’s biggest games in exchange for heightening that of the 10-25 is worth it.

Yep. Also, it's all about the money. More playoff games = more $$$

And outside of the playoff, nobody seems to give a damn about bowl games anymore. The good players usually sit out to "focus on preparing for the NFL draft" because the Alamo Bowl or the Poinsettia Bowl or the Humanitarian Bowl or whatever means absolutely nothing to anyone nowadays.

I miss the days when every regular season game mattered, and bowl season was something to look forward to.

The dilution of the regular season is the biggest problem I have with it, not that I wouldn't want to see 12 teams square off in some years, most years not, it's going to give too many big brand 2 loss teams a freerun at a championship for my taste, rendering the regular season moments to the backseat.

Just a desperate plea to the ncaa cfb to not go thru with it lol. More money for them yeehaw.

Hufe weekend in the AAC with 6-3 ECU @ 7-2 Cincy tonight and then #17 Tulane hosts #22 UCF tomorrow, first time Tulane has hosted a top 25 matchup since 1949 against LSU. Unless ECU pulls off a miracle I imagine the AAC champ gets the G5 NY6 bid.

Yep. Also, it's all about the money. More playoff games = more $$$

And outside of the playoff, nobody seems to give a damn about bowl games anymore. The good players usually sit out to "focus on preparing for the NFL draft" because the Alamo Bowl or the Poinsettia Bowl or the Humanitarian Bowl or whatever means absolutely nothing to anyone nowadays.

I miss the days when every regular season game mattered, and bowl season was something to look forward to.
Conference titles, rivalries, bowl games. That’s what it’s all about. Everyone got tunnel vision and thinks they can win the natty now. The narrow scope seems to feed itself because then schools jump leagues so they can make bazillions more or else they don’t think they can compete. Is it going to get better when the SEC gets five CFP teams and takes home the majority of the TV money?

SEC- $54.6M per team (current deal, going to go up)
B1G- $54.3M per team (current deal, going to go up)
B12- projected to be $50M per team, currently $42.6M
ACC- $36.1M per team
PAC- TBD, currently $33.6M per team.

AAC- $7M per team
MWC- $4M per team
SBC- $500,000 (is this the new TV deal?)
MAC- $600,000 (is this their new TV deal?)
CUSA- $750,000-$800,000

Conference titles, rivalries, bowl games. That’s what it’s all about. Everyone got tunnel vision and thinks they can win the natty now. The narrow scope seems to feed itself because then schools jump leagues so they can make bazillions more or else they don’t think they can compete. Is it going to get better when the SEC gets five CFP teams and takes home the majority of the TV money?

The identity of college football is getting destroyed. Regional conferences are a thing of the past, and that's sad. Now it's all about TV money and capturing markets so the rich guys running these athletic programs and superconferences can get even richer. It's nauseating.

If you're Texas or Oklahoma, would you rather be a top dog in the Big 12, or a 7-win team in the SEC? The answer is obvious, because they already made their choice. They chose the money.

I think it's funny to hear fans try and convince themselves that all this superconference BS is actually a good thing. 'My team's conference gets more money!' So what? You aren't seeing a dime of that.

So then these fans talk about wanting to see bigtime quality matchups EVERY week. Think about that for a minute. When has that EVER been a problem in the history of college football? There are over 120+ D1 schools. You can ALWAYS find several good games to watch every Saturday.

'But but but I want MY team to play someone important every week!' Oh yeah, are you sure about that? Personally, I want to see my team WIN. If you want to watch a level playing field every week, that's what the NFL is for. A couple "cupcake" games for your college team every season are good for everyone. Why's that? For one, it makes you appreciate the "big" games that much more. Two, it helps your team get tuned up and offers valuable playing time for your depth to get some action. Three, that cupcake school is getting paid handsomely to take a beating. They use that money to improve their athletic programs, or in some cases, keep them afloat.

Look at the rankings. You already have these solid G5 schools that nobody respects because the prestigious P5 schools with multiple losses play a tougher schedule. Well get used to it, because it's going to get a lot worse with superconferences. This is just a matter of the rich getting richer, the difference between the haves and the have nots growing larger, the regular season importance getting watered down, and many of the traditions and pageantry we all love getting thrown in the toilet.

It is what it is. FCS has a decent product. This stuff has been happening since Penn State joined the Big Ten.

Hopefully the PAC-10 doesn’t dissolve.

The identity of college football is getting destroyed. Regional conferences are a thing of the past, and that's sad. Now it's all about TV money and capturing markets so the rich guys running these athletic programs and superconferences can get even richer. It's nauseating.

If you're Texas or Oklahoma, would you rather be a top dog in the Big 12, or a 7-win team in the SEC? The answer is obvious, because they already made their choice. They chose the money.
I **** you not, I read an AP article this week about rising travel and food costs “straining” college athletics budgets and a couple of the schools covered were Iowa and Nebraska. The Big Ten is already the richest conference and will be clearing nine figures per school annually before long. Nebraska couldn’t wait three weeks to save $7.5M on Scott Frost’s buyout. It was probably the most tone deaf thing I’ve read in a while.

Ironic considering a primarily southern sport did the same thing 20 years ago

Good game between ECU and Cincy, ECU kinda got screwed on the last drive with uncalled PI/holding calls though.

Most of the Friday night ESPN games this year have been good/close.

Arkansas, who just lost to Liberty, is giving LSU all they can handle. Arkansas is playing their 3rd string QB. Espn keeps trying to push the LSU to the playoffs narrative

:espnsux:

8 conference games. Late season FCS home game. 2 other mediocre Sun Belt + MAC schools. Profit.
They absolutely have to go to 9 conference games when OU and Texas join. Hell, the Big Ten is considering going to 10 game when USC/UCLA arrive.

Really glad I get to watch Tennessee’s backups physically abuse Mizzou instead of the biggest game of the season for my team

Illinois have pretty much bottled the B1G West title these last two weeks. What a ****show that division is.

Tennessee up by 35 with a minute left at the goal line and still trying to score, what a lovable team

Style points and that was plenty of them to stay in the national title conversation, good bounce' back for them.

Back
Top Bottom