College Football 2022

Dumb dumb dumb flag in the Oregon/Washington game. This is what I can't stand about officiating. If it's a borderline ticky tack "penalty" providing ZERO advantage for the team in question, don't throw the damned flag, or at least pick it up after the play. I hate these refs affecting the outcomes of these games with their BS. Let the PLAYERS determine the outcome of the games.
What ticky tack penalty?

Dumb dumb dumb flag in the Oregon/Washington game. This is what I can't stand about officiating. If it's a borderline ticky tack "penalty" providing ZERO advantage for the team in question, don't throw the damned flag, or at least pick it up after the play. I hate these refs affecting the outcomes of these games with their BS. Let the PLAYERS determine the outcome of the games.
He was borderline forced and that’s not within the spirit of the rule anyways. Brutal way to lose.

I can’t believe Oregon decided to go for it on 4th & 1 from their own 35 with 1:30 to go, though. You don’t have Bo Nix back on the field yet and if you fail you give the Huskies the ball back in FG range already. What an astonishing call. Play for OT and let Nix cook.

What ticky tack penalty?

Oregon's catch along the sideline with :01 left on the clock. They said the receiver voluntarily stepped out of bounds (he didn't, and if he did, it was extremely close to the line) and you can reasonably argue he was forced out by the defender anyway. Regardless, the receiver "running out of bounds" had ZERO affect on the outcome of that play.

The refs robbed us of a potential game-tying FG and great overtime finish. And for what? It's asinine.

Auburn beats A&M so the Aggies now have sole possession of worst record in the SEC at 3-7. As in, worse than Vandy.

3-6 Arizona upsets UCLA on the road in late night to cap off the day. Typical PAC-12 cannibalism today. USC is the league’s last playoff hope.

Unreal, UCLA was a 20 point fave in Pasadena. Them and Oregon both going down on the same night, didn't see that one coming. I'd be surprised if USC makes it thru without dropping another game.

I'm not sold on TCU just yet, I think they get got @Baylor they subscribe to the same rush 3 drop 8 into coverage, and I doubt Shapely will have the same problems freshman Ewers was having seeing the field (that was an abysmal offensive performance by Texas, without their defense it would have been 48-3).

I think USC goes down to @UCLA too, after a laughable loss to UofA UCLA got caught looking ahead but they have a boom or bust squad.

If that scenario plays out, it's a large spotlight on the Ohio State/Michigan game depending on margin of victory, if they lose a close one each one should still get in as a 1-loss alongside Tennessee. The curveball coming would be if LSU shocks the world and beats Georgia in the SECcg, in which case the whole top 4 gets lit on fire and I'm here for it.

I'm not sold on TCU just yet, I think they get got @Baylor they subscribe to the same rush 3 drop 8 into coverage, and I doubt Shapely will have the same problems freshman Ewers was having seeing the field (that was an abysmal offensive performance by Texas, without their defense it would have been 48-3).

I think USC goes down to @UCLA too, after a laughable loss to UofA UCLA got caught looking ahead but they have a boom or bust squad.

If that scenario plays out, it's a large spotlight on the Ohio State/Michigan game depending on margin of victory, if they lose a close one each one should still get in as a 1-loss alongside Tennessee. The curveball coming would be if LSU shocks the world and beats Georgia in the SECcg, in which case the whole top 4 gets lit on fire and I'm here for it.
I give this a very small chance of happening but 11-2 SEC Champ LSU, 12-1 SEC runner-up UGA, 13-0 Mich/OSU, 11-1 Mich/OSU, 11-1 Tennessee, 12-1 Clemson, 12-1 USC, 12-1 B12 champ TCU would be maximum chaos.

Assume heavy favorite UGA (-15.5 right now) beats LSU and the rest still leaves five teams for two spots and I don’t think that scenario is totally out of the question.

If Michigan beats Ohio State in a close game I could see both getting in, but I don't see it happening if Michigan loses.

If Michigan beats Ohio State in a close game I could see both getting in, but I don't see it happening if Michigan loses.

if TCU does remain undefeated, I'll be interested to see where they rank the losing team of that clash ahead or behind Tennessee.

btw that was early morning snafu of combining qb names Shapen and Likely lol.

Watching USF at Tulsa, and there's mayyyybe a few hundred fans in attendance. What the hell?
Tulsa has like 4,000 students. I’m not really sure how they fund an FBS program. They have some pretty serious financial issues iirc, not just related to but certainly including athletics.

Not much big going on until primetime, The Revivalry at Baylor most likely to be an interesting game early on I think.

UCF chokes at home as 15.5-point favorites against 3-7 Navy, maybe Coastal Carolina has a shot at the NY6 after all.

UCF chokes at home as 15.5-point favorites against 3-7 Navy, maybe Coastal Carolina has a shot at the NY6 after all.

Well when you face such a dynamic, balanced offense like Navy’s who can blame them

CBAFE902-F730-4669-8312-3102A24C3CF8.jpeg

If these upsets hold and Alabama closes with big wins over Austin Peay and Auburn I can see them making a sneak CFP appearance.

The more time Harbaugh spends with our QBs the worse they get. We're about to get a commit from 5 star Jadyn Davis. He should probably rethink it

Back
Top Bottom