College football 2023

I’m glad expansion is coming next year. 12 still seems high to me but at least every realistically deserving team will be in.

I was really torn on what I would do in this scenario. Even as much as I despise Bama they’re certainly one of the best four teams in the county in my view. My current prediction is they beat Texas in a rematch in the final. However, leaving out an undefeated P5 conference champion will never be not wild.

At least this is the last year of this issue.

It sucks but I am not surprised.
That is why I want the playoffs expanded. The polls or selection commitees will always screw teams in a system that seems to be as analytical as beauty pagents.

Four teams are better than two because a third seed doesn't get screwed.
Eight teams are better than four because the fifth seed doesn't get screwed, at least it minmized down to the ninth seed etc.

College football is great and one of the best sports anywhere. But the track record for letting the best teams play for the title has been perpetually effed up.
Getting more teams in the playoffs is the best way to eliminate a lot of the subjective BS.

Note: I wouldnt want to be on the commitee. Teams like Liberty are not a top four team, but the actual records still should count for something. Alabama may win it all this year, but that still would not validate the process.

So if we use the logic that is screwing FSU over, why wouldn't UGA and OSU be ranked ahead of FSU as well

Or it's just contrived BS

FSU, without Jordan Travis, would get annihilated by Michigan. Who wants to see what? Nobody.

Alabama will make it a game, and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them win.

It's all about the $$$, folks

Florida State should decline the Cupcake Bowl invitation and lay claim to the National Championship.

They can claim whatever they want, and nobody will care. Georgia will likely have a ton of guys opting out, and they will still roll FSU with their backups.

I'm sure FSU and their fans are pretending to be outraged, crying about how they got screwed by the committee, but deep down they are breathing a sigh of relief. They know they would get smoked in the playoffs, but now they can avoid that embarrassment and boast about their record and act like they would have been champions.

I’m glad expansion is coming next year. 12 still seems high to me but at least every realistically deserving team will be in.

I was really torn on what I would do in this scenario. Even as much as I despise Bama they’re certainly one of the best four teams in the county in my view. My current prediction is they beat Texas in a rematch in the final. However, leaving out an undefeated P5 conference champion will never be not wild.

At least this is the last year of this issue.
Yeah, I’m disappointed because they proved why expansion is coming. This was an exceptionally top heavy year that was going to be harder to pick no matter what, but you just can’t leave out an unbeaten P5 champ - even though I also think Alabama would be favored over FSU on neutral field right now. I’d just much rather go to 8 than 12 if we have to do this whole one true champion thing.

ESPN was pushing the Alabama over FSU $hit all day yesterday too. The SEC wasn’t even that good this year, they were 7-9 out of conference including 4-6 vs. the ACC.
Always gotta follow the money.

Honestly Oregon would probably be favored over Washington if they played a third time

Might as well just put oregon in instead of Washington

Florida State should decline the Cupcake Bowl invitation and lay claim to the National Championship.
Nah, that would just look like caving and would cost the school and ACC a ton of money. They should go out there and beat the same team Alabama just did to prove their point. Then I would guarantee there’d be a ranking/selector that would have FSU #1. In which case I would honestly not mind if they claimed it, and I’d imagine they would.

Nah, that would just look like caving and would cost the school and ACC a ton of money. They should go out there and beat the same team Alabama just did to prove their point. Then I would guarantee there’d be a ranking/selector that would have FSU #1. In which case I would honestly not mind if they claimed it, and I’d imagine they would.

It makes no sense for Florida State players who are preparing to declare for the NFL Draft.

Nothing to gain and a lot to lose.

As for the ACC, they just essentially got relegated out of Power 5 status. Why go along with it?

It makes no sense for Florida State players who are preparing to declare for the NFL Draft.

As for the ACC, they just essentially got relegated out of Power 5 status. Why go along with it?
That's why it's hard to blame teams who left the Pac 12. It's why FSU, Miami, VT, and Clemson will leave the ACC. You can't blame them

There’s quite literally everything still to play for. If they win they claim a split title rather easily, maybe even the AP or Coaches’ Poll if Alabama or Texas wind up winning.

There’s no way these players are going to forgo this opportunity either. There are 85 dudes on scholarship who are gonna go out there wanting to make a statement. They’re not weenies.

That's why it's hard to blame teams who left the Pac 12. It's why FSU, Miami, VT, and Clemson will leave the ACC. You can't blame them
North Carolina might leave the ACC too.

Although I really think the state legislature will have to act there. Losing the UNC/Duke rivalry will cost the state a literal metric ****ton of money.

Doesn’t sound like a team throwing in the towel.

1701630085744.png

It sucks how controversial this all is because I think these NY6 bowls are going to be fantastic. Maybe the best set we’ve had. So many good teams this year. Usually we get maybe one or two competitive games in the whole batch.

FSU getting treated like a mid major is something that I never thought I'd see. Are they going to go Big Ten or SEC?
Big Ten. Don’t think they want anything to do with SEC and I think they’re a better fit up there anyways.

They’ve wanted out before all this since the ACC TV deal runs through 2036 and is gonna wind up being so far behind financially compared to the SEC and B1G.

Remember when expanding from 2 to 4 was suppose to solve the undefeated problem? Almost 20 years later, 2023 Florida State joins 2004 Auburn in an exclusive club.

More outrageous than the FSU situation imo. This Boo guy directly conflicted his logic from earlier today. Just making **** up as they go.

Even with the expansion, it would be better for schools to just schedule against high school level opponents to go undefeated than actually take on good teams.

And that’s probably what will happen.

Everyone ready for the days of Alabama beating community colleges 65-3 again?

Back
Top Bottom